ADVERTISEMENT

Found me an old Chinese SKS

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005

Woohoo!! Scored for $250. If you don't have the cash or will to mess with an AR15 (and they have been pretty cheap lately), then go find one of these. They are fairly accurate and the ammo is cheap as of now. Just about any SKS will handle the cheap steel cased 7.62x39 and keep smiling for more. Grab a 75 round drum mag for another $120 bucks or so, and you have a fire breathing asshole blaster. Golden Tiger 7.62 from SGammo in Stillwater....good stuff.

I love me an SKS. This is my 3rd one, I have a Russian and a Yugo as well. Of course, the Russian is the nicest out of the three, the Yugo is the meanest looking with the grenade launcher muzzle and sights, and the Chinese SKS is ugly, beat up looking, and just plain fun.

I would imagine in the coming years the SKS and the Mosin Nagant will join the M1 carbine, AK and Garand in the realm of higher prices once the current stock of guns dry up. The Mosin may take a while longer, there's still a ton of them floating around. But the SKS is getting a little more scarce as time goes on. The Chinese SKS's are probably the cheapest. Mine is all numbers matching metal parts, the stock appears to have been added during an arsenal rebuild and has no numbers. Everyone remembers the days of SKSs at the gun shows for under $100....and there might be some out there....I haven't had the pleasure of finding any for that price.

Between 7.62x39 and .22, I go back and forth on plinking at the range with both for now, I save the other stuff for when I want to get serious on target shooting or for a rainy day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT