ADVERTISEMENT

Eat your Wheaties

He made history. She is advancing humanity.

What's on your plate?

I don't give a damn either way, I'm just sick of the ridiculously out of whack media coverage it's getting. Can we cover real news for a change? I swear our country has lost so much common sense perspective when ISIS is on page 3 and Jenner is front page news for a week straight.

He made history. She is advancing humanity.

What's on your plate?

Found homes, food and work for at least 100 immigrants.

Helped a malnourished child that didn't have the strength to walk on her own grow to full health and gave her a home.

Taken numerous trips to drought ridden areas in Africa and worked with those who had the technology to drill wells that saved the lives of at least 20 starving villages.

Started a daily soup kitchen in the KC area to feed the homeless.

I can go on, but don't really have the time.

But I didn't parade my mental illness and weird behavior around in a public circus for the world to see. So I suppose I've not quite reached the level of humanity of Jenner. Poor guy needs therapy not enablers that fuel his neurotic behavior.

Reactions: CrazyChuckCarbo
Found homes, food and work for at least 100 immigrants.

Helped a malnourished child that didn't have the strength to walk on her own grow to full health and gave her a home.

Taken numerous trips to drought ridden areas in Africa and worked with those who had the technology to drill wells that saved the lives of at least 20 starving villages.

Started a daily soup kitchen in the KC area to feed the homeless.

I can go on, but don't really have the time.

But I didn't parade my mental illness and weird behavior around in a public circus for the world to see. So I suppose I've not quite reached the level of humanity of Jenner. Poor guy needs therapy not enablers that fuel his neurotic behavior.
Good for you, you're still are a fart in the wind in comparison to Jenners past, present and future impact on humanity.

You really think you know what's best for this chick?

"There is more to being a woman than “feminized” facial features and frilly underwear. Bruce Jenner in drag is not beautiful. Women are beautiful because they are women. Womanhood is itself beautiful. Women bring something distinct and special to the world. They fill a void and play a role that no man can.
A woman is a woman not merely because of whatever cosmetic feature a man might vaguely emulate. A woman is a woman because of her biology, which Bruce does not share and never will. A woman is a woman because of her capacity to create life and harbor it in her body until birth, which Bruce cannot do. A woman is a woman because of her soul, her mind, her perspective, her experiences, and her unique way of thinking, of loving, and of being — all things Bruce can only mimic.
A woman is a woman. She has earned that title. She pays for that title. She suffers with that title and gives life with that title and lives from conception until death and beyond with that title. She is that title. She should not be told that it’s such a flimsy thing that a man with enough money can buy his way into it. It’s demeaning and reductive, and as a father and a husband and a son and a brother, I take exception to it. I can only imagine how women might feel if they were only allowed to be open about it.

And notice I said I “can only imagine,” because that’s all I can do. I cannot experience a woman’s thoughts or feelings due to the fact that I am not one.
Neither is Bruce."

I don't give two shits what he/she does, but how in the world is what Jenner doing advancing humanity?

Good for you, you're still are a fart in the wind in comparison to Jenners past, present and future impact on humanity.

You really think you know what's best for this chick?

So now not only are you the smartest person in the room, you're also the judge, jury, and executioner regarding real impact on humanity?

Perhaps if I did more (and there is a longer list) in a girdle and a pair of nylons it might move me up on your scale of doing meaningful, impactful things for humanity.

Or perhaps we're working from a different set of definitions: Jenner won a gold medal, had a short career as a B actor in a string of bad movies, was an afterthought on a mostly bad reality TV show, and now flaunts his weirdness for the world to see. If that's doing great things for the advancement of humanity, I want no part of it.

You keep trivializing what this person has accomplished.

He was the best athlete on the planet that inspired a nation.

Now he's a social pioneer.

What have you posted that wasn't judgement and every preachers CV?

The king has no clothes.

In reality most of the world is laughing at not only the absurdity of this circus, but also at those who try to say this is a courageous act with a straight face.

We make Rosa Parks blush.

I think Paula Poundstone would be offended by all of this social pioneer stuff. She blazed the trail many years ago.

I have no doubt that you would've been on the other side of the issue as Parks either, another conditioned response.

What do you call someone that leads a social movement?

Dude goes full potato and someone calls him social pioneer who is advancing humanity. Just another example of the failure of our society. I could care less if this wacko wants to don a bra but to call him anything less than nuts is ludicrous.

This is getting ridiculous.

You start a thread like this every f'n week.

Who's the troll?

How is what Jenner is doing advancing humanity? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just want a reasonable explanation..

In my mind, one who is advancing humanity is curing diseases, creating drought resistant crops, etc... Not tucking their wiener between their legs and donning a dress...

So, all he's doing is cross dressing?

If that's your point of view, no rational explanation would sway you.

It's interesting to see how worked up the same people get over anything that puts a man in a traditionally female role, whether as a "wife" or as a woman in general.

Not saying you guys are closet queens, but I'm not saying you're not. Injuty don't see in a world with as many ways people need help, why Bruce Jenner or whatever is so worthy of your negative opinion. Is he a free American? Did he hurt anyone else?

Now halving said that, What Bruce is doing isn't important. Nor is it this newsworthy. But it clearly is very interesting or you wouldn't be posting about it.

Reactions: CowboyJD
It's interesting to see how worked up the same people get over anything that puts a man in a traditionally female role, whether as a "wife" or as a woman in general.

Not saying you guys are closet queens, but I'm not saying you're not. Injuty don't see in a world with as many ways people need help, why Bruce Jenner or whatever is so worthy of your negative opinion. Is he a free American? Did he hurt anyone else?

Now halving said that, What Bruce is doing isn't important. Nor is it this newsworthy. But it clearly is very interesting or you wouldn't be posting about it.

That's the point. People have been doing this a long time. I haven't cared. It's going to happen. It will happen in the future.

But the trumpeting of a weird dude as advancing humanity and giving him "courage" awards and the overall media blitz and shouting down of detractors is too much.

All I want to know is how it is "advancing humanity". Just a simple question.

I'm genuinely happy for the guy. He deserves to be happy, he isn't hurting anyone, and it's really no one else's business what he does.

Am I happy that this is going to be shoved down my throat by the national media for countless days to come when there are more newsworthy items that should be covered?

No.

I think a lot of people are upset because it's another sign that Judeo-Christian values are losing in the culture war. I'm not Catholic although I was as a kid but Pope Francis is the only person I've seen reach the mainstream in recent years with a message of love and acceptance while holding to the truth. I think as a whole, and I include myself in this, Christians are terrible at this. Too much judgment and lording it over folks with anti gay laws and duck dynasty quotes. Jenner professes to be a Christian and all I've seen out of other Christians is condemnation and mockery. Something's not right there.

Educate yourself on the lives of people who identify this way.

You won't uncover anything that you'd wish on your worst enemy.

She's giving them a something positive.

Nobody itt has the balls to do what she did, shit most of you wouldn't show people the dumb crap you posted itt.

Nobody itt has the balls to do what she did, shit most of you wouldn't show people the dumb crap you posted itt.

I'll take the educated stand from the physicians at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (among the best in the world) who say the medical community is doing Jenner no favors. (BTW, the Johns Hopkins hospital that was among the first to perform gender reassignment surgeries has found that this isn't the answer.)

Their assertion is that Jenner is mentally unstable and enabling him is the worst thing to do in this case.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

Interesting reading for those who really want to educate themselves.

OMG I suddenly fear this isn't a troll.

I'll take the educated stand from the physicians at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (among the best in the world) who say the medical community is doing Jenner no favors. (BTW, the Johns Hopkins hospital that was among the first to perform gender reassignment surgeries has found that this isn't the answer.)

Their assertion is that Jenner is mentally unstable and enabling him is the worst thing to do in this case.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

Interesting reading for those who really want to educate themselves.
who's they, it's one guys opinion that happens to fold into your narrative. His view is by no means consensus.

It's not a troll.

I just don't hate shit just because it's different or because that what some knob tells me.
You realize the nuance here is that the backlash is primarily against the media portayal of this private event, and the overt money-grab on Jenner's part to parlay this private matter into a windfall?

I haven't seen or felt much personal, judgemental condemnation of Jenner his/herself if that's what you're trying to combat. And in any event, I don't sense that many of us love or hate anything at this point in our lives because someone else told us to.

Reactions: Onepokeovertheline

I bet I've gone out in public in high heels, makeup, spandex and long hair a lot more than she has.

Reactions: CowboyJD
"I’ll be told, especially by many conservatives, to leave this alone and find something more important to talk about. But millions and millions and millions of people — both in the media and outside of it — have said far more about this topic and demonstrated a much greater interest in it than I ever have, yet they’re never instructed to shut up and move on. While conservatives justify their miserable cowardice by insisting that it’s just an irrelevant sideshow and they’re simply too wrapped up in more serious matters to pay it any mind, you’ll notice that progressives treat “transgenderism” as one of the most important cultural frontiers.

Any time a transgender person uses the bathroom these days, progressives throw a parade like the the Allies just defeated Germany.

Bruce Jenner posing in women’s underpants was headline news across the country. The White House called it “brave” and “powerful.” The President of the United States of America, leader of the most powerful nation on Earth, came out publicly to hail Bruce’s “courage” for having fake breasts and waxed legs. It was the number one trending story on every social media platform. Bruce Jenner’s “female” alter ego got over a million Twitter followers in four hours.

Everyone is acting it like it’s a big deal. As long as they have the “correct” opinion, they’re allowed to.

And they’re right — it is a big deal.

This is a battle for reality, people. Get your heads in the game.

If progressives can wield the power to demolish and remake even the definition of “man” and “woman” in their ideological image, then they have achieved a total and irreversible cultural victory. They have reached into the universe and reshaped reality itself. They have become gods, or at least that’s the kind of power we give them. You can blab on and on about economics and foreign policy, but if we live in a country where confusion, perversion, and self-worship reign supreme, what’s the point? America will already be dead."

Reactions: Onepokeovertheline
You realize the nuance here is that the backlash is primarily against the media portayal of this private event, and the overt money-grab on Jenner's part to parlay this private matter into a windfall?

I haven't seen or felt much personal, judgemental condemnation of Jenner his/herself if that's what you're trying to combat. And in any event, I don't sense that many of us love or hate anything at this point in our lives because someone else told us to.
That wasn't what this was about. Read the op.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT