ADVERTISEMENT

Fishing Lone Chimney Lake

GreenEggPoke

Redshirt
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
I've inherited a boat and Lone Chimney always looked like it would hold good bass. Any experiences or recommendations?

GEP

Agreed, that lake peaked in the 80's and hasn't been back that I know of. Whole thing looks killer but it is a skunk waiting to happen. Seems some tens came out of there in the mid 90's but fish as a whole were rare.

I fished it hard a couple of times, got skunked and never went back as well. Talk to locals, that is your best bet.

Since it has been a while since I fished it I went online in search of some recent news. Seems the lake has rebounded somewhat after it was nearly drained a few years ago. ODWC stocked it with Florida strained bass and the fishing has picked up ever since .

I would say it is worth a try based upon what I was reading. Let us know if you do.

BTW, I would fish Pawnee Lake before I would Lone Chimney. It is red hot right now with nice bass.

Good info, thanks. Had some customers in to the dealership this weekend that are from the area and they all said it has fish but is very very low. My wife is from Pawnee and I've fished Pawnee lake...never thought of it as a hot spot...lol.

Headed to the lower bounds of Table Rock this weekend...staying at Holiday Island. Love that clear water so I can't decide whether to fish it or scuba...lol.

Have not fished it this year, but like everyone else has said, been skunked several times and I've also caught a lot of fish. Old road beds seem to be my best places. There's a bridge about 25 ft deep and if you can find it, drop a crawdad jig down there and hang on.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT