ADVERTISEMENT

Expensive cake...

davidallen

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2006
Portland, OR
"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

Though the Oregon Equality Act of 2007 includes an exemption for religious organizations and schools, it does not permit private business owners to deny service and discriminate against potential customers, BOLI said.

They received death threats from the gay mafia. That should tell you all you to need to know about how the LGBT crowd operates. Bunch of fascists. And $135,000 for "emotional stress"? What a frigging joke.

If you choose to do biz in Oregon you choose to follow the laws duly passed by the state or you pay the inevitable fines.

Generally agree with Mega that the market fixes these problems more effectively than legislation. First I have heard of death threats and I have followed this one as it is a local story.

Not sure how you defend a blatant disregard for the law though.... Given these guys are still in business I wonder how they handle the inevitable rainbow cake orders that come streaming in...

So, these people get fined for not making a cake that was requested. Wal-Mart refuses to make a battle flag cake, and nothing happens? Can't just have it one way...

Some one needs to order a confederate flag in Oregon and be refused for the two to be comparable.

So, these people get fined for not making a cake that was requested. Wal-Mart refuses to make a battle flag cake, and nothing happens? Can't just have it one way...

Apparently they'll bake you an ISIS cake though. 'Murica!!!!!

Blatant disregard for the law....kind a like sanctuary cities? See where a 5 time deported felon illegal Mexican scumbag killed a young lady in SF. ICE wasn't notified, as they requested, when the scumbag was released from custody in SF and people worry about why someone should or shouldn't make a f'in cake for people they disagree with on religious grounds. Unbelievable!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT