ADVERTISEMENT

Been wandering through the desert.

On Tulsa Time

Heisman Winner
Nov 3, 2006
And I have to admit I think Steve Lekson has it right, out traditional understanding of Pueblo peoples is flawed.

I think the most perplexing piece is how they could trade in Mesoamerica but not with the Mississippian Tribes.

And I have to admit I think Steve Lekson has it right, out traditional understanding of Pueblo peoples is flawed.

I think the most perplexing piece is how they could trade in Mesoamerica but not with the Mississippian Tribes.

What trade are you referring to specifically? Maize likely slowly reached the Pueblo people by a slow sequence of local trade, rather than direct contact with Mesoamerica.

What trade are you referring to specifically? Maize likely slowly reached the Pueblo people by a slow sequence of local trade, rather than direct contact with Mesoamerica.
Probably, there also two distinct eras of Maize trade. But it is interesting that chocolate and Macaw feathers are found in Chaco and Puebloan architecture is found in Northern reaches of Mesoamerica but there doesn’t appear to be that same trade with the Mississippians.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT