ADVERTISEMENT

Appears Daton returning

Witlake is a senior with a covid year but I haven't heard if he will take the extra year.
I hope he takes the extra year. This year seems like a get used to 184 year. He is hesitant to shoot because he feels that extra 20 pounds. Next year he could make a good jump.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Witlake is a senior with a covid year but I haven't heard if he will take the extra year.
I hope he takes the extra year. This year seems like a get used to 184 year. He is hesitant to shoot because he feels that extra 20 pounds. Next year he could make a good jump.
I would like some of you guys like y’all & @JAY45 to project the lineup for next yr.

I would like some of you guys like y’all & @JAY45 to project the lineup for next yr.
125-? Portal
133- Fix
141-CY
149- VV
157-? Portal
165-? Portal
174- Plott
184- Wittlake
197- Surber
HWT- Doucet

I don’t keep up with recruits/signees like some do on here. Who is going to RS, who is college ready.

Reactions: driad
Ill give it a try
125 witcraft/Portal
133 fix
141 young
149 voinovich
157 Jordan Williams Going to be a stud
165 Portal/maybe one of the recruits cuts down to 165 maybe Thompson or Heeg could very easily be a hole in the lineup though
174 Plott
184 Wittlake
197 Surber
285 I’ll go Christian Carroll a true freshman he can be really good he has a nice offensive arsenal for a heavy weight hope he doesn’t go 197
Redshirt Hughes probably going to need to go 133 to replace fix
Redshirt the other freshman if none can get to 165 but Brayden Thompson is also going to be really good at 174/184

Reactions: driad
125-? Portal
133- Fix
141-CY
149- VV
157-? Portal
165-? Portal
174- Plott
184- Wittlake
197- Surber
HWT- Doucet

I don’t keep up with recruits/signees like some do on here. Who is going to RS, who is college ready.
I followed Witcraft some in HS because he was always at the Quik Trip the same time as me in the mornings & seemed like a good kid. . I expected him to be very good here.

• Love
Reactions: JAY45
125-? Portal
133- Fix
141-CY
149- VV
157-? Portal
165-? Portal
174- Plott
184- Wittlake
197- Surber
HWT- Doucet

I would think Carter will redshirt and Alvarez will wrestle 41 next year. Probably Jordan at 57. Plott could also redshirt and Thompson could go 74. Carroll could start at heavy as a freshman.

Wrestling at the Paris Olympics starts the first week of August, so the OTTs will probably be the first week of April, just 2 weeks after NCAAs. Still think Daton @ 125 is possible.

Reactions: osu2082
We need to get a transfer at 125 and 165. Not sure there is anyone on the current roster who can legit fill those weights and have some success doing it. Possibly Travis Mastro at 165 if he's still around, but I haven't been impressed thus far. We will be solid everywhere else regardless of who RS and what true freshman start.

Reactions: DPJ
Alt Take:

125: Daton
133: Carter
141: Alvarez
149: VV
157: Jordan Williams
165: Potentially Thompson, legitimately no answer right now
174: Plott
184: Wittlake
197: Surber
285: Doucet/Carrol

Reactions: turfpoke and DPJ
Realistic Take:

125: Witcraft/Portal
133: Fix
141: Carter

Realistic Take:

125: Witcraft/Portal
133: Fix
141: Carter
So realistically you don’t see Alvarez in the lineup next year?

Reactions: DPJ
So realistically you don’t see Alvarez in the lineup next year?

I think it depends the approach the staff takes. Do we RS a handful of guys to try and build towards a year or two of a championship window?

Do we see any major staff changes which could affect the above?

Do we go all in on the portal with NIL for Datons last year?

Lots of considerations…

I'd love to see VV stay at 149 if he can. Moving up a weight is just another learning curve.

Sammy Alvarez is wrestling 141 next year CONFIRMED… to the people who don’t believe that to be true. Your clearly not aware of good he is and what a new program can do for someone of his caliber…

He’s going to be someone this forum is raving about next season…

I say all this because I’m close to the program and the kid uprooted his life from jersey to come to Stillwater and be a cowboy… nothing known familiar to him besides that Oklahoma state has a wrestling team.. he’s completely on his own and is currently at practice everyday working his tail off while not being eligible to compete bc of NCAA rules.. (to those who question is commitment) he didn’t come to Oklahoma state just to be on the roster. This dude is legit and he will be a cowboy fan favorite.

Last edited:
He wrestled at the edinboro open two weeks ago @141 and Outscored the competition 26-6 with a first round fall and let up one takedown the entire tournament that was highly questionable and he scored within seconds of said takedown being called… He flew to PA by himself without a coach and competed this way. I don’t think we have to question his new refined commitment to wrestling. HE MEANS BUSINESS

Sammy Alvarez is wrestling 141 next year CONFIRMED… to the people who don’t believe that to be true. Your clearly not aware of good he is and what a new program can do for someone of his caliber…

He’s going to be someone this forum is raving about next season…

I say all this because I’m close to the program and the kid uprooted his life from jersey to come to Stillwater and be a cowboy… nothing known familiar to him besides that Oklahoma state has a wrestling team.. he’s completely on his own and is currently at practice everyday working his tail off while not being eligible to compete bc of NCAA rules.. (to those who question is commitment) he didn’t come to Oklahoma state just to be on the roster. This dude is legit and he will be a cowboy fan favorite.

He wrestled at the edinboro open two weeks ago @141 and Outscored the competition 26-6 with a first round fall and let up one takedown the entire tournament that was highly questionable and he scored within seconds of said takedown being called… He flew to PA by himself without a coach and competed this way. I don’t think we have to question his new refined commitment to wrestling. HE MEANS BUSINESS
Yeah buddy!! Love to hear it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT