ADVERTISEMENT

CMP is out of field and service grade garands

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Dammit. And I was just about to send off for one!!!

Now they will all show the hell up on Gunbroker for 2 grand for a piece of crap.

M1 carbine? Fugetabboutit.

I have an M1 but it's kind of a shooter. Someone sanded the stock and tried to get cute and make it appear as it if was an "as issued" WW2 example. Even went so far as to try and cross out the import marks. It's a nice one now for a shooter since I obtained the correct parts for it (correct barrel band, safety and mag release). Which I don't really care, shooting an M1 carbine is an experience every gun guy should get to have. They are so easy to manipulate and a decent one will throw a nice group up to 100 yards.

But damn...I want so bad to hear that "PING" after unloading 8 rounds from a sweet old Garand. I even have like 6 old clips filled with 8 rounds of armor piercing Korean War vintage 30.06.

I wouldn't mind getting one with a newer CMP stock, I think those look great and I could shoot it without feeling like I was destroying an original WW2 rifle.

Someone on here posted a pic of a "sniper" set up Garand. Cherish that bastid, those are getting just about impossible to find without breaking the damn bank.

PING!!! Korean War era M1 Garand...i pleased as punch...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT