ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coaches

Well they had said director of operations but this says RC. It’s not the DO or the 3rd asst position. Am I wrong?
Yup was told Director of Op’s. So right guy, wrong position. I was also told that Director of Op’s isn’t allowed to roll around with the students per NCAA rules. Not sure how much truth that is but could be why the title change. This was said to be a done deal days ago. So the wait to announce is interesting. Could be title change related.

My only question now is… who is going to roll with the bigs? Considering we made a run at tervel first, it was obviously something DT was thinking about. Will it be DT?

My only question now is… who is going to roll with the bigs? Considering we made a run at tervel first, it was obviously something DT was thinking about. Will it be DT?
Seems like he could easily go against anyone through 197.

If you get Hendrickson in the room, that seems to take care of that weight.

I’ve seen Perry rolling with the bigs previously.

DT will be fine and should create a dynamic look for the upper weights.

There are more than a few big time schools where this position is filled by a woman. Not to diminish anyone but I don’t think NC State had their Dir of Ops goings against Hidlay.

Caldwell was already the assistant coach last year. If he was hired for this upcoming season, I do believe that there would have been an official announcement made.
Maybe, maybe not. Do you announce a guy that is staying on? The important thing is, they updated the website late this week and he is still on the site…for the 2024-2025 Season.

W/O Tervel it seems like DT could’ve switched gears and decided to roll with the bigs himself? Makes TC more valuable
Said in another post…it seems certain DT will roll with the bigs up to at least 197. TC can help there as well.

It will be a different look than they were getting (not bad, just different). Personally, it was hilarious watching Perry ride Surber.

Maybe, maybe not. Do you announce a guy that is staying on? The important thing is, they updated the website late this week and he is still on the site…for the 2024-2025 Season.
I wouldn't. It would simply highlight those not retained, and the team doesn't need that negative light. I think they did it exactly right. He was an asst and he is still an asst. Nothing new to announce.

Last edited:
What’s the word on JO. Seems to be some chatter on Twitter about if the Cowboys should hire him. He has commented or retweeted some stuff as well.

Would love the hire but haven’t seen any real traction about it.

What’s the word on JO. Seems to be some chatter on Twitter about if the Cowboys should hire him. He has commented or retweeted some stuff as well.

He would be a perfect hire. Heard he was a phenomenal coach and was extremely knowledgeable. Plus, fans would appreciate a familiar face, from the Smith tree, but you would get a coach with varied experience with a huge repertoire of knowledge

@Shootwrestling has been giving it his damndest and JO is all about it but I don’t see it happening. I’d love it though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT