ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond Belief – Calling out OSU Alumni / fans

Raykoons

2nd Team
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2009
It is beyond comprehension that the upcoming game between two undefeated four-win teams is not sold out. I just looked at the number of available tickets and am in shock that so many sections have over 100 tickets available. What is wrong with our fan base?

I understand Covid and the concerns as my wife has stage 4 COPD and would not survive Covid. As a result, last season I wore three layers of masking including a handkerchief as a matter of safety. I moved away from other fans last year. I washed my hands frequently. This year, I am wearing an N-95 mask to keep from getting / passing Covid to my dear wife.

I see restaurants packed with patrons without masking and retail stores where only the staff are wearing masks. So, let’s get real and ask ourselves if Covid is the reason for so many empty seats at games. I have seen lack of seats in seats blamed on early start times, opponents who are supposedly non-competitive, bad weather (too hot),and inability to score. These are not reasons, they are excuses.

It cannot be due to too many losses since our team is undefeated. It cannot be charged off to an unworthy opponent since we will be playing another undefeated team that just knocked off the 14th ranked team when they played last week. Then, what is it? Apathy?

One of my favorite memories is the home game against Baylor and the highly regarded RG3 and the way our Cowboys played to a decided victory in front of a rowdy packed stadium. I remember an early play where RG3 was wide open to the East endzone when the turf monster reached up and tackled him. Baylor never scored on that drive.

I am calling out OSU faithful – come support your team! We have a game on a beautiful fall afternoon at 6:00 p.m. in a fantastic stadium where you don’t have to do without food or your beer of choice. Our players are working hard to win and the very least we can do is support them with our presence and cheers. If you are not planning on attending, I am challenging you to call or go on line now and buy a ticket to support our Cowboys!

Go Pokes –

Thanks guys, for letting me get that off my chest.

Prove me wrong and pack the Boone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News