ADVERTISEMENT

An interview with Lou Rosselli about his OU job

Indeed I saw something on the Ohio board saying he wrestled with Lou's son. Looks like Lou could be establishing that Ohio pipeline now

Again... You won't answer the question! Why not? If you don't have an answer then just say you don't have any answer! What is the purpose of not releasing??? Hello??? Mcfly????
It seems that the PR is so bad that a member of the OU Athletic Dept.is defending thei

It seems to me that this is not the first time someone from the OU Athletic dept. has used our board to communicate with us OK Staters. Not sure who OU Wrestling fan is but I have my guesses and I do think he is more than a fan and someone in the Athletic Dept. Last year it was Cranberry Adams who I called out on numerous occasions as not being an OSU fan and we have not heard from him lately. I will not say who OU wrestling fan is but pretty sure Cranberry Adams was Michael Lightener. Just hope Michael is smarter than his posts. OU wrestling fan-could he be asCowboyalum1990 seems to believe Jason Leonard. From his posts on this board that may be true.

I am much closer than you know. Let me put it this way. Firing Cody started the problems for Millhof. Millhof called a team meeting and had the wrestlers sign a petition that if OU did not hire Lightner as the head coach the whole team would sit out the season. Well, they did not hire Lightener as the head coach, and it looks like the only one sitting out the season will be MiIllhof. I do not want to see Milhoff punished in any way. He is a great young man trying to find his way and stand up for what he believes in. I am just saying Millhof's battle is doing more to hurt Millhoff then it is hurting OU!

BTW: I like the way my Crimson colored glasses look on me!

This is 100% correct. Truth be told, the fly in the ointment is Millhof's parents; possibly the most self-serving couple you'll ever meet.

If parents would just shut the heck up, and mind their own business, 90% of all problems in youth / young adult sports programs would never even surface.

Again... You won't answer the question! Why not? If you don't have an answer then just say you don't have any answer! What is the purpose of not releasing??? Hello??? Mcfly????
I'm really enjoying this thread, should change thread name to "Who Knows More" or Asst. AD called a code red on Millhoff, I can't go into details but the problem was they used Memory Foam instead of Down, Memory Foam has more weight to it and hurts more when hit (that's why he wants to transfer). Later in that same day Millhof attacked the Asst. AD with a pillow and yelled "How do you like a code red pulled on you"! I also have this on video, Please make sure no children are around while watching it, please turn the volume off too

Last edited:
Now that's funny!!!! I love it!!! Whoops.....looks like Obero might be right about ol Cranberry Adams being Lightner. I mean come on Mike.... Your name is mentioned once then you out of nowhere reappear!!! If the facts about the top secret reduction in scholarship money is correct then I don't blame the parents for being a$$holes!! No wonder no one will hire you as a head coach!! Got to admit the daddy can be over the top though! I hate even asking again but WHY DENY THE TRANSFER???? I loveeeeeee this thread!!!!!

Last edited:
No denials from either Jason or Mike. I may be wrong on one and/or both but I beginning to think not. Cowboy Alum knows a lot more about the situation. Here is my problem with Cranberry Adams/ possibly Michael Lightner. He came on this board last year claiming to be a OK State fan but dispersing false or misleading information. Lightner may be a top coach and there is no doubt he was a extremely good wrestler. However his duplicity in posting casts shadows on his believability. I do not know, never met Milhof or his father. I respect Milhof as a wrestler and he improved leaps and bounds since being at OU. If he was promised a scholarship increase by Cody it should have been honored. Mr.Milhof may be a very difficult parent to deal with but then again it is his kid .If Ryan lobbied for team-mates to leave the team if Lightner was hired is wrong on his part if true. Coaches and administrators have to be in charge and wrestlers are bound by their commitments. However, I see no good coming out of not giving him a release as it just creates more bad blood. I would have given him the release with the stipulation he could not sign with a Big 12 school. I have no axe to grind with either Leonard or Lightner and certainly do not claim to know all the ins and outs of this situation but I do believe it could have been handled better. Regardless of the difficulty in dealing with the parent I do not see how saying parent should stay out of his son's situation is not destined to win him loyalty from Ryan.

This is 100% correct. Truth be told, the fly in the ointment is Millhof's parents; possibly the most self-serving couple you'll ever meet.

If parents would just shut the heck up, and mind their own business, 90% of all problems in youth / young adult sports programs would never even surface.
Yeah, parents being involved in their kids lives is just awful. I'm sure those Sandusky kids go to bed every night thanking god they didn't have parents around to speak up for them.(Sarcasm)

What you're saying is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard regarding youth sports. Yes, some parents are crazy and their involvement and contributions usually aren't positive, but if you've ever been around a youth/young adult sports program there's no doubt that good, supportive parents are probably the most important part of it besides the kids themselves.

With Alex Dieringer graduated (one of my favorites). I'm not sure the Cowboys have a lock on a National Champion in March as well!

He is the National Champ so he deserves respect but with a 20 percent bonus ratio he was not dominate. Score a point and hang on for the win will not work this year.

that almost sounds like a compliment! What????? I guess that 20% bonus rate came at the expense of the Gooners!

Last edited:
You are right for once. A large share of his bonus points came at the expense of Oklahoma wrestlers.

It's a new day - OU wins a Bedlem within the next four years!

Last edited:
This is one of the more interesting threads out in college wrestling forums. Just waiting for a big reveal. It keeps me coming back.

Win? How bout be competitive and try to have more OU fans in Norman then Cowboy fans just once!!!
I noticed they scheduled Bedlam the night before Bedlam football. Smart move by OU, will probably be a sellout, but it'll still be more OSU this year.

1) Rosselli's on record saying he won't let Millhof into the room unless he's staying. One can only assume that if you're correct, Millhof has told Rosselli he's staying.

Which is my hope. Ryan under Rosselli's leadership gives him an excellent shot of being a national champion.

2) Dean Heil's average margin of victory may be small, but his points allowed were even smaller. And he's won a national championship. You have to give him his due.

Reactions: osu2082
I saw that. I'm not saying you didn't. It was less than I think you should have given to a returning national champion, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I don't mean to be disrespectful. My comments were in the context of who has a lock on becoming a National Champion in March. Personally, I'm not a fan of defensive wrestlers, but that's just me. Although if Heil was wrestling for OU, I might have a different opinion. :)

Some of the most entertaining matches I have seen in the past 10 years were the Chris Perry and Howe, but I tend to like to watch a match with a ton of takedown activity.

Heil will be in the mix and a very good shot at repeating.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
I don't mean to be disrespectful. My comments were in the context of who has a lock on becoming a National Champion in March. Personally, I'm not a fan of defensive wrestlers, but that's just me. Although if Heil was wrestling for OU, I might have a different opinion. :)
Its all good. I wish Heil were wrestling for OU as well. I feel confident Lou will have that caliber of wrestler suited up for us very soon. He may already be in the room, and Lou will be able to pull the talent and work ethic out of him. Or hopefully multiple hims. :)

I like more offense myself, but Heil's matches are pretty fun.

I wish he'd go out and dominate and get more bonus, but the funky/awkward scrambles he gets in always interesting. Definitely puts you on the edge of your seat most matches.

I think listening to Lou's interviews he is wanting 7 minutes of attack mode. We certainly lacked there. Personally I think Dean was more agressive in his days at St. Eds but of course the comp was not the level he faces everyday. But he seems to have that knack of winning the close ones in which you gotta win in ncaas. Was wondering about his weight and if 49 is the place for him when Collica moves on to open up the light weights some.

I think the logic is Martiez the transfer from Boise State that AA'd last year will step in at 149 the next two years after Collica graduates.

This is an edit, but Heil was projected to be a 133 pounder. Not sure how much he has grown, but I remember the disappointment when he wrestled at 141.

He got it done in March (both years) so not too disappointing. If he can hold 141 that is a great place for him.

Nice to have strong wrestlers, but at some point a very competitive wrestler will be on the bench, but in a sport like wrestling there are unfortunately quite a few injuries or personal reasons where an athlete cannot compete. Let's not call it a problem until everyone is healthy and someone does not get to wrestle. Yes, we do have room for Dayton Fix.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT