ADVERTISEMENT

DC's Birds of Prey (2/7/2020)

I really like Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I might see it just for her.
ELXTmAnWoAEa48Q.jpg

I really wish this looked like it is going to be good movie, but it just doesn’t. Ugh, DCU just sucks.

JMO, but DC has made one solid movie (Shazam) and one not bad movie (W Woman). All of the others have been absolute trash.

It really makes me appreciate guys like Feige, Gunn, Waititi, Favreau, etc.

It seems like it shouldn't be a difficult as DC makes it look, but maybe it is, and the MCU guys are just really special.

I actually really liked WW until the end, got a little much. She was terribly misused in JL.
DCU vs MCU kind of reminds me of Microsoft vs Apple in the 2000s. DCU were too slow to the game and tried to play catch up ( iPod vs Zune, iPhone vs whatever phone) and it’s been sloppy. MCU was able to go slow and really build up characters.

JMO, but DC has made one solid movie (Shazam) and one not bad movie (W Woman). All of the others have been absolute trash.

It really makes me appreciate guys like Feige, Gunn, Waititi, Favreau, etc.

It seems like it shouldn't be a difficult as DC makes it look, but maybe it is, and the MCU guys are just really special.
Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam have all been solid.

The last bad movie was Justice League.

Birds of Prey looks bad. Really bad.

Whoever green lighted this movie should be fired.

Forgot Joker. Good movie. A bit too dark for my tastes (just tough to watch), but very well done, and probably should be considered to be the best of the DC movies. Of course, if they continue with Leto, over Phoenix, in the role as the Joker, then it becomes just a stand alone movie and not really part of the DCU.

Aquaman was pretty worthless, IMO. Certainly not a movie I would ever want to watch again.

Forgot Joker. Good movie. A bit too dark for my tastes (just tough to watch), but very well done, and probably should be considered to be the best of the DC movies. Of course, if they continue with Leto, over Phoenix, in the role as the Joker, then it becomes just a stand alone movie and not really part of the DCU.

Aquaman was pretty worthless, IMO. Certainly not a movie I would ever want to watch again.
Leto is done. He's gone to Marvel (Morbius).

Joker is dark enough I won’t be watching it.

I thought all the DCU movies mentioned - JL, Am, WW, Shazam - were mildly entertaining. I watched every one of them on transatlantic flights, so I guess my standards were admittedly pretty low. :)

Honestly, I thought Shazam was a bit awkward. I liked the idea of it a lot and there were some very good parts but at times, I just wasn’t feeling it. Which was a bummer, because I wanted to like it more.

Reactions: Been Jammin

I don’t really count JOKER bc it’s not part of the DCU. It’s a stand alone project. It was pretty good though bc of JPs performance. Story was just ok.

Every single DC movie just tries SO hard that you can feel their angst come out in the final product.

Affleck's Batman could have been something REALLY good IMO but he screwed that up (surprise, surprise).

WW I liked more than I thought I would but not as much as I wanted to. I really want to like WW84, which worries me.

AqM was decent but I don't think it will age well.

I liked SSq way more than most people.One of the few I would actually watch again. The birds movie seems like a movie just to make a movie, like they found a toon people actually like and they forced a movie out of it.

I think part of the reason most of us hate the DC movies (other than most of them suck, but more from our expectations) is that we grew up on 'sacred' versions of SM, BM, WW, JLA, both iconic actors and great cartoons. None of these match up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT