ADVERTISEMENT

Deer season

Popinski

Starter
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
OKC
This board is slow for this time of year. How have you guys been doing? I went several times this weekend, but things have slowed down a little at my place. Saw several small bucks and lots of does. The same thing happened last year. Early bow season we saw tons of deer, but during blackpowder things slowed down.

Seems there was a lot of blackpowder activity and they stopped moving some or went nocturnal... but not completely. They will pick right back up this week I think since things will be quiet for a while. I noted even on my gamecam I did see the bigger bucks after shooting started.

Shot one tonight and rut has begun in NC Okla. Lots of deer movement, chasin and scrapinhg.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Went out on Friday and Saturday morning. No Action... I saw a few does at a distance. I did find a big new scrape around one of my feeders that looked promising. I don't normally don't hunt the first 3 weeks of October hard. I don't like to pressure the deer in the early season. I don't usually see any big bucks until late October into November. The first 3 weeks of November are the best for me. I do hunt the 2nd half of the season.

This last Saturday, I saw one big atypical, thick bases with 8 pts on one side, but two long spikes on the other- he was an older deer, but he was stopped looking at me at 12 yards and I had no chance to move. My hunting buddy shot a smaller 9 point, about 18 inches wide...decent deer. I'm taking some time off during the week next week and hope to find them very active chasing does. Bucks are definitely moving now. If I score, I'll let you know.
wink.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT