ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of thoughts on our current situation

Oldcoach68

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2016
We know something is up with Boone. He was totally gassed after only being in the game a few minutes. He raised his hand to come out two different times last night. Jammin is saying it is a mental thing, which it certainly could be, but he looked physically tired too.

The entire team looked tired to me. I know it is a very long and tough season, especially in league as physical as this one, but we didn't look tired at Tech. I hope they have more energy today, but it probably won't matter as Texas is a very tough matchup for us.

From what I saw, I think Harris is out. He hyperextended that knee and he tried to come back but had to walk off. I love the kid's heart and from all accounts he is a great teammate. He certainly isn't the same as before the two surgeries, but he at least gave us a few minutes. We are extremely thin at guard right now. If we do make the tourney, our starting guards are going to have to play a ton of minutes.

One last thing, I absolutely hate our offense right now. Dribble, dribble, dribble and pray we hit a contested shot. It really helped us when Boynton went to the 4 out offense and opened the court for AA to drive. Without him, we have nobody as quick, but I still feel like a more open floor is better than this mess we are doing. I saw a couple of times we ran Underwood's high post set, but it isn't the same if we don't have someone who can hit that shot at the key, and as has been stated many times, we set horrible screens so we don't get many openings.

I hope we make the tourney just to say we did, and with our defense we may very well give some people trouble, but we are so limited offensively (unless we have one of those rare nights when the ball goes in like it did at Tech) it will be hard for us to do much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News