ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari transferring?

Or maybe he hadn't heard yet about some of the things posted in this thread. I hadn't. Not everyone that is critical of the program is a troll.

And he's right about the RTC. Alex left 2 years ago and since then we've had zero post grad resident athletes. Zero. I can't think of another top 20 program that doesn't have a single RTC athlete.

So I guess Haas our new 197 lbs has been looking huge for a reason. Or do we drop Surber down and official go hard after Jim Mullen

Jesus, must we? I don’t give a shit about some petty college rivalry given this scenario. A girl was allegedly sexually assaulted. How about, if the allegations are true, this guy is an absolute piece of shit and should never be allowed to see the mat again?
If the allegations are true then no other wrestling program should take this guy. It would be really disappointing if someone like Michigan or Rutgers picked him up especially with what had gone on in the Big 10 in the past.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
He is likely going to be charged with sexual assault. OSU had no choice and it’s unlikely he wrestles in college again.

In the protective order, the woman said AJ Ferrari sexually assaulted her in her apartment. "I tried shoving him off of me and it didn't work. ... I asked him to stop over and over."

On the flo link on Facebook there are screenshots of messages he has sent to girls on campus. Personally I am relieved that I don’t have to try to defend his antics to people in Ohio anymore. Glad Smith made the move, we have a pretty nice list of wrestlers who he has disciplined but who was the last to be kicked off completely?

Or maybe he hadn't heard yet about some of the things posted in this thread. I hadn't. Not everyone that is critical of the program is a troll.

And he's right about the RTC. Alex left 2 years ago and since then we've had zero post grad resident athletes. Zero. I can't think of another top 20 program that doesn't have a single RTC athlete.
It’s fine to be critical but to say he was transferring because of John and the RTC is a lie. Willie on Rokfin mentioned this a month ago before his latest incident . He was already suspended for conduct. The part we’re he mentions other kids leaving is just him wishing that and trolling.

On the flo link on Facebook there are screenshots of messages he has sent to girls on campus. Personally I am relieved that I don’t have to try to defend his antics to people in Ohio anymore. Glad Smith made the move, we have a pretty nice list of wrestlers who he has disciplined but who was the last to be kicked off completely?
Can you please post a link to this?

We obviously now have ship money available. Need to bring in a high level transfer. We need to contend for a ship this season.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I’m sure Shrum and Weiberg had as much to do with the dismissal as Smith.

Last edited:
It’s fine to be critical but to say he was transferring because of John and the RTC is a lie. Willie on Rokfin mentioned this a month ago before his latest incident . He was already suspended for conduct. The part we’re he mentions other kids leaving is just him wishing that and trolling.
Could just as easily have been a mistake because he was unaware of the allegations. I was.

As far as transfers, hopefully you're right and there aren't any. We already lost Montalvo.

Iowa.

Pat Lugo has been with the HWC the past 2 years. And they just added Marinelli, Eierman, DeSanto & Young.

Pat Lugo has been with the HWC the past 2 years. And they just added Marinelli, Eierman, DeSanto & Young.

Neat. Pat Lugo. CWC has Noel Torres. Pretty much a wash there. Except Noel Torres is on his country's national team and will compete at world's.

Last edited:
We also have the reigning world silver medalist at a weight but I guess that doesn't count somehow? Hawkeye Wrestling Club hasn't had a world or Olympic medalist since 2017.

Reactions: colcord
Neat. Pat Lugo. CWC has Noel Torres. Pretty much a wash there. Except Noel Torres is on his country's national team and will compete at world's.

We also have the reigning world silver medalist at a weight but I guess that doesn't count somehow? Hawkeye Wrestling Club hasn't had a world or Olympic medalist since 2017.
Torres is on the Mexican team. And he's relatively new to freestyle, about 3 years experience I believe. And he hasn't been doing freestyle full-time at OSU since Alex left 2 years ago - he was the volunteer assistant coach at Newman in 2021. And while Torres is probably a good guy, you're kidding about him being on Lugo's level, right? This was his match in February at The Bout At The Ballpark.

And of course Daton doesn't count - I'm talking about post grad resident athletes. That's the whole point of RTCs - to provide wrestlers with the opportunity to train with more senior level wrestlers. HS guys train with college guys. College guys train with post grads. The CWC website lists no post grads.

Torres is on the Mexican team. And he's relatively new to freestyle, about 3 years experience I believe. And he hasn't been doing freestyle full-time at OSU since Alex left 2 years ago - he was the volunteer assistant coach at Newman in 2021. And while Torres is probably a good guy, you're kidding about him being on Lugo's level, right? This was his match in February at The Bout At The Ballpark.

And of course Daton doesn't count - I'm talking about post grad resident athletes. That's the whole point of RTCs - to provide wrestlers with the opportunity to train with more senior level wrestlers. HS guys train with college guys. College guys train with post grads. The CWC website lists no post grads.

I've yet to see Lugo do anything on the freestyle circuit. Hell that goes for all of those Iowa guys that you just mentioned. Marinelli backed out of the only match he's been offered. DeSanto? Young? The only guy in that group that might amount to something is Eierman...

The RTC is to help fund wrestlers on their journey to win Olympic and World medals, regardless of their age.

Torres is a resident athlete at the RTC. There are also three members of the French national team, along with several others from around the world that are spending significant time in Stillwater to train with our coaches and athletes. CWC isn't funding them, but they are there. And once this freestyle season ends, you'll see some guys that are trying to make Team USA join the club. Then in three-four years you'll have Daton, Plott, Carter Young, Victor Voinovich all competing for spots on world teams... and staying in Stillwater because of the fundraising that is taking place now.

BTW, have you joined the CWC yet?

I've yet to see Lugo do anything on the freestyle circuit. Hell that goes for all of those Iowa guys that you just mentioned. Marinelli backed out of the only match he's been offered. DeSanto? Young? The only guy in that group that might amount to something is Eierman...

The RTC is to help fund wrestlers on their journey to win Olympic and World medals, regardless of their age.

Torres is a resident athlete at the RTC. There are also three members of the French national team, along with several others from around the world that are spending significant time in Stillwater to train with our coaches and athletes. CWC isn't funding them, but they are there. And once this freestyle season ends, you'll see some guys that are trying to make Team USA join the club. Then in three-four years you'll have Daton, Plott, Carter Young, Victor Voinovich all competing for spots on world teams... and staying in Stillwater because of the fundraising that is taking place now.

I would say it’s improving and you point out some valuable movements being made.

But, as a recruiting aspect it’s still almost non-existent. HS/young talent don’t recognize anybody on the French team and probably confuse Torres for Keilan(sp.)

Also, I’m not a member of CWC and won’t be until I can get some assurances that I want be dumped on when I want to buy tickets to NCAAs.

• Haha
Reactions: tim73034
I would say it’s improving and you point out some valuable movements being made.

But, as a recruiting aspect it’s still almost non-existent. HS/young talent don’t recognize anybody on the French team and probably confuse Torres for Keilan(sp.)

Also, I’m not a member of CWC and won’t be until I can get some assurances that I want be dumped on when I want to buy tickets to NCAAs.

Well if it's non-existent for us then it's also non-existent for Iowa. I don't think recruits are really that concerned about it, considering those that I've interviewed have never brought it up as a factor at all.

CWC has nothing to do with NCAA tickets. Did something happen? I'm happy to see if I connect you with the person at OSU that manages that... But a lot of ticketing stuff for NCAAs falls to the venue...

Reactions: tim73034

I guess I don’t understand the connection between CWC (or any RTC) and NCAA tournament tickets. What is the deal here?

Well if it's non-existent for us then it's also non-existent for Iowa. I don't think recruits are really that concerned about it, considering those that I've interviewed have never brought it up as a factor at all.

CWC has nothing to do with NCAA tickets. Did something happen? I'm happy to see if I connect you with the person at OSU that manages that... But a lot of ticketing stuff for NCAAs falls to the venue...
Recruits know the guys with Iowa’s RTC, so I would argue that. Our high-profile guys are not in our room other than Fix.

Hopefully, there are guys that become big names that stay in our room. That will help tremendously!

CWC does have much to do with fans and their experience involving Cowboy Wrestling.

And yes, something has happened. The last time I was in OKC I bought tickets for myself, my wife another couple and two other people that I wanted to introduce to the sport and give them an awesome experience. After being told we had great seats, it turned out we were seated next to the maintenance crew that services the ceiling vents and the competition floor looked like an ant farm.

I tried to plan taking my wife twice after that and could never get tickets bought. OSU failed to answer the phone or couldn’t explain where my seats were going to be. I’ve quit trying...

So, forgive me if I’m not moving at breakneck speed to give away money for nothing. As a fan, if it’s tied to the program, it’s all in the bag.

Recruits know the guys with Iowa’s RTC, so I would argue that. Our high-profile guys are not in our room other than Fix.

Hopefully, there are guys that become big names that stay in our room. That will help tremendously!

CWC does have much to do with fans and their experience involving Cowboy Wrestling.

And yes, something has happened. The last time I was in OKC I bought tickets for myself, my wife another couple and two other people that I wanted to introduce to the sport and give them an awesome experience. After being told we had great seats, it turned out we were seated next to the maintenance crew that services the ceiling vents and the competition floor looked like an ant farm.

I tried to plan taking my wife twice after that and could never get tickets bought. OSU failed to answer the phone or couldn’t explain where my seats were going to be. I’ve quit trying...

So, forgive me if I’m not moving at breakneck speed to give away money for nothing. As a fan, if it’s tied to the program, it’s all in the bag.

I completely get your frustration, but I’m not sure how much influence OSU has with NCAA ticketing at the tournament. Sure, they likely have access to a handful of good seats but I would imagine that those seats are reserved for the very top of the donor base, and they have to really prioritize who they are going to give access to those. The rest of the tickets are likely a crapshoot. And that is the same for all schools.

Reactions: Cowguy and hlstone
I completely get your frustration, but I’m not sure how much influence OSU has with NCAA ticketing at the tournament. Sure, they likely have access to a handful of good seats but I would imagine that those seats are reserved for the very top of the donor base, and they have to really prioritize who they are going to give access to those. The rest of the tickets are likely a crapshoot. And that is the same for all schools.
chase you're not getting oberebo tickets so suck it up.

I can't believe A.J. posted himself lifting on Facebook yesterday as if none of this was happening

I guess I don’t understand the connection between CWC (or any RTC) and NCAA tournament tickets. What is the deal here?
Donating to a program in any way when you can’t enjoy what you feel your contributions assist.

I understand that, and I agree with it.

However, what are those donor levels/amounts? Why can’t the ticket office tell me that? Why can’t they tell me where seats are? Why can’t they answer the phone?

Maybe I’m alone here, but my experience trying to get tickets is on par with a call center in India.

This has been going on for a few weeks. The people who know them personally know exactly why also. It’s a very bad sign for OSU and future recruits. They aren’t the only ones looking to leave and yes RTC and training styles and not adapting to a championship level are a major issue in the room.
What's the connection between the RTC and being a menace to co-eds?

Obviously, the girl is the victim here but as I said previously AJ has his right in court and he is innocent until proven guilty. As of this moment the girl deserves the sympathy but we need to see how this plays out and if the investigation brings charges. Speaking only about the fact he is gone from OSU I am glad but I do reserve the right to view all the facts in court before convicting him. I would say it takes a lot of courage for the girl to bring charges but until her story is vindicated in court I will keep an open mind on his guilt. Attorney for AJ, Derek Chance says the charges are false. If he is tried and found innocent than he should be allowed to wrestle again, thankfully, not for us.

I bet there plenty of other incidents that have been covered up. May not be but odds are there are several. They can get another T shirt that says Way to go AJ rather than Way to go Brandon.

Reactions: birdman1117

You're missing the point.

- Lugo is better than Torres in freestyle, look up their results. But the real value of RTCs for colleges is in folkstyle anyway. And we all know folkstyle practices are happening. Lugo was the #1 seed and favorite to win NCAAs @ 149 in 2020. His value in training with the Iowa lower & middle weights far exceeds Torres's value in training with OSU's upper weights. Look at Alex's impact on Michigan this year. 157-184 all AA'd.

- RTCs are designed to promote the international styles at all age levels, true. But people donate $ to fund the post grads. It attracts top recruits knowing they will have elite training partners. And those recruits know they will one day get the opportunity to be paid themselves as they chase their Olympic dreams.

- If Torres is a resident athlete then he should be listed on the website. BTW, listing college guys is ridiculous. Hopefully we don't start listing the Stillwater HS guys next. And hosting a few French visitors and others is nice, but it pales in comparison with what other colleges are doing. Some schools are hosting entire national teams for college duals on Rokfin. Maybe one day we'll wake up and start a Rokfin channel of our own.

- You asked about joining the CWC. Here's a story...3 years ago I attempted to contact the wrestling office inquiring about how I could donate to the RTC. Left 2 voicemails - and got no reply. Someone suggested I try emailing Holder. Holder replied within 2 hours. He directed me to someone from the wrestling office and cc'd them. I emailed that person directly and asked for the address and also if there was a way to donate to the RTC online, with the idea of recurring payments. They said they would get back to me - and then never did.

Maybe things are changing. Hopefully they are. But at this point, I don't plan to join the CWC until I hear John state that he fully supports the RTC model - and that he will be adding post grad athletes and coaches. Posts on message boards just don't cut it for me.

I understand that, and I agree with it.

However, what are those donor levels/amounts? Why can’t the ticket office tell me that? Why can’t they tell me where seats are? Why can’t they answer the phone?

Maybe I’m alone here, but my experience trying to get tickets is on par with a call center in India.

I don’t think they can tell you what that level is because it’s a moving target and there is huge amount of unpredictability associated with an NCAA controlled ticketing process. OSU literally has zero control over any of it, and they make zero money from it so it’s not a super high priority.

There is no excuse for not answering the phone, or returning a phone call assuming you left a message. Zero.

Again, getting tickets for an NCAA event through OSU is a crapshoot. You’re relying on a third party who is working with limited information. Could it be better? Probably. But at the end of the day you have to take into account that they don’t really control anything and can only work with what they are given…both from and informational standpoint and actual ticket standpoint.

Reactions: Cowguy
- You asked about joining the CWC. Here's a story...3 years ago I attempted to contact the wrestling office inquiring about how I could donate to the RTC. Left 2 voicemails - and got no reply. Someone suggested I try emailing Holder. Holder replied within 2 hours. He directed me to someone from the wrestling office and cc'd them. I emailed that person directly and asked for the address and also if there was a way to donate to the RTC online, with the idea of recurring payments. They said they would get back to me - and then never did.

Maybe things are changing. Hopefully they are. But at this point, I don't plan to join the CWC until I hear John state that he fully supports the RTC model - and that he will be adding post grad athletes and coaches. Posts on message boards just don't cut it for me.
It's easy to join and set up a recurring donation. Took me about 5 minutes. Worst case scenario they don't embrace it over the next couple of years and I'm out a few bucks - about what it would cost me to fly to Stillwater for a dual.

Reactions: OAMC99
@tcpoke

It’s my understanding they receive an allotment and the rest is definitely a crapshoot.

The half dozen tournaments I’ve attended showed us with a huge section of great seats. All I really want to know is how I secure a few of those seats?

Im not spending the money to attend to sit with the pigeons. Plus, if I do ever get to go back, I owe a certain couple tons of meals, drinks and whatever else they want. They paid for me to attend 4 tournaments and I had no clue of how grateful I should’ve been until I paid my own way.

Obviously, the girl is the victim here but as I said previously AJ has his right in court and he is innocent until proven guilty. As of this moment the girl deserves the sympathy but we need to see how this plays out and if the investigation brings charges. Speaking only about the fact he is gone from OSU I am glad but I do reserve the right to view all the facts in court before convicting him. I would say it takes a lot of courage for the girl to bring charges but until her story is vindicated in court I will keep an open mind on his guilt. Attorney for AJ, Derek Chance says the charges are false. If he is tried and found innocent than he should be allowed to wrestle again, thankfully, not for us.

Reality is, rapists often go free even when guilty because it's challenging to get hard evidence of something that happened between two people in private and attorneys are really good at the "you can't prove it so you can't find them guilty, how dare you ruin this promising young man's future" bit.

I'd love to believe it isn't true. I don't think he'd have been dismissed from OSU outright if it was a single baseless accusation though. And even if he isn't found guilty in court, it'll be hard to accept that he isn't guilty in real life considering the mountain of evidence showing that he's been really pretty creepy and predatory towards women lately.

Reality is, rapists often go free even when guilty because it's challenging to get hard evidence of something that happened between two people in private and attorneys are really good at the "you can't prove it so you can't find them guilty, how dare you ruin this promising young man's future" bit.

I'd love to believe it isn't true. I don't think he'd have been dismissed from OSU outright if it was a single baseless accusation though. And even if he isn't found guilty in court, it'll be hard to accept that he isn't guilty in real life considering the mountain of evidence showing that he's been really pretty creepy and predatory towards women lately.

He had already been suspended from the team before the event in question took place. This was simply the straw that led to the suspension becoming a full blown dismissal…which very likely may have happened without this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT