ADVERTISEMENT

Educational Suicide

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

But I'm going to bet the students are experts in racism, sexual perversions, social justice, climate change and will all be loyal Democrat voters with many if not most sucking on the government teat as adults.
Our education system is in bad shape. I have a tenured professor that lives next to me. I asked him about all the online school and testing. He said they know the kids are looking up answers and as long as the get it right no big deal. I have 2 girls in school and I have seen them “cheat”. When I was in school crib sheets would get you suspended.

Our education system is in bad shape. I have a tenured professor that lives next to me. I asked him about all the online school and testing. He said they know the kids are looking up answers and as long as the get it right no big deal. I have 2 girls in school and I have seen them “cheat”. When I was in school crib sheets would get you suspended.
I spent 12 years in 47 states trying to get educators and bank employees to teach me to count US currency. Few were able. There was a time when our failing public education system taught the structure and history of the US dollar.

I used a set of questions from a 5th grade test I took and passed at Lawton Taft Elementary. Virtually no one I quizzed could pass the test, including educators.

I spent 12 years in 47 states trying to get educators and bank employees to teach me to count US currency. Few were able. There was a time when our failing public education system taught the structure and history of the US dollar.

I used a set of questions from a 5th grade test I took and passed at Lawton Taft Elementary. Virtually no one I quizzed could pass the test, including educators.
Public education is nothing more than a tool of indoctrination for our federal government. I'm all for vouchers.

Public education is nothing more than a tool of indoctrination for our federal government. I'm all for vouchers.
Worthy of 100 likes. Gov. began takeover of our public education in 1965.

The Russian rubel became the world's first decimal currency in 1704 with 100 kopeks to the rubel. Dollar first decimal/metric currency in 1792. Medic007 gets it. Maybe Medic007 can get through to Dave. Medic007 might have explained how Morgan Freeman feels about Black History Month.

Worthy of 100 likes. Gov. began takeover of our public education in 1965.

The Russian rubel became the world's first decimal currency in 1704 with 100 kopeks to the rubel. Dollar first decimal/metric currency in 1792. Medic007 gets it. Maybe Medic007 can get through to Dave. Medic007 might have explained how Morgan Freeman feels about Black History Month.
Morgans nothing but an actor. Like most that love free money. Actors. Dimms.

Last edited:

It’s a joke. The college professors are so lazy or tied to the book companies they don’t even change their questions from year to year. You can Google every question and it is on quizlet or chegg. Sometimes the numbers change, but it’s almost all on the internet word for word.

It’s a joke. The college professors are so lazy or tied to the book companies they don’t even change their questions from year to year. You can Google every question and it is on quizlet or chegg. Sometimes the numbers change, but it’s almost all on the internet word for word.
Yes, you can, for sure. They do not retain the information. I typed that as I had just had to write a check to the bursar's office.

Last edited:
RNC grandson's older OU grad brother taught his finance prof the sructure and history of the US buck. Even though the OU prof was irritated, the OU prof passed grandson. Grandson took 5 years to earn a degree in finance at OU. His sister took four years for her OU degree. RNC grandson took four years to earn a degree in political sciene at TCU. Daughter is thrilled. TCU ain't cheap. Out of state tuition ain't cheap at OU. Daughter wrote checks for 4 kids. She wanted all to attend Texas Tech for best rates. Fourth kid graduated Tarleton State. TS cost peanuts.

Our younger daughter graduated Tech after 2 years at McClennan Community College. We got off easy.

But I'm going to bet the students are experts in racism, sexual perversions, social justice, climate change and will all be loyal Democrat voters with many if not most sucking on the government teat as adults.
you should see what the Republicans did to Oklahoma's education system. We were like 17th - 24th depending on who you believe before they got the legislature. All these years later, 23're 48th and sucking hind tit in economic development. #RedState

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
LOL yeah, tell us some ideas from [checks notes] Perkins schools.

Blows my mind that people from such abysmal educational cultures have aaaaaall the answers about college education. Did you get a degree?

you should see what the Republicans did to Oklahoma's education system. We were like 17th - 24th depending on who you believe before they got the legislature. All these years later, 23're 48th and sucking hind tit in economic development. #RedState
Almost like the leadership of education nationwide has an agenda that is not about educating kids. Maybe we shouldn't make it a Democrat vs Republican thing and look at more from a perspective of what works and doesn't work. in education. Obviously what is going on right now doesn't work for much of anyone.

Almost like the leadership of education nationwide has an agenda that is not about educating kids. Maybe we shouldn't make it a Democrat vs Republican thing and look at more from a perspective of what works and doesn't work. in education. Obviously what is going on right now doesn't work for much of anyone.
Oh, that's ALWAYS been my perspective. The perspective of the GOP has been to change it all and go from top half to #48. It's not rocket science -- fund education. Get good teachers. They're too tight to pay taxes and fund schools. They value ignorance and superstition over knowledge.

Oh, that's ALWAYS been my perspective. The perspective of the GOP has been to change it all and go from top half to #48. It's not rocket science -- fund education. Get good teachers. They're too tight to pay taxes and fund schools. They value ignorance and superstition over knowledge.
Throwing more money at a failing system in the hopes the results improve is not in anyway a solution to the problem. It's always the same with Democrats, throw good money after bad and when that fails throw more money at it. SMFH
I would also like to point out there is only so much money out there as shown by the fact the federal government is 33 trillion in debt, with most states in debt up to their eyeballs and taxes at rates people already think are to high. Maybe it's time to prioritize what is important and demand improving results for our spending.

Oklahoma's costly, miserable and failing public education system matches right up with Connecticut, Oregon and California. I spent 12 years interviewing educators in all three. I tried to get an educator in 47 states to name one US Supreme Court Justice. Less than 20% could. Over 99% could not teach me to count US currency. Since primates have walked the earth, how much of our water supply have we exhausted? The most common answer? A bunch!

95% could tell me to whom Brad Pitt was married.

LOL yeah, tell us some ideas from [checks notes] Perkins schools.

Blows my mind that people from such abysmal educational cultures have aaaaaall the answers about college education. Did you get a degree?

We are well above 0% but otherwise great point

Throwing more money at a failing system in the hopes the results improve is not in anyway a solution to the problem. It's always the same with Democrats, throw good money after bad and when that fails throw more money at it. SMFH
I would also like to point out there is only so much money out there as shown by the fact the federal government is 33 trillion in debt, with most states in debt up to their eyeballs and taxes at rates people already think are to high. Maybe it's time to prioritize what is important and demand improving results for our spending.
Lol it wasn't failing until your party got hold of it! Facts are your enemy, aren't they? You just repeat talking points regardless of context.

Simply put, the problem with public schools is that the teachers are afraid of the students instead of the students being afraid of the teachers.
Well, after a generation of republican leadership, here we are. It wasn't that way before the Oklahoma GOP fvcked it all up.

Wow, if that is your true belief you are a big part of the problem.
The decline of Oklahoma education isn't a mirage. It didn't happen when democrats took over. It happened when your party took over, and it's collapsed.

Lol it wasn't failing until your party got hold of it! Facts are your enemy, aren't they? You just repeat talking points regardless of context.
how old are you? I am truly curious. I just do not understand your views. My experiences have formed my opinion. What about you? This is a honest question and not a gotcha question from me.

The decline of Oklahoma education isn't a mirage. It didn't happen when democrats took over. It happened when your party took over, and it's collapsed.
In case you haven't noticed public education around the country has collapsed in the same time frame. You think Republicans caused that or could it possibly be something else?

Let’s have a small history lesson, when do you think Republicans rushed in and took over Oklahoma? I’m probably not as old as you but im pretty sure the same voters that were Dems just started voting Republican when the coastal leftists started taking over your party. The brainless Oklahomans that followed pelosi and the squad over the extreme left cliff because of an emotional tie to the D are the ones that changed.

Last edited:

Just so we’re straight.

Education is failing in Ok and everywhere else because of a political party and not societal change?

Just so we’re straight.

Education is failing in Ok and everywhere else because of a political party and not societal change?
Just so we we're straight: our educational standing fell in comparison to the rest of the country. You're moving the goalposts. No-helmet is, too.
Whari went to Perkins schools, he can't help it so e1 leave him alone.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Just so we we're straight: our educational standing fell in comparison to the rest of the country. You're moving the goalposts. No-helmet is, too.
Whari went to Perkins schools, he can't help it so e1 leave him alone.

Divorce rates changed more also.

In the 1920's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1930's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1940's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1950's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1960's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1970's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 1980's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; in the 1990's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 2000's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 2010's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country; In the 2020's Oklahoma was said to have the worst education in the country.

Yea... must be the Republicans fault. Especially since 1907 we have had only 4 Superintendents that were republicans. Or it could just be that Oklahoma has not prioritized education the way other states have? Or have we? Currently the state's budget for education is 50% of the state's budget, compared to California's which is 40%, or New York which is 30%. Just based on that Oklahomans have been increasing their commitment to education. Yet we continue to throw more and money at a problem with results that we are told to be less than satisfactory, but we have been told that since the state has been paying for education. The first part of education is having people who go through the system want the education provided. While the curriculum is fine in Oklahoma, the amount of people who want the curriculum is low. Most high school students are disinterested and want to learn about technical jobs or take classes that will help them with employment when they graduate. Universities do the same thing, and they are not run be republicans. So, by the time you are finished with a BS degree you have learned absolutely nothing about the job you wish to pursue. New ideas are needed, by both sides, and a willingness to get creative. Which is why I keep asking why we keep trying the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

For the first time in my lifetime we have a Superintendent at least willing to try something new. You on the other are stuck on the same old, same old: Cry foul, and ask for money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2012Bearcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT