ADVERTISEMENT

Boyds Gun Stocks

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
Anyone on here ever bought a stock from Boyds online? My dad has a Remington Mohawk 600 in .243 and the stock has seen better days. Boyds is about the only place I've found that sells them for that model.

Anyone on here ever bought a stock from Boyds online? My dad has a Remington Mohawk 600 in .243 and the stock has seen better days. Boyds is about the only place I've found that sells them for that model.
Got my Mohawk 600 in 243 41 years ago, used it for years, still have it and is a great gun. Will start my grandson and granddaughter out with it as their first deer rifle.

It's a great little gun. I shot my first whitetail with it, any many more after that.

I've bought a few from Boyd's. All have been very good. I had to do a little work on one to tighten the fit after bedding, but overall I've been very pleased. If I could figure out why I can't load pics I'd put some up.

I've bought a few from Boyd's. All have been very good. I had to do a little work on one to tighten the fit after bedding, but overall I've been very pleased. If I could figure out why I can't load pics I'd put some up.

Is it as simple as just putting the barreled action back in the new stock and putting the screws in, or is there a bunch of Larry Potterfield stuff that has to go on?

Is it as simple as just putting the barreled action back in the new stock and putting the screws in, or is there a bunch of Larry Potterfield stuff that has to go on?

99% of the time it's as simple as two screws.

Putting an aftermarket stock on your rifle can be as simple as dropping your barreled action into the new stock. Usually some trimming or sanding is necessary to achieve the best accuracy from your new combination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT