ADVERTISEMENT

Board question, just to see how divided we are...negotiating a position and a Bill

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
So, you are a first time time Rep or Dem as a Congressman, full of hope and energy.

The first issue is on the floor of the Senate and House is immigration.

What would you as a Rep be willing to gain in order to provide a legal pathway for illegal immigrants? How far would you be willing to go?

If you are Dem, what would you be willing to gain in order to finish the wall and increase border security including supporting ice? How far would you willing to go?

Or, are you just dug in and nothing to talk about? Either you win it all or we all gain nothing? Blame the other for being wrong and not wanting to fix the problem? Call each other names.

If as Board we are not able to negotiate a common bill, how do we expect our Congress to do it?

I will throw another question out to you. I for one believe not any one party should control the Presidency, Senate, and House at the same time. Why? Too much power usually leads to giving in to your very worst inclinations. Like it or not, we are also a country of various opinions. It is interesting to me in the history of the US, the stock market performs the best with control being split.

I know this, every political act of vengeance seems to always boomerang back on the initiating party. None of it good for the country.

Biden leading us towards unity? He will look serious when he speaks out against cancel culture and tells AOC political hit lists is the stuff of corrupt foreign countries. He could probably figure out a few more.

Thoughts?

Without sincere effort for compromise this political war is going to get worse by the day and year. Do you see any politicians capable of uniting the country?

It was not Obama, or Trump, and it is not Biden.

Could the Reps and Dems on this Board despite extreme hate for each other’s position actually put differences aside to create a Bill that Americans on both sides of an issue see a win/win?

Last edited:
I'll play. You have to secure the border 100% and define and enforce clear and definitive limits on how much legal immigration is authorized annually, and create strong punishments for those violating these new regulations. This is the foundation on which all negotiation has to be based upon or you can't define who the 'dreamers' that we are providing this 'pathway to citizenship are because every year you'll have more new 'dreamers' showing up.

As for whether a politician can bridge that gap, I doubt it. The extremes of both parties have too much control and there are frankly too few moderates on either side.

Reactions: OKSTATE1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT