ADVERTISEMENT

Firefox v. Chrome

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
So, I just purchased a new laptop. I migrated over from IE to Firefox years ago and have used it ever since. Never tried Chrome.

I have had some past problems with Firefox, having to do with audio/video programs crashing and with popup issues. When I have done research, I have found that those types of issues were common enough that other firefox users have posted on forums looking for fixes.

I am considering migrating away from FF, but not sure if I want to go to the trouble of re-entering all of my bookmarks, etc.

Thoughts?

Chrome is pretty amazing, for me at least. I migrated over as a huge Firefox fan and at the time chrome was simple, clean, and not very featureful but fast. Now it's robust and complex and has so many integrations and features to make life easier I can't imagine not using it, especially for what I do.

You should be able to import all your bookmarks, favorites, history, etc. etc.

You can sync browsing from install to install or device to device so you can pick right up on your laptop where you left off on your phone.

I'd say just give it a chance and see.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The only two browsers worth considering at this time are Chrome and Safari.

So, I just purchased a new laptop. I migrated over from IE to Firefox years ago and have used it ever since. Never tried Chrome.

I have had some past problems with Firefox, having to do with audio/video programs crashing and with popup issues. When I have done research, I have found that those types of issues were common enough that other firefox users have posted on forums looking for fixes.

I am considering migrating away from FF, but not sure if I want to go to the trouble of re-entering all of my bookmarks, etc.

Thoughts?

I was a really big FireFox guy and tried Chrome when it first came out and went back. Then about 6 or so years ago I gave it another try and have been using it since. I love that all my settings, add on's and saved pw's are connect to each browser I log into.

BUT lately it has been a resource hog, and I wonder if it's starting to get bloated and taking up to much resources.

You'll be fine with Chrome with a new machine, it's just sad to see it go from lean and mean to become the fat chick that eats all your fries during the date.

Reactions: shortbus
You're the only person I have heard/read endorse Safari. Why would you suggest Safari over FF?
We get it. You really, really hate all things Apple.

Safari has a list of features that are valuable to me. Mostly the "shared links" feature that allows me to view all of my social media without leaving my browser window for another.

Also, I have to switch between every browser to check our websites. I can't afford to sit in one all of the time.

Chrome is the best for checking development though. By a country mile.

Safari has a list of features that are valuable to me. Mostly the "shared links" feature that allows me to view all of my social media without leaving my browser window for another.

Also, I have to switch between every browser to check our websites. I can't afford to sit in one all of the time.

P.S. if you work for any of the companies involved, you are legally required to disclose that information with every post.

I was being honest, everyone I know that has a Mac uses Chrome or FF as their browser. That's why I asked why you prefer it over the others. Thanks for jumping to conclusions and being an ass.

P.S. if you work for any of the companies involved, you are legally required to disclose that information with every post.

Nope, work for a Midsteam company, and own an android phone, apple ipad, and windows computers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT