ADVERTISEMENT

Former Twitter Legal Chief Admits Extended Lock Down On New York Post Was A Mistake

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

The former Twitter legal chief responsible for censoring a news story about President Biden's son on the platform ahead of the 2020 presidential election told Congress Wednesday that the extended lock on The New York Post's account over the report was a mistake "in hindsight."

In other words, she had no idea Musk would buy Twitter and expose their collusion with government to influence the election.

The former Twitter legal chief responsible for censoring a news story about President Biden's son on the platform ahead of the 2020 presidential election told Congress Wednesday that the extended lock on The New York Post's account over the report was a mistake "in hindsight."

In other words, she had no idea Musk would buy Twitter and expose their collusion with government to influence the election.
How many hours was the NYPost link embargoed?

Wow the revisionist history propaganda didn't take long to reach Portland. I just heard that lame excuse uttered yesterday. The New York Post was banned from Twitter for a couple of weeks, not hours.
Do I need to simplify the question for you?

How many hours was the NYPost link embargoed?

Anything more than zero seconds was inappropriate.
I think it was warranted to evaluate if the story was legit/if the materials were the result of hacking, etc given its potential impact. It took something like 48 hours? I have no beef with a suggestion that it should have taken about half that.

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha Woke
I think it was warranted to evaluate if the story was legit/if the materials were the result of hacking, etc given its potential impact. It took something like 48 hours? I have no beef with a suggestion that it should have taken about half that.
I might be inclined to share your view if twitter had treated the Hillary campaign fabricated Russian collusion stories the same way...

TWTR was/is a shit show. I don't think that has ever really been debatable.

Sure, but they've also been a shit show with a very specific political lean which isn't really debatable either. It's clear that that political lean resulted in what has been revealed about twitter's handling of the Hunter laptop story thus far.

Sure, but they've also been a shit show with a very specific political lean which isn't really debatable either. It's clear that that political lean resulted in what has been revealed about twitter's handling of the Hunter laptop story thus far.
Does the data support the belief that Twitter leaned/leans left?

pnas.2025334119fig01.jpg

I might be inclined to share your view if twitter had treated the Hillary campaign fabricated Russian collusion stories the same way...
I could not disagree with this any more than I do. When the FBI or any govvernment agency showed up at Twitter's door with "suggestions" of things Twitter should censor - even if for one second - the appropriate response should have been to tell them to get the hell out and don't ever come back.

I could not disagree with this any more than I do. When the FBI or any govvernment agency showed up at Twitter's door with "suggestions" of things Twitter should censor - even if for one second - the appropriate response should have been to tell them to get the hell out and don't ever come back.
I'm talking about twitter, not the government.

Does the political donation mix matter vs. the algorithm?

What was/is the Twitter algo optimized for? My take - monetizable engagement. What better way to drive engagement than pushing buttons? That is my thesis at least.
Sure, but that doesn't answer my question.

You do realize that a lot of internal twitter discussion has been made public, correct?

With the numbers of ex-FBI, CIA, DNI, NSA people employed at Twitter, it defies logic to believe nobody at Twitter consulted with their former colleagues.

Sure, but that doesn't answer my question.

You do realize that a lot of internal twitter discussion has been made public, correct?
Is it your position that political donations matter more than what content the algorithm promoted? Interesting take if so.

Funny.

What was election interference is now patience/thoroughness.
Of course. The data doesn't lie even if the spin frequently does.

The data lies all the time.

Just depends on the story the person pulling the data wants to tell.

Is it your position that political donations matter more than what content the algorithm promoted? Interesting take if so.
The algorithm didn't censor the Hunter Biden laptop story for the benefit of a presidential campaign.

Is your position that the political leanings of folks that worked at twitter had no impact on their work and actions during their employment at twitter? Once again, I'm pretty sure you're aware that internal discussions and communication have been made public, right?

The algorithm didn't censor the Hunter Biden laptop story for the benefit of a presidential campaign.

Is your position that the political leanings of folks that worked at twitter had no impact on their work and actions during their employment at twitter? Once again, I'm pretty sure you're aware that internal discussions and communication have been made public, right?
Two different things - you said Twitter leaned left. The data doesn't support the general case that Twitter leans left. Can we agree on that or do you still want to argue that the researchers skewed/misanalyzed the data?

In the specific case of the HB laptop, are we arguing about the 48 hours it took Twitter to reverse the embargo of the story on their platform? Do you think those 48 hours are significant in any meaningful way? As a reminder, this was at least 3 weeks before the election.

Two different things - you said Twitter leaned left. The data doesn't support the general case that Twitter leans left. Can we agree on that or do you still want to argue that the researchers skewed/misanalyzed the data?

In the specific case of the HB laptop, are we arguing about the 48 hours it took Twitter to reverse the embargo of the story on their platform? Do you think those 48 hours are significant in any meaningful way? As a reminder, this was at least 3 weeks before the election.
Hunter's laptop is much greater..

You tell us? Did libs pulling the story then having 50 “intelligence officials“ lie along with blanket denials effect your bubbles opinion?

Since I have to navigate your bubble daily I know the answer, but I’d like to see you try and spin it.

You tell us? Did libs pulling the story then having 50 “intelligence officials“ lie along with blanket denials effect your bubbles opinion?

Since I have to navigate your bubble daily I know the answer, but I’d like to see you try and spin it.
I think we all know hunter's protected for the sake of our president obviously. 👍

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner2000
Things posted on twitter and twitter employees are definitely two different things. The paper you posted was about algorithms and content amplification, not any effects that political bias may have had on decisions made by twitter employees.
Honestly, I don't know if it was significant or not. I do know the effects of twitter's actions didn't magically cease after 48 hours. The obviously false chant from our esteemed former "intelligence" folks that "the HB laptop is classic Russian disinformation" began after twitter removed the story on October 14. The "intelligence" folks' letter was dated October 19. Do you honestly think the significance of that was zero?

And to preempt a possible question you might ask, no, I don't think Trump would have won had twitter not removed the story.

The scrambling by twitter folks to actually come up with a reason to deplatform the story AFTER doing it speaks for itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT