TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
149 G wins by major dec
157 Manibog loses by dec
165 Harper loses by dec
174 Plott wins by dec
184 Geer just got upset so that’s fantastic.

Reactions: bwel9339
149 G wins by major dec
157 Manibog loses by dec
165 Harper loses by dec
174 Plott wins by dec
184 Geer just got upset so that’s fantastic.
What a start to this dual, and Geer had to win and he wrestled weak and poorly and got beat badly in an upset. Surber is going to have to win. Stika needs to keep it to losing by decision. Fix and Young should win but Mastro is going to have to get a win also. Our coaches should be embarrassed about this last month of coaching and preparing the team.

What is our wrestling room like these days? We don’t seem to have any backups that can challenge our starters. Our starters don’t seem to reach their potential. Once those backups get an opportunity most don’t look like they deserve to be wrestling for OSU. Also, why are we recruiting from states that are not traditionally strong like TX, KS and LA? I know we have 3 starters hurt here but really frustrating.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
What is our wrestling room like these days? We don’t seem to have any backups that can challenge our starters. Our starters don’t seem to reach their potential. Once those backups get an opportunity most don’t look like they deserve to be wrestling for OSU. Also, why are we recruiting from states that are not traditionally strong like TX, KS and LA? I know we have 3 starters hurt here but really frustrating.
Agree.no depth

What a start to this dual, and Geer had to win and he wrestled weak and poorly and got beat badly in an upset. Surber is going to have to win. Stika needs to keep it to losing by decision. Fix and Young should win but Mastro is going to have to get a win also. Our coaches should be embarrassed about this last month of coaching and preparing the team.
Surber came thru in the clutch with the win at HWT. Big win.

Geer has always struggled with strong guys. I think Keegan Moore had a 1 point match with Keckeisen. Luke looks like he’s figuring things out.

It'll come down to 141, and you guys have a huge advantage over us.

Even with two of your starters out, you guys beat us. I'd argue that JT and Sheets would be a toss-up as each has defeated the other, but Wittlake versus Grello would be an OSU win.

Can't watch the match and couldn't be there in person. Kind of disappointed McDougal didn't show better against Kaden. I really think he's going to be good. He's had a motor all year except for today apparently.

Reactions: TheJimReaper

Even with two of your starters out, you guys beat us. I'd argue that JT and Sheets would be a toss-up as each has defeated the other, but Wittlake versus Grello would be an OSU win.

Can't watch the match and couldn't be there in person. Kind of disappointed McDougal didn't show better against Kaden. I really think he's going to be good. He's had a motor all year except for today apparently.
McDougal looked really quick. He did not want anything to do with G’s underhooks.

More like 4 starters but it is what it is, ugly end to dual season.

Reactions: birdman1117
More like 4 starters but it is what it is, ugly end to dual season.
I get AJ...hate that for the kid. So I know I was off by one for sure. I was just curious...what other starter are you talking about?

Thanks.

Young gets the major and pulls out the win for OSU. Probably not what most OSU fans were wanting (a match this close against OU), but is it a case of OSU wrestling very badly, or OU wrestlers wrestling better than they have all year?

Not at the dual, and couldn't watch on TV, so I'm really asking a legit question.

Thanks.

Young gets the major and pulls out the win for OSU. Probably not what most OSU fans were wanting (a match this close against OU), but is it a case of OSU wrestling very badly, or OU wrestlers wrestling better than they have all year?

Not at the dual, and couldn't watch on TV, so I'm really asking a legit question.
4 guys ineffective/out with injuries and Geer is not a good matchup against thick strong guys.

Gracias.

I asked earlier...who's the fourth guy? I get Sheets, Wittlake, and AJ. Are you including Mastrogiovanni as the fourth?

this is how these matches used to be...close. But it was because both teams were very good.

Reactions: MckinneyPoke

3 starters

Love how ou’s 33 pounder always goes backward on the whistle to edge of the mat when wrestling Fix. What a puss Micco.

Not sure what AJ’s injury is that requires surgery but he was running along the platform and jumping up and down pretty well during Carter’s match!

I noticed the teams didn’t exchange pleasantries after the match besides the coaches. I suppose they did want a repeat of what happened in norman.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Maybe Carter will find a way to lose and make it even more pitiful. Geez. The negativity is a little much sometimes.

This is, honestly, why I'm a bit heavy handed on the positivity. We need to flip the way we think about this team. What happened when Spencer Lee went down this season? Iowa fans started claiming that Drake Ayala is going to be a national champ and that they're still going to win a title.

And what happened? Rankers put Ayala in the top 8, and Iowa maintained that #2 spot. They aren't coming within 30 points of a national title this year. Penn State is going to cruise with it. But has that stopped them? No.

We need to adopt that and be positive about our program. Is everything perfect? Hell no. Has it been an awful month? Absolutely. The worst I can remember.

But the talent on this team, top-to-bottom, is there. They just need to get their minds right and get healthy.

I just got back from the match. My grandson loved it. He was disappointed with no AJ but he loved the excitement. He doesn't know Ou sucks & Osu didn't wrestle well at some weights, but he knows the Cowboys pulled it out. He ask when we can go again.

Last edited:
No kidding? John drops the ball again.
It’s possible that coach smith wanted to test Mastro’s injuries, specifically on bottom, to see how to address them in the next two weeks. He was also probably hoping mastro would ride the momentum from Surber’s win and wrestle with more heart.

No doubt the 2 most frustrating guys this year for me have been Mastro and Wittlake. I know Mastro only has 2 losses on the year and he has been beat up but it’s like we are watching 2 completely different guys at 125. And for Wittlake it’s just frustrating to see someone face the top guys at his weight that he mentally doesn’t appear to have the confidence to beat.

I thought all the guys who won yesterday wrestled tough and the guys who lost didn’t. Look at Mastro and Geer and it really came down to that. I can’t say much on 157, 165 and 197. But I do agree that it’s a little frustrating we don’t have more depth at our middle weights and guys who are ready to be competitive. I hope Sheets and Wittlake get healthy and are back soon bc we desperately need them in order to win big 12

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT