ADVERTISEMENT

Corral Pheasant Hunt, Jan 8-9, Guymon, OK. It’s on!

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
It’s on. I want to get an idea of head count, but first let me give some idea of what to expect.

1. In general walkers need to be about 14 or older. I will allow younger hunters, but they’re going to spend most of their time blocking. I will try to line up some CRP ground in addition to our feedlots so the younger hunters and less physically able hunters can get a little time walking.

2. We’ll hunt all day Saturday and about half a day Sunday. Some folks may be able to hunt later than others on Sunday, but we’ll plan for about half a day.

3. We’ll have for a meal together Saturday night but if the group is very large, we’ll need to make arrangements pretty soon. There’s two main places we can go: Steakhouse or generic American food. Both have a bar.

4. I’ll set up lunch for Saturday. When I have an idea of head count, I’ll decide what we’re doing. Probably hamburgers if it’s a lot but I might do a brisket.

5. Dogs will be welcome. Dogs with good recall are even better. This isn’t quail. I don’t want a dog 200 yards ahead of us blowing up the birds. Retrievers are VERY welcome.

6. Even if we jump quail, they’re off limits.

7. Come in Thursday and we might arrange some long range rifle shooting, weather permitting. We also might find prairie dogs or quail.

8. Let me know if you think you could make it and how many you would tentatively bring. Also, if you have dogs you want to bring.

Thanks guys and gals. Let’s see if we can do a trial run this year on short notice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News