ADVERTISEMENT

Black Panther [RT: 97%]

WW was damn good but I'm about done with the insane barrage of endless superhero movies (many of which suck).

Just had to say that, sorry to rain on the parade. Carry on.

Reactions: Rulz
WW was damn good but I'm about done with the insane barrage of endless superhero movies (many of which suck).

Just had to say that, sorry to rain on the parade. Carry on.
There's a TON of literature. They haven't even scratched the surface.

I don't mind it at all. I knew this day would come when I was a kid picturing how graphics processing would catch up and make it possible.

Stick to the good stories, and I'll keep giving them my money.

I never was a huge fan of the comic book version, but the trailers look fantastic.

Early reviews/feedback have been really positive. Says it's the most political Marvel movie to date... so yea.

Tomatoes score comes out today... I'm guessing something in the 90s. Everyone is really high on it.

Reactions: Been Jammin
giphy.gif

Give the rest of us poor schmoes your review after you leave the theater.
Will do! I'm a bit skeptical in all honesty... the best thing about superhero movies and Marvel more specifically is that they don't alienate anyone... they stay away from politics.

I'm hoping Black Panther doesn't delve too much into politics which would obviously put off a segment of its target audience. The few people i've spoken with past few weeks have the same concern.

I'll give an honest review afterwards for sure!

Pretty good super hero flick.

Not as great as it's hyped to be. Kind of slow and seemed to drag at points.

I assume some of the overwhelmingly positive reviews were out of a sense of obligation.

No way it should have a 99% rating on RT. No super hero movie is that good. Some where in the low 80s would be about right -- which is pretty good, not great.

Last edited:
@AC2017 Going tonight. Cautiously optimistic.

Big fan saw it last night too and said the symbolism was somewhat overt and in your face, so a little disappointed about that. Marvel has been known to be very inclusive and make it about the characters rather than politics, identity, etc.. but still excited.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
@AC2017 Marvel has been known to be very inclusive and make it about the characters rather than politics, identity, etc.. but still excited.

Maybe with the movies they've made so far but Marvel has always been known for tackling politics, diversity and identity in their comics. If you ever go back and read Jack Kirby/Stan Lee stuff (which all the movies are based on) they are real political. Comics like X-Men, Black Panther and Captain America have been political from day one.

Maybe with the movies they've made so far but Marvel has always been known for tackling politics, diversity and identity in their comics. If you ever go back and read Jack Kirby/Stan Lee stuff (which all the movies are based on) they are real political. Comics like X-Men, Black Panther and Captain America have been political from day one.
Oh no... I just meant the MCU up to this point. It hasn't been overt.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I loved it. I realize scores are subjective... I was skeptical going in. I don’t think it’s 97% worthy but it’s every bit of 90-92% in my own opinion. Beautifully shot film.

Completely engaged in the story.

Thought they handled ‘politics’ and black empowerment really, really well.

Some of the best character development and villain(s) in all of the MCU.

Just really impressed. Even more excited to see Infinity War now.

Last edited:
I loved it. I realize scores are subjective... I was skeptical going on. I don’t think it’s 97% worthy but it’s every bit of 90-92% in my own opinion. Beautifully shot film.

Completely engaged in the story.

Thought they handled ‘politics’ and black empowerment really, really well.

Some of the best character development and villain(s) in all of the MCU.

Just really impressed. Even more excited to see Infinity War now.

2 post-movie credit scenes, I assume?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT