ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Also, that ref was really really terrible.
I’ve seen several comments on the ref being terrible. I didn’t notice anything that egregious. Other than not double DQ’ing HWTs for no shots at all.

I’ve seen several comments on the ref being terrible. I didn’t notice anything that egregious. Other than not double DQ’ing HWTs for no shots at all.
Very slow to start back count. Neither ref seemed to know the new out-of-bounds rule. Agree on the Heavy stalling. No real shots in 9+ minutes could elicited a few double stalls.

Reactions: skylinepoke
-Prata is a sleeper. Dude is pretty good.
-Surprised Daton didn't get a pin call. Also surprised he got taken down. Was that the first time he's been taken down this season?
-CARTER. Dude is turning into a dude. Fast, aggressive, relenteless, funky. He seems to have caught up in strength to the weight class and figured out some better leverage/angles because he's just having way more success.
-VV seemed to get stuck in wrestling Mitch Moore's match. Mitch took zero shots and just hung on the head. How is this not a stall call. Glad to see VV get the win. When/if he jumps a level he is going to be a real problem for his opponents.
-Gfeller, would've been great to have that be a pin but at least he got to go out of GIA with a signature turn. That's pretty awesome. Glad he got that win and has been able to have a solid, focused season.
-Wyatt, dangit.
-Wittlake plodded his way to a win. Keegan Moore is dangerous but seems to be perpetually out of breath no matter what weight class he's in or what team he's on. Keegan's defense or bad breath or something prevented Wittlake from taking hardly any shots, not good considering how much success Wittlake has been having on his feet the last several matches.
-Plott is still kind of in his head, it seems. Got the win but it does look like he's distracted or overthinking or something.
-Picklo looks like the real deal - like VV, if/when Picklo jumps a level he is going to be a real force. Picklo is slick and funky and looks like Gumby out there. Wish he'd come here! :)
-Surber reminds me of Mark Branch back in the day - lanky, funky, stronger than you think, killer scrambling ability, great stamina. Good win here.
-Doucet as mentioned above is giving me Ben Lee vibes. His matches seem to be about survival. Double stalls to these guys.

Also, props to Hardell Moore. He's getting so good at commentary. This dual was one of the best commentated duals I've ever watched. He's excited, knowledgeable, really good at explaining what the wrestlers are doing, has good timing, it was a real pleasure to listen to him last night.

He was slow, not up to D1 speed, late starting swipes for back and seemed to think he couldn't look for a pin till he did the swipes. No way this guy is at NCAA tournament.

Reactions: DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT