ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Marvel [March 8]

I suppose there’s a reason the cosmic end of Marvel’s brand was never as popular, outside of the IG.

I’m all in though. They’re like 17/20 so far in my book. I’ll keep expecting each of them to be good until they’re not.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I’ve seen Black Panther about a dozen times since it hit Netflix (Blane the 9 year old).

It’s better every time I see it.

Also rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time. Liked it a TON better on this side of CW and IW. Crazy how well it sets up Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnorak and IW. The first half of it is some very good plot building / character development for a super hero movie.

Ok, back to main thread.

I’ve seen Black Panther about a dozen times since it hit Netflix (Blane the 9 year old).

It’s better every time I see it.

Also rewatched Age of Ultron for the first time. Liked it a TON better on this side of CW and IW. Crazy how well it sets up Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnorak and IW. The first half of it is some very good plot building / character development for a super hero movie.

Ok, back to main thread.
Ok thank you!!!! Age of Ultron is criminally underrated IMO. The performance of James Spader is amazing.

So who's going to see it and give the OSI NSB review?

Not sure when I'll be able to make time to go... Depending on feedback I might wait for Blu-ray.

I will be lucky to break away from the kid so I don’t know if I use the break for this one or Infinity Wars in May.

Meet you out front

giphy.gif

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Wonder Woman and Aquaman we're both really good, according to box office figures.

I will give you WW. Haven't seen AM. Beyond those two, they have all been pretty weak IMO. Also, box office doesn't tell the whole story. Plenty of shitty movies have done well at the box office.

I will give you WW. Haven't seen AM. Beyond those two, they have all been pretty weak IMO. Also, box office doesn't tell the whole story. Plenty of shitty movies have done well at the box office.

Agree. Last good Marvel movie was Black Panther.

The last Avengers was a mess, but no one complained because we're all so invested in the story line.

Agree. Last good Marvel movie was Black Panther.

The last Avengers was a mess, but no one complained because we're all so invested in the story line.

I'm the opposite. I wasn't that impressed with Black Panther but enjoyed Infinity War.

Although most films I just go in hoping to enjoy what I see and forget about real life for a few hours.

Very low threshold to overcome. lol

I thought IW was fine. I will give a final opinion once the second part comes out as I view it as one movie really.

Also DC sucks balls!!! Wonder Women is the only good movie they have made. AC only like Aqua-Man because he finds him dreamy....

Reactions: Been Jammin
Aqua Man was surprisingly good. I like Batman vs Superman. I like the more dark movies. They screwed up by trying to copy Marvel and make Justice League Funny.

That's how Marvel built their brand. You leave the theater thinking, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."

Pretty much nailed this one. I liked it much better than I thought I would. I felt the same about the previews as others, too cartoonish and she just did not come across as a strong character. Neither was actually an issue in the movie. She was believable.

Reactions: KCMOrange
I enjoyed it but then again I am not all in on the Marvel comic books so I don't recognize issues the movies may present. Pure entertainment value was solid.

BTW - My best friend's son's scene fell to the cutting room floor. He is 13 or so and shot scenes with Jude Law to build some more Jude Law back story but they ended up cutting it.

See, this is the conundrum.....do I waste the $$$ to take the family to see this? Ugh.

It's worth seeing. Entertaining movie. I'd take it over Wonder Woman (even though Gadot is much hotter than Larson, IMO). Great action. Some humorous moments. Pretty cool how they made Nick Fury and Phil Coulson look so much younger.

She's going to be a huge part of Avengers Endgame. So, if you are looking forward to that one, you may as well see this one.

It's worth seeing. Entertaining movie. I'd take it over Wonder Woman (even though Gadot is much hotter than Larson, IMO). Great action. Some humorous moments. Pretty cool how they made Nick Fury and Phil Coulson look so much younger.

She's going to be a huge part of Avengers Endgame. So, if you are looking forward to that one, you may as well see this one.

Green Lantern was a better movie than this. If the GL movie had a connection to the next Avengers movie, people would have flocked to see it.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Ok you’ve lost it

No, you're just a sheep.

GL wasn't great, but it was better than Captain Marvel. CM didn't have a cohesive story and nothing was compelling about the main character.

The only reason I went to see Cap Marvel was because as a fan of the Marvel Universe, I wanted to see a connection to Avengers End Game, which I can't wait to see.

All I saw was a Mary Sue who can't do any wrong. The way it ended was ridiculous.

Finally saw Infinity War tonight. That movie sucked just as bad as anything I've ever seen. This whole franchise is shit. People are just too invested in it now to concede that.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT