ADVERTISEMENT

Floats killing bystanders in Orleans...

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
looks like 2 fatalities in New Orleans due to being hit by a float. Seems odd but it happens. Wasn't there someone, I think a younger person, run over by some kind of float in Edmond a couple years ago? Rumors are that this 2nd death in NOLA happened because he was pushed by someone else trying to get the beads thrown from the float. Unfortunately, that sounds possible. Mardi Gras...probably not a good time to be in NOLA. The woman who was killed Wednesday looks like she was trying to get across the street and went between the tandum trailer and tripped over the hitch connecting the 2.

looks like 2 fatalities in New Orleans due to being hit by a float. Seems odd but it happens. Wasn't there someone, I think a younger person, run over by some kind of float in Edmond a couple years ago? Rumors are that this 2nd death in NOLA happened because he was pushed by someone else trying to get the beads thrown from the float. Unfortunately, that sounds possible. Mardi Gras...probably not a good time to be in NOLA. The woman who was killed Wednesday looks like she was trying to get across the street and went between the tandum trailer and tripped over the hitch connecting the 2.
I think the Edmond person sat behind me in the end zone at the football games. His son is who fell off float and was ran over

I can't imagine a more horrible accident. I remember reading about it. Freak accidents.

I know people that live in the New Orleans area that shut everything down and leave town during Mardi Gras.

all the locals...and I'm almost including the whole state, know to stay away.

Mardi Gras is a perfect time to go to New Orleans if you know where to go. Going near Bourbon, etc. is a mistake. Wife and kids are in Nola right now, I got to stay home with the flu.

Idiots trying to pass between tandem floats is what's getting them killed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT