ADVERTISEMENT

Chili

BluegrassPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
Frisco, TX
I am convinced I make the best chili. It is Texas inspired and Cincinnati infused. I have won every chili completion I have entered.

Just remember if you include beans it is NOT chili.

giphy.gif

I went there one time because I posted a nude pic in a spoiler. That fagit @onesmad probably did it!

I hope this helps.
*Chile. Actually Santiago is great. Summer there right now. Suspect you may be going back after this post. onesmad's power is pervasive, even Fish can not reel him in. Ask Bluegrass.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassPoke
I am convinced I make the best chili. It is Texas inspired and Cincinnati infused. I have won every chili completion I have entered.

I’d need to hear more. Cincinnati chili was one of the worst “you’re here you have to try this” experiences I’ve ever had. I wanted to be polite, but it was trash.

cincinnati/midwest chili is just 3 bean beef soup. yuck

i have made my aunt jean's christmas texas chili for over 40 years.

2 tbsp oil with 2 large onions chopped and heated til clear/translucent
add 5 lbs of meat, whatever you can afford, brown the meat
add williams chili seasons for EIGHT lbs of meat
add williams texas/japeno seasons for TWO lbs of meat
add one large can of japeno flavored ranch beans
add 2 tbsp of salt
add tomato juice, but my aunt jean said texas chili should be thick enough for a wooden spoon to stand straight up and not leak out of a hot dog bun
simmer and cool over night in frig
reheat or nuke and serve over fritos and top with sharp cheddar

you can scrap off the grease or leave it to taste

you chili purests bitching about beans? get over yourselves. my chili disappears in a hurry, beans and all.

psycho wife took my chili to soup day at her school, we had to print the recipe and the other teachers licked the damn crock pot.

never had any left over and everybody wants the recipe.

What I have taken from Cincy chili is the way they cook the meat.

I also take pinto beans and put it in the blender then cook it. @brtinla would never know he had beans in his chili.

I use half beef, half sausage.

I like my chili with some heat.

As for tMB I will forever be in Chile.

What I have taken from Cincy chili is the way they cook the meat.

I also take pinto beans and put it in the blender then cook it. @brtinla would never know he had beans in his chili.

I use half beef, half sausage.

I like my chili with some heat.

As for tMB I will forever be in Chile.
That ain't a recipe.

Reactions: Onepokeovertheline
2lbs chuck tender roast cut into 1/4 cubes
6 Tbl chili powder
2tbl smoked paprika
4tsp Mexican oregano
2tbl cumin
1tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne (+ or - to your heat tolerance)
4 clove minced garlic
1 Med onion diced
8oz tomato sauce
1 large box beef stock
2 large boxes beef broth
2tbl Olive oil
1 pkg sazon goya (Mexican aisle at grocery)

Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven on stove
Brown meat in batches. Really get it caramelized. Remove from pot.

Add onion and cook until almost soft.

Add garlic and cook about 1 minute

Add meat back to the pot.

Add box of stock and as much broth as it takes to cover by around 2 inches.

Cook covered at a low boil for 1 hour.

Divide the spices in half for 2 “dumps”

At the one hour mark add your first dump and tomato sauce. cook covered for another hour and a half. Add broth as needed

After an hour and a half, add the second dump and your sazon. Remove lid and let it simmer 30 more minutes or more until the consistency is what you like. After about 15 minutes, taste for salt and add it if needed. I only use a tsp early on, because you never know how salty your particular brands of chili powder or broth are.

I often will hit it with a little more cumin right at the end, but remember it needs at least five minutes of cook time.

If you just have to have beans, do them with the last dump.

Enjoy

Reactions: orgnblk
2lbs chuck tender roast cut into 1/4 cubes
6 Tbl chili powder
2tbl smoked paprika
4tsp Mexican oregano
2tbl cumin
1tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne (+ or - to your heat tolerance)
4 clove minced garlic
1 Med onion diced
8oz tomato sauce
1 large box beef stock
2 large boxes beef broth
2tbl Olive oil
1 pkg sazon goya (Mexican aisle at grocery)

Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven on stove
Brown meat in batches. Really get it caramelized. Remove from pot.

Add onion and cook until almost soft.

Add garlic and cook about 1 minute

Add meat back to the pot.

Add box of stock and as much broth as it takes to cover by around 2 inches.

Cook covered at a low boil for 1 hour.

Divide the spices in half for 2 “dumps”

At the one hour mark add your first dump and tomato sauce. cook covered for another hour and a half. Add broth as needed

After an hour and a half, add the second dump and your sazon. Remove lid and let it simmer 30 more minutes or more until the consistency is what you like. After about 15 minutes, taste for salt and add it if needed. I only use a tsp early on, because you never know how salty your particular brands of chili powder or broth are.

I often will hit it with a little more cumin right at the end, but remember it needs at least five minutes of cook time.

If you just have to have beans, do them with the last dump.

Enjoy

I will have to try this. Sounds delicious.

Anyone have any good pork green chili recipes? I have really grown to like it a lot in recent years. We have zero family recipes so I'm flying blind for the most part.

My chili is easy and everyone loves it. I cheat, I use 2 alarm chili mix and customize it, it's got all the needed spices in the mix.

You need 2 lbs of meat, what ever kind you like, I use 50/50 beef/Italian sausage or all Italian sausage.

When I brown the meat I include diced white onion. Sometimes I had some bell pepper.

I add a strained can of Rotel, one can of diced tomatoes and a strained can of red kidney beans or chili beans.

Once it's cooked I think it tastes best if it sits in the refrigerator over night and then reheated but it tastes good regardless of when you eat it.

I serve with sides of sharp cheddar, sour cream and salsa with a choice of crackers or Fritos.

Last edited:
for me, 1/2 venison, 1/4 cubed round or equivilent, 1/4 Italian sausage (1 lb package). I make about 4 lbs at a time. Often freeze some and it's even better later.
No Beans for me in the Chili. I can add them later if I want, but they are just "filler" to me.

any good Bean recipes? I like beans.

Chili isn't complete without a slice of bread with peanut butter to dip in it. A friend of mine, from Ohio, that went to OSU got me hooked on it. I was doubtful at first but it is pretty darn good.

My chili is easy and everyone loves it. I cheat, I use 2 alarm chili mix and customize it, it's got all the needed spices in the mix.

You need 2 lbs of meat, what ever kind you like, I use 50/50 beef/Italian sausage or all Italian sausage.

When I brown the meat I include diced white onion. Sometimes I had some bell pepper.

I add a strained can of Rotel, one can of diced tomatoes and a strained can of red kidney beans or chili beans.

Once it's cooked I think it tastes best if it sits in the refrigerator over night and then reheated but it tastes good regardless of when you eat it.

I serve with sides of sharp cheddar, sour cream and salsa with a choice of crackers or Fritos.

This is exactly what I used to start tinkering with my chili. It is a good basis for a good chili. I have moved to using fresh ingredients and tinkering with the recipe as well.

Looks like there are some very good chili recipes on here. Have to give it up for Bluegrass for starting this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT