ADVERTISEMENT

Carpetbaggers

CowboyUp

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin Tx
Athas wishes Pamela Geller would not have chosen Garland for the American Freedom Defense Initiative event.

“Certainly in hindsight, we as a community would be better off if she hadn’t. It was an event not for Garlandites or Texans.

“Her actions put my police officers, my citizens and others at risk. Her program invited an incendiary reaction.

“She picked my community which does not support in any shape, passion or form, her ideology.

“But at the end of the day, we did our jobs. We protected her freedoms and her life.”--Garland Mayor Douglas Athas

garland1.jpg

Last edited:
A. Typical of your ilk to not blame the actual perps
B. I doubt the majority of Garlandites share the mayors feelings
C. Speaking of Carpetbaggers: Hillary Clinton

Most Texans agree with the mayor. They're not even Texans. They're outside opportunist agitators from other states coming in to stir up some shit and get some free worldwide pub....

Last edited:
CUP, you used to brag about no attempted terrorism on American soil under President Obama. You can no longer claim that. ISIS not only has taken possession of significant resources, it also claims to have a number of other agitators within the country. Is a disturbing trend about to unfold? Has it been unfolding? I wonder if the President's policies are affecting things like this. Is he failing at foreign policy?

Other than this happening under Obama's watch, what in the hell is newsworthy about what you posted? What made you, a grown man, need to rush to the computer to spread this news? Seriously, what's your point?

Looks like a failure of the Obama foreign policy.

On the domestic side, does the immigration policy make it easier or harder for acts of terrorism to occur on U.S. soil? What exactly is the the current immigration policy? Who does it serve? (Certainly not unskilled labor born in this country)

Something I'll keep an eye on. Again, these would seem to be net negatives springing from the root of President Obama's policies.

Forgive my third post in a row. I know you can and sympathize with me. Sometimes we don't get our full ideas out on the first go-round.

With the title of your thread, it appears your "attacking" someone, be it a person, a population, an ideology, something. What are you specifically attacking?

Is that liberal or Progressive of you? Do all ideas have a right to exist CUP? And as long as it's their fair share of the thought spectrum, shouldn't we all carve out a place where they can live in harmony?

And just as immigration policy would lend the "average" American or "average" Mexican to believe that there is no consequence to illegally entering Texas from Mexico (does illegal immigration exist anymore -- I don't know), then when you call someone a "Carpetbagger" are you choosing to criticize one transient population and not another?

What is the differentiator in that instance...ideology?

So, you ARE attacking an idea or principle, and using the person, the "carpetbagger," as the vehicle to attack that idea.

That doesn't sound liberal or Progressive at all. It sounds like your an intolerant, tyrannical bigot.

I'd also like you to share your reputable poll of "most Texans" agree with what (you didn't discern what exactly they agree with) the Mayor stated. Otherwise, you appear to be making stuff up.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Forgive my third post in a row. I know you can and sympathize with me. Sometimes we don't get our full ideas out on the first go-round.

With the title of your thread, it appears your "attacking" someone, be it a person, a population, an ideology, something. What are you specifically attacking?

Is that liberal or Progressive of you? Do all ideas have a right to exist CUP? And as long as it's their fair share of the thought spectrum, shouldn't we all carve out a place where they can live in harmony?

And just as immigration policy would lend the "average" American or "average" Mexican to believe that there is no consequence to illegally entering Texas from Mexico (does illegal immigration exist anymore -- I don't know), then when you call someone a "Carpetbagger" are you choosing to criticize one transient population and not another?

What is the differentiator in that instance...ideology?

So, you ARE attacking an idea or principle, and using the person, the "carpetbagger," as the vehicle to attack that idea.

That doesn't sound liberal or Progressive at all. It sounds like your an intolerant, tyrannical bigot.

I'd also like you to share your reputable poll of "most Texans" agree with what (you didn't discern what exactly they agree with) the Mayor stated. Otherwise, you appear to be making stuff up.

Dont go there boys....your pissin against the wind

Last GOP CIC--worst terror attack in US history--with 36 days advance warning.

Democrats keep us Safe

And no lying about WAR

Agitators at Garland = Trolls

What I find strange is that the mayor certainly didn't make these same statements when that exact building was used for a pro-muslim rally a few months prior. Nor has anyone said anything about anti-christian demonstrations and displays that have occurred around the US, other than its the 1st Amendment right to do such things (like the Cross in the Urine jar, or the Cross in the toilet that was applauded by the NYT a few years back). But I guess thats cause Christians (unlike certain other relious fanatics) don't come gunning for those who offend them.

Am I for "poking the bear"? No. But if you are gonna call someone out on it, then you are obligated to stand against all such actions, and not just those that don't fit the leftist mindset. Otherwsie you are a hypocrit.

Justin

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
CUP,

That is a really funny response on a number of levels.

But I don't want this getting lost in the weeds.

The problem:

The policies of President Obama (and other democratic leadership) seem to have laid the foundation that increase the risk to which the U.S. population is exposed.

THAT, is the on-going concern. THAT is pertinent; not some date in history or some person with NO ability to AFFECT CHANGE CURRENTLY ensuring the safety of Americans.

Again, the Obama policies seem to have laid the foundation for future risk.

Again,

You are citing history, which is pertinent in a number of other decisions, but it is NOT to be cited when questioning current SOP. Is SOP under President Obama helping, hurting, or what? What's the trend? What's the forecast?

And act like a grown up for crying out loud. "Boy?" Good one...you got me. Got me real good. You know, if you can articulate a legitimate case that there may be a developing trend (taking into consideration the context of ongoing foreign and immigration policy -- so as to not dodge an inconvenience to your case), like a reasonable adult, you may prove persuasive. But man, grow up.

We can address what appears to be your intolerance toward people who have a different opinion than you, or your lack of citation of "most Texans," at another time.

The fact that these two moron jihadists showed up to try and murder these people is proof that there needs to be more events specifically to condemn religious jihad. I've seen the cartoons from the contest and they were pretty darn good and very clever.

Megan Kelly got it right by saying the mere fact that the left is attacking the attendees and not the terrorists for causing this proves the murdering Islamist's are winning.

The two homegrown terrorists are now with osama bin laden in the bowels of hell.

Nobody but them died.

Obama been a coldblooded terror killer
Obama grade for defending the homeland and US against jihadists--A+

For Democrats WAR is last resort, kill terrorists with surgical strikes first.

That's what most Americans want and why BHO was elected and re-elected by north of 100 EV.

Hillary next CIC

Listening to the right wing criticize Obama for foreign policy is like listening to a mongoloid criticize Stephen Hawking's math -- kind of interesting, but not worthy of serious consideration.

Now, if Obama ignored intel before a terrorist attack, then lied to start a war, then invaded the wrong country, then declared victory and stayed in the morass for years, and then plowed the economy under, it's a different story. But he didn't --only the last republican president did.

If we listened to republicans we'd be in wars in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Iran and probably still Afghanistan and probably losing them all and bragging about all the ass we're kicking.

Edit: add "and gave up on finding OBL" -- another thread has the news article where Dumbya stated it was unimportant and disbanded the unit tasked with finding him.

Reactions: CowboyUp
Listening to the right wing criticize Obama for foreign policy is like listening to a mongoloid criticize Stephen Hawking's math -- kind of interesting, but not worthy of serious consideration.

Now, if Obama ignored intel before a terrorist attack, then lied to start a war, then invaded the wrong country, then declared victory and stayed in the morass for years, and then plowed the economy under, it's a different story. But he didn't --only the last republican president did.

If we listened to republicans we'd be in wars in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Iran and probably still Afghanistan and probably losing them all and bragging about all the ass we're kicking.

Edit: add "and gave up on finding OBL" -- another thread has the news article where Dumbya stated it was unimportant and disbanded the unit tasked with finding him.

Sys--can you imagine if 9/11 had happened on Al Gore or John Kerry's watch and then tried to lie us into war? Either would have been impeached (or lynched) and there would never be another Democrat in the White House for 1000 years...

Dumbya was warned about 9/11 in advance, but went golfing instead.

Then he gave up the hunt for ubl

Lest we forget last GOP CIC

Dumbya was warned about 9/11 in advance, but went golfing instead.

Then he gave up the hunt for ubl

Lest we forget last GOP CIC

Being told there was danger of an attack and being told specifics of when and where are two totally different things but you conflate the two when it comes to Bush because you have no rational thought when it comes to Bush and Obama. Unbridled hate for one and ridiculous man love for the other.

To say he gave up the hunt for OBL is absurd. Most of the intelligence and data that led to getting OBL was done during Bush's watch.

Last edited:
In the past week under President Obama's watch:

Terrorist attacks up on American soil.

Let's hope of the number of killers ISIS claims to have in the U.S., that we are able to intercept them all.

My question is, CUP and SYS, how many people have to die before you question any of the current Administration's policy? That's a real question. I don't want a reference to President Bush, a person with no power to affect current policy. I'd appreciate your addressing the present, and contextually, the very recent present (say, the last 2 months).

I ask because it's good to know, from a planning perspective, when to anticipate a threshold (in this case, of deaths) when you will articulate a position grounded in reality. If there are 0 deaths moving forward, good, and credit President Obama and the people who carry out his policies. But if even 1 dies because of choices to be lax on immigration and the handling of ISIS currently, is sufficient to make you wonder "is there a better way?"

If not 1, what is the threshold? And how do you come to that number? (There are answers you can provide that give you credibility, and there are answers you can provide that basically mean you're a despicable human being. So, let's try to talk about this potential issue with a straight face). The present, and those with the ability to influence it, starts now.....Go!

Sys, keepin it classy.

Ironically, that reminds me that I wanted to thank you for your successful attempt a few weeks back of not assigning "racism" or "racist" to someone before investigating their position.

You demonstrated something that day. Kudos to you.

Thanks, Brad. I also meant to congratulate you: you had a post the other day where you somehow didn't shit down both legs. Well done.

Lol.

Oh man, I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.

Well, yes I do.

Let's hope of the number of killers ISIS claims to have in the U.S., that we are able to intercept them all.

My question is, CUP and SYS, how many people have to die before you question any of the current Administration's policy? That's a real question. I don't want a reference to President Bush, a person with no power to affect current policy. I'd appreciate your addressing the present, and contextually, the very recent present (say, the last 2 months).

I ask because it's good to know, from a planning perspective, when to anticipate a threshold (in this case, of deaths) when you will articulate a position grounded in reality. If there are 0 deaths moving forward, good, and credit President Obama and the people who carry out his policies. But if even 1 dies because of choices to be lax on immigration and the handling of ISIS currently, is sufficient to make you wonder "is there a better way?"

If not 1, what is the threshold? And how do you come to that number? (There are answers you can provide that give you credibility, and there are answers you can provide that basically mean you're a despicable human being. So, let's try to talk about this potential issue with a straight face). The present, and those with the ability to influence it, starts now.....Go!

If the terrorism is due to the president's immigration policy, and or it is an ISIS fighter from the middle east (ISIS inspired doesn't count) then even one death is unacceptable. Terrorism in its totality is unpreventable in a free society and it has been a ever present threat since our foreign policy got us involve in the middle east (shout out to Thor), so a random terrorist act like 9/11 or OKC or the first WTC attack isn't an indication of anything since these things happen when you don't live in a police state.

At this point Police have killed more unarmed American's than ISIS, and if you read the Atlantic piece posted by MJD you would know that they don't particularly care to kill Americans in America. And terrorists don't need to sneak across the border, because it is not very fun and way less comfortable than making youtube videos to radicalize the millions of Muslims that already are living here legally.

Hey Cowboy UP: when are liberals going to quit fighting so hard to legalize gay marriage? It's only going to enflame Muslims and could likely lead to Jihadi violence.

Being told there was danger of an attack and being told specifics of when and where are two totally different things but you conflate the two when it comes to Bush because you have no rational thought when it comes to Bush and Obama. Unbridled hate for one and ridiculous man love for the other.

To say he gave up the hunt for OBL is absurd. Most of the intelligence and data that led to getting OBL was done during Bush's watch.

Riiiight..

you "people dont understand...i just dont spend that much time on it"

The question is either/or. Who you trust--party with 20 candidates all of whom with little or no foreign policy experience to speak of (did any of thtat clown show ever serve in the military?), whose twice elected leader allowed the 9/11 attacks and subsequently lied us into a war guaranteeing we would "be greeted as liberators"--OR the party whose leader vowed to kill osama bin dead and did, got us out of two wars created by his predecessor, with a 2016 nominee served as Secretary of State and supported the original Iraq war based on what she was told by lining CIC???. Isn't rocket science

Hey Cowboy UP: when are liberals going to quit fighting so hard to legalize gay marriage? It's only going to enflame Muslims and could likely lead to Jihadi violence.
We libs will never stop fighting for equality and civil rights. It's the right thing to do. The American people always come down on the side of equal rights for all. If jihadists want to inflict more terror Obama will kill em...

We libs will never stop fighting for equality and civil rights. It's the right thing to do. The American people always come down on the side of equal rights for all. If jihadists want to inflict more terror Obama will kill em...

But not the First Amendment?

Does his immigration policy make it an easier path for foreign terrorists to pose a risk to people within the borders of the United States?

Does the policy itself act as an enabler? Both current foreign or immigration?

Your recent responses are sensible enough. Glad Pilt is in the thread as well. I'll need to spend more time here later.

It's comical to see the libs taking credit for expert marksmanship by a municipal police officer.

Is there a connection to the number of failed/foiled terrorist acts and our government's ability to spy on private conversations/emails/text messages?

How do you feel about affirmative action? Is it equally applied to all?

Obama is a liar .....there's a reason only 15% of our military support this phony. Love him or hate him...GW Bush loves our military and they know it.

The two homegrown terrorists are now with osama bin laden in the bowels of hell.

Nobody but them died.

Obama been a coldblooded terror killer
Obama grade for defending the homeland and US against jihadists--A+

For Democrats WAR is last resort, kill terrorists with surgical strikes first.

That's what most Americans want and why BHO was elected and re-elected by north of 100 EV.

Hillary next CIC
120427121741-bts-2011-meyers-correspondents-dinner-00003605-story-top.jpg

bin laden < 24 hours with gray matter intercranial

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT