ADVERTISEMENT

Black Panther [RT: 97%]

Great teaching point from the black Panther movie.

A movie about a man who steps up to protect his people by building a wall, and fighting against invaders who seek to corrupt his people, and plunder their wealth and technology.

Make Wakanda Great Again

Last edited:
Reactions: OSUIvan and driad
I'm and old fart and I went and saw it tonight in 3D. I loved it, even if it was a bit predictable in its ending. The special effects and the story line were super. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: tlwwake
Great teaching point from the black Panther movie.

A movie about a man who steps up to protect his people by building a wall, and fighting against invaders who seek to corrupt his people, and plunder their wealth and technology.

Make Wakanda Great Again

But in the end, tears down that wall and shares their wealth and technology with everyone for the good of humanity.

Maybe you didn’t stay for the end of the movie.:D

Spoiler Alert you Bastages. Not that I couldn't have seen that coming.

Really liked it. Really surprised I liked it better than Ragnarok. I had high hopes for Ragnarok and low hopes for this (until the reviews started coming out.)

Anyone going to see this weekend?

I might go again and I rarely see movies twice in theaters

Just saw Black Panther. Okay, I just don't get it. I thought that movie sucked ass.

Acting - horrible
Accents - laughable
Action Segments - uninspiring
Dialog - trite
Political Message - confused
Ethnocentrism - boorish

It was totally disjointed and painted Africa and Africans in a horrible light. I'd give that film a 35% rating.
The only good character in the entire film is the little sister playing the part of Q from James Bond.

Just saw Black Panther. Okay, I just don't get it. I thought that movie sucked ass.

Acting - horrible
Accents - laughable
Action Segments - uninspiring
Dialog - trite
Political Message - confused
Ethnocentrism - boorish

It was totally disjointed and painted Africa and Africans in a horrible light. I'd give that film a 35% rating.
The only good character in the entire film is the little sister playing the part of Q from James Bond.
You cheer for the Warriors you have no voice here. Lol

I loved it. This is definitely one of the top Marvel movies. I still think Winter Soldier and Ragnarok are better.

Just passed $1 billion in global box office

Kevin Feige confirmed Black Panther sequel in the works

I thought it was really good.

Just saw it finally.

No way it could possibly live up to the hype after waiting so long to see it, but I still really enjoyed it.

It’s in the top half of Marvel’s 17 (?) films. Maybe should get bonus for being the first with a lead that wasn’t a white man and solid female characters as well. One of the better Marvel villians at this point.

It’s as political as their other stuff, but in true Marvel fashion the story came first. I think the real political message for most of us is actually in the two more prominent white characters.

And I still have not seen this movie, guess I will wait until it comes out on Netflix or somewhere.

It's gotten to the point that you can't trust RT aggregate scores because many of them reflect the SJW bent of the journalism majors that write them.

The best way to judge these things these days is audience scores.

In the case of Black Panther, there is no way the movie should be regarded as better in score than movies that have won Oscars or classics line Goodfellas etc.

It was a pretty good popcorn flick and I was glad that I saw it.

RT movie reviewers gave it a 97%, which is ridiculous.

RT movie audience scores had it at 79%, which might be a little low, but is just about right.

On the other hand, the most recent Star Wars movie received a 91% aggregate movie reviewer score. But it was a horrible movie, and the audiences scored at a very accurate 44%.

Always go with what the audience is saying about a movie.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
It's gotten to the point that you can't trust RT aggregate scores because many of them reflect the SJW bent of the journalism majors that write them.

In the case of Black Panther, there is no way the movie should be regarded as better in score than movies that have won Oscars or classics line Goodfellas etc.

RT movie audience scores had it at 79%, which might be a little low, but is just about right.
I agree that the RT is no longer as reliable. I think it's 80-85% in my opinion.

Reactions: AC_Exotic

I only pay attention to audience scores on RT. As you say, the critics might be SJW. Even if that does not factor into their approval rating, they might up their voting because the movie had "spectacular cinematography" or "amazing symbolism". Things like that are nice, but shouldn't make up for poor writing or bad acting, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT