ADVERTISEMENT

An Interesting Question To Ponder

Honest question: Is Russia really an enemy of Western Civilization? They run a capitalist society. Outside of attacking Ukraine, which was the obvious response to the imperialistic, unified army of NATO ever-encroaching towards its borders, which part of Russia hasn't been a good neighbor? We still use them to fly goods and people to the ISS. For years, they were our solution for space travel, once we retired the shuttle program. They've been a fair global trading partner for energy. They supplied Europe with cheap gas for years. Even in a war, they supported the Black Sea agreement and allowed their opposition to maintain food shipments. They aren't perfect by any means, but they're a hell of a lot closer to my idea of Western Civilization than many of our so-called Allies and friends. China, NK, Hamas, and Iran are all communist (China, NK) or worse (Hamas, Iran). Russia doesn't fit that bill, imo.
Oligarchy run by Putin. Dissidents jailed on fake charges. Political foes fall out of windows on a regular basis. Political opponents tracked down and poisoned in foreign countries. Ossetia, Crimea before the latest invasion of a neighbor, Ukraine.

If we were discussing Russia under Yeltsin I would agree. They were on the right path under him. But under Putin the dictator? No.

It is a war crime to embed military assets in civilian infrastructure. Its is not a war crime to attack that infrastructure once its compromised.

So Hamas is according to the "laws of war" committing war crimes and Israel is not.

There is no moral equivalence.

Moral relativism is a cancer that undermines western civilization and all of the progress we brought to humanity.

Collectivism and cultural Marxism are the ultimate auto immune disease that will consume its host and kill it. Israel and Ukraine are not at fault for having been attacked.

Hamas can end this and offer themselves up to the gallows, after a trial for war crimes of course. Do this tomorrow and this will end for the average Joe Palestinian.

Russia, China, NK, Hamas, and Iran are enemies of western civilization and must be looked at through that prism.
You make a very good point if it’s true. So far Israel is dropping bombs on anything that moves and justifying it by saying they thought there were terrorists down there. Even the claims about the hq bunker under the hospital, which may be accurate, we have only a claim by Israel that it’s there, which IMO is not enough for them to destroy the building, especially while there are patients there. Netanyahu said he wants to evacuate the hospital in 24 hours and move the patients into tents until they could be relocated. The head of Doctors Without Borders, who have doctors and staff in that hospital, said an evacuation should take at least two weeks or many of the patients would not survive. Bibi is so anxious to blow up the hospital he doesn’t have any concern about killing innocent civilians. That will be another Israeli war crime added to the list.

You pretend like the Palestinian peoples are a helpless soccer ball. But its on them to rise up. They have to cut out their own cancer (Hamas) or accept the fact that they have become its host and will die along side it. But we both know that deep down, the Palestinian people (as a whole) don't like the Israelis and aren't upset at what Hamas does. Just like the Israelis (as a whole) aren't upset about the utter devastation they bring when they get to 'enthusiastically' respond to an attack.
For all practical purposes the Palestinians are helpless. Per your idea it should have been on the American slaves to rise up in revolt and overthrow their oppressors. Yet they didn’t. Does that mean they deserved to be slaves, deserved the lives they were thrust into, should have cut out their own cancer or accept the fact that they were hosts to the evil of slavery? No, they had to wait for someone to come to their rescue. Who’s coming to the Palestinians’ rescue?.

You pretend like the Palestinian peoples are a helpless soccer ball. But its on them to rise up. They have to cut out their own cancer (Hamas) or accept the fact that they have become its host and will die along side it. But we both know that deep down, the Palestinian people (as a whole) don't like the Israelis and aren't upset at what Hamas does. Just like the Israelis (as a whole) aren't upset about the utter devastation they bring when they get to 'enthusiastically' respond to an attack.
Let me ask you this: let’s say you get what you want, the Palestinian people rise up in revolt against Hamas, chase down every last one of them and hang them from the gallows in very public displays. Hamas is obliterated, it no longer exists. The Palestinians have freed themselves from the oppression of Hamas. What do you think would be Israel’s reaction? Would they say “well, there you go, good job, the wall’s coming down, the naval blockade is rescinded, you have your own country now, we’ll leave you alone, leave you in peace, God be with you, now we’re friends?” Or might they act in a different manner? This is an honest question. You insist it’s up to the Palestinians to overthrow Hamas. Let’s pretend that’s what they do. Then what?

Let me ask you this: let’s say you get what you want, the Palestinian people rise up in revolt against Hamas, chase down every last one of them and hang them from the gallows in very public displays. Hamas is obliterated, it no longer exists. The Palestinians have freed themselves from the oppression of Hamas. What do you think would be Israel’s reaction? Would they say “well, there you go, good job, the wall’s coming down, the naval blockade is rescinded, you have your own country now, we’ll leave you alone, leave you in peace, God be with you, now we’re friends?” Or might they act in a different manner? This is an honest question. You insist it’s up to the Palestinians to overthrow Hamas. Let’s pretend that’s what they do. Then what?
I don't think the wall comes down. But I do think the fighting stops. I do think the blockade gets lifted. And investment would flow into the region. But the Palestinians have to figure out how to coexist in a global world like Jordan, UAE, and KSA have, and not act like the Libyas or Yemens of the world.

But alas, such a world doesn't exist. Not even one of your theoretical textbooks would propose such an outlandish expectation of normalcy.

For all practical purposes the Palestinians are helpless. Per your idea it should have been on the American slaves to rise up in revolt and overthrow their oppressors. Yet they didn’t. Does that mean they deserved to be slaves, deserved the lives they were thrust into, should have cut out their own cancer or accept the fact that they were hosts to the evil of slavery? No, they had to wait for someone to come to their rescue. Who’s coming to the Palestinians’ rescue?.
I'll use your slavery analogy. We already have freed them once. In 2005, Israel left the Gaza strip and turned it over to Palestine. They immediately elected Hamas into power, who has been in charge ever since. To relate it to the plight of the slave, I'd note that African Americans today are free, yet a large number of them have CHOSEN to support and follow politicians that have left them as little more than modern day slaves, living in squalor conditions, with minimal education, and permanently indentured. Noone is going to rise up and save today's inner city slaves. There's no Union army coming. It will require an uprising from within to change their direction, just like it will for the Palestinians.

Oligarchy run by Putin.
As opposed to our poligarchy run by political families that have been in leadership for decades?

Dissidents jailed on fake charges.
Donald Trump and 300+ January 6ers say 'Hi".

Political foes fall out of windows on a regular basis.
Have you seen the statistics regarding those who supposedly know dirt on the Clintons? Did you forget Epstein?
Political opponents tracked down and poisoned in foreign countries.
As opposed to the FBI pulling all credit card data for banks for DC transactions to target ANYONE who may have been visiting DC on Jan 6th? Or doing SWAT team incursions to get documents from your political opponent?
Ossetia, Crimea before the latest invasion of a neighbor, Ukraine.
You mean after we triggered a rebellion in Ukraine and had them overthrow the duly elected pro-Russian government to install a Western-supporting government, thus robbing Putin of his only warm water sea port? And triggering a 7 year civil war in the Ukraine in the process.
If we were discussing Russia under Yeltsin I would agree. They were on the right path under him. But under Putin the dictator? No.
Yes, because we are much better off befriending dictators in Venezuela and Libya. Again, if Russia was so bad, why have we been using them for our Space program for the past dozen years? Why did EVERY EU country have trade agreements with them?

I'll use your slavery analogy. We already have freed them once. In 2005, Israel left the Gaza strip and turned it over to Palestine. They immediately elected Hamas into power, who has been in charge ever since. To relate it to the plight of the slave, I'd note that African Americans today are free, yet a large number of them have CHOSEN to support and follow politicians that have left them as little more than modern day slaves, living in squalor conditions, with minimal education, and permanently indentured. Noone is going to rise up and save today's inner city slaves. There's no Union army coming. It will require an uprising from within to change their direction, just like it will for the Palestinians.
I don’t think your analogy holds up. Today’s Palestinians have far greater similarities to pre-War slaves than the blacks you’re talking about. By demanding the Gazans rise up in revolt to throw off their oppressors they’d have to revolt against not only Hamas, but Israel, too. Which, irony of irony, is what Hamas says it is trying to do. It’s hard to believe, I know, but Hamas considers itself to be a resistance organization struggling against its occupier. For the “good” Palestinians to set themselves free they’d have to violently revolt against Israel with at least as much ferocity as against Hamas. And what do you suppose would be Israel’s reaction? I get the impression you think of Israel as a benign innocent bystander that is victimized by yet another hate-filled group. In that you are wrong. The depravity that Israel has inflicted is very real, and to pretend it isn’t is an error of epic proportions.

Last edited:
As opposed to our poligarchy run by political families that have been in leadership for decades?

Have you seen the statistics regarding those who supposedly know dirt on the Clintons? Did you forget Epstein?

As opposed to the FBI pulling all credit card data for banks for DC transactions to target ANYONE who may have been visiting DC on Jan 6th? Or doing SWAT team incursions to get documents from your political opponent?

You mean after we triggered a rebellion in Ukraine and had them overthrow the duly elected pro-Russian government to install a Western-supporting government, thus robbing Putin of his only warm water sea port? And triggering a 7 year civil war in the Ukraine in the process.

Yes, because we are much better off befriending dictators in Venezuela and Libya. Again, if Russia was so bad, why have we been using them for our Space program for the past dozen years? Why did EVERY EU country have trade agreements with them?
Mic drop.

Does this make Putin’s oligarchical dealings less corrupt in your eyes…because Americans are corrupt too?
Fvck around, find out. Ashli Babbitt sure did lol

We’re all ears on these StatiStiCs…and Epstein? The guy who regularly partied at Mar-A-Lago? Cmon man lol you gotta know how fvcking pathetic this one is, yes?

Your beloved Jim Jordan will surely succeed in this crusade against financial tyranny lol.

And on documents…again…fvck around, find out. Trump showed classified military documents to Average Joes with no security clearance. He also skirted subpeonas and raids themselves to conceal and hide them.

This is just pure bullsh!t haha. You can’t be this fvcking dumb…gotta be a troll.

Science doesn’t recognize borders and conflict. And plenty of Russian scientists have expressed embarrassment and shame over Russian aggression against Ukraine.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/11/16/putin-needs-the-iss-us-astronaut-scott-kelly-on-future-of-space-cooperation-and-chasing-uf#:~:text=ISS%20cooperation%20'very%2C%20very%20practical,on%20the%20ISS%20until%202028.

When you package moronic conspiracy theories together like this, you really make yourself look silly. As Dan said…is this the mic drop you’re thinking it is?

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
You actually think that's what Hamas considers themselves to be?
Dan is a peacenik who can not see the current conflicts in the Middle East, including the one in Israel are all about the radical Muslim goal of creating the caliphate they so desire. Some people become so focused on one issue they can not see the broad picture.

What would be your reaction if Russia instituted a relentless aerial bombing campaign on Kiev similar to what Israel is doing to the civilians in Gaza. The situations are not exactly the same, Kiev has some defense and air support while the people in Gaza are totally defenseless. But Russia does have air superiority so if it decided its losses would be worth the slaughter it would wreak it could probably unleash similar destruction. Would Russia be committing a war crime by intentionally targeting civilians? Is Israel?
Whats Up Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Didn't say we were perfect. 2020 not withstanding we are a democratic republic. I would say the elections until 2020 were mostly legit. For sure 2016 was.
Yeah current gubmint sucks and is weaponized

See above
Nope this is BS and the thing I totally disagree with. Its bassackwards. The pro- Russian gubmint was the one that was installed by Putin through a fake election. The pro-western election was legitimate. Yulia Tomeshenko (PM) was falsely accused by that regime of corruption after she stood up to Putin. Putin had praised her until then. She was later exonerated by the courts.

The fight that is the spirit of the Ukrainian people ought to inform you that they are not pro-Russian at all. They would have already folded if they really wanted to rejoin Russia in some sort of union. They want to be in the EU and trade with Russia as equals not a vassal state.
Yes, because we are much better off befriending dictators in Venezuela and Libya. Again, if Russia was so bad, why have we been using them for
Yes Biden is a POS
our Space program for the past dozen years? Why did EVERY EU country have trade agreements with them?
Uh because everyone needs energy? Russia has it. Funny it went through Ukraine who was getting a cut.

And we were impotent there for a while when we shut down the shuttle. Unnecessarily IMO as a return to the original foam would have made it safe to fly but environuts insisted otherwise.

Moscow loved the check we wrote them.

Just look what Israel is doing in the West Bank if you want to know how they would treat Gaza sans Hamas

Well, I read the document and it appears to me that Hamas calls itself a resistance movement against the Zionist incursion/occupation of what they consider to be their land. @Medic007, what about this document disputes what I said earlier, that it considers itself to be a resistance movement against its occupier? By the way, "I" consider them to be a terrorist organization. But it does not seem that is what they think of themselves, which is the topic at hand.

• Haha
Well, I read the document and it appears to me that Hamas calls itself a resistance movement against the Zionist incursion/occupation of what they consider to be their land. @Medic007, what about this document disputes what I said earlier, that it considers itself to be a resistance movement against its occupier? By the way, "I" consider them to be a terrorist organization. But it does not seem that is what they think of themselves, which is the topic at hand.

By the way, "I" consider them to be a terrorist organization. But it does not seem that is what they think of themselves, which is the topic at hand.
The difference between a patriot and a traitor is simply perspective. Not surprised that they don't consider themselves terrorists. Most Jan 6ers don't consider themselves insurrectionists either, but unfortunately for them, the guy (or more likely a non-binary, transgender liberal) holding the pen did.

The difference between a patriot and a traitor is simply perspective. Not surprised that they don't consider themselves terrorists. Most Jan 6ers don't consider themselves insurrectionists either, but unfortunately for them, the guy (or more likely a non-binary, transgender liberal) holding the pen did.
The winner gets to write the history. I bet King George considered the American Revolutionaries terrorists, or whatever terrorists were called back then.

Nope this is BS and the thing I totally disagree with. Its bassackwards. The pro- Russian gubmint was the one that was installed by Putin through a fake election. The pro-western election was legitimate. Yulia Tomeshenko (PM) was falsely accused by that regime of corruption after she stood up to Putin. Putin had praised her until then. She was later exonerated by the courts.
Interesting. So a country that speaks Russian, was originally a Russian colony, and had been pro-Russia for decades required Russia to install a fake Ru
Does this make Putin’s oligarchical dealings less corrupt in your eyes…because Americans are corrupt too?
Didn't say it did. The topic was whether Russia was representative of Western society and culture. The argument is that you can't call out Russia for their corruption while disregarding our own. Try to keep up.

Fvck around, find out. Ashli Babbitt sure did lol
Glad you don't deny that the current government in the US is weaponized against its own citizenry. We are in agreement.

We’re all ears on these StatiStiCs…and Epstein? The guy who regularly partied at Mar-A-Lago? Cmon man lol you gotta know how fvcking pathetic this one is, yes?
Lol. You took the Clinton bait. I figured one of you liberals wouldn't resist it. But honest question: Do you really think Epstein killed himself? The camera in his cell just happened to be broken. The guards just happened to be on break. I don't know who organized it. But thinking he killed himself under those condistions requires the same level of gullibility as thinking that Covid evolved naturally and only by sheer magical coincidence occurred where there was a biolab studying Coronavirus. But you are a liberal, so I shouldn't be surprised that you would be that gullible.

Your beloved Jim Jordan will surely succeed in this crusade against financial tyranny lol.

And on documents…again…fvck around, find out. Trump showed classified military documents to Average Joes with no security clearance. He also skirted subpeonas and raids themselves to conceal and hide them.
So you are so sure that our government prosecuting its opposition party is in the right, while being just as sure that Putin's prosecution of his opposition party is in the wrong. Ironic. See the item above about gullibility.

This is just pure bullsh!t haha. You can’t be this fvcking dumb…gotta be a troll.
Which part? If you can't accept that we had our hands all over Ukraine driving the 180 degree pivot from being a pro-Russia border state to being a NATO loving Western country all in the span of a single president, then I can't help you. The Bidens, the Podestas, and dozen of other connected DC politicians and law groups (for both parties) didn't get paid for nothing.

Science doesn’t recognize borders and conflict. And plenty of Russian scientists have expressed embarrassment and shame over Russian aggression against Ukraine.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/11/16/putin-needs-the-iss-us-astronaut-scott-kelly-on-future-of-space-cooperation-and-chasing-uf#:~:text=ISS%20cooperation%20'very%2C%20very%20practical,on%20the%20ISS%20until%202028.
What's this have to do with anything? We have AMPLE evidence that scientists will tell us exactly what they think society wants to hear so that they will be accepted in society. We saw it with Covid. We see it with Global warming. Why would this conflict be any different.
When you package moronic conspiracy theories together like this, you really make yourself look silly. As Dan said…is this the mic drop you’re thinking it is?
As long as you're in the room with your rainbow hair, confused gender, and dumbfounded drooling look, I don't have to worry about looking silly. As for a mic drop, I just called it a rebuttal. Much like this one.

Always do.

The winner gets to write the history. I bet King George considered the American Revolutionaries terrorists, or whatever terrorists were called back then.
They were terrorists. What else would you call throwing a million dollars worth of tea and other luxury goods into Boston Harbor, but a terrorist act.

I don’t think your analogy holds up. Today’s Palestinians have far greater similarities to pre-War slaves than the blacks you’re talking about. By demanding the Gazans rise up in revolt to throw off their oppressors they’d have to revolt against not only Hamas, but Israel, too. Which, irony of irony, is what Hamas says it is trying to do. It’s hard to believe, I know, but Hamas considers itself to be a resistance organization struggling against its occupier. For the “good” Palestinians to set themselves free they’d have to violently revolt against Israel with at least as much ferocity as against Hamas. And what do you suppose would be Israel’s reaction? I get the impression you think of Israel as a benign innocent bystander that is victimized by yet another hate-filled group. In that you are wrong. The depravity that Israel has inflicted is very real, and to pretend it isn’t is an error of epic proportions.
Disagree. If Americans revolted today, we'd have to overthrow our current government first, then we'd worry about Canada, the UN, or other oppressors. But its irrelevant. Palestinians won't overthrow Hamas because they support Hamas. They believe Israel is their oppressor because Israel occupies Jerusalem which is what they actually want. They couldn't care less that Israel surrendered Gaza to them. That's why our moving of the embassy to Jerusalem was such an affront. Because it simply confirms that Jerusalem is Israel's. That's why a 2 state solution can't work. Israel won't accept a 2 state solution where it surrenders Jerusalem. And the Palestinians won't accept a 2 state solution that doesn't result in them getting Jerusalem. This is a simple fact.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Disagree. If Americans revolted today, we'd have to overthrow our current government first, then we'd worry about Canada, the UN, or other oppressors. But its irrelevant. Palestinians won't overthrow Hamas because they support Hamas. They believe Israel is their oppressor because Israel occupies Jerusalem which is what they actually want. They couldn't care less that Israel surrendered Gaza to them. That's why our moving of the embassy to Jerusalem was such an affront. Because it simply confirms that Jerusalem is Israel's. That's why a 2 state solution can't work. Israel won't accept a 2 state solution where it surrenders Jerusalem. And the Palestinians won't accept a 2 state solution that doesn't result in them getting Jerusalem. This is a simple fact.
The point I’m trying to make, and obviously making it badly, is Israel rules Gaza as much as Hamas. Overthrowing just one of them will accomplish nothing, in fact would weaken them so badly they’d be squashed by the one still standing.

• Wow
The point I’m trying to make, and obviously making it badly, is Israel rules Gaza as much as Hamas. Overthrowing just one of them will accomplish nothing, in fact would weaken them so badly they’d be squashed by the one still standing.
The fact there there have been multiple cease fires that Israel has agreed to and followed would imply that Israel would keep the peace and not 'squash' them like a bug. I mean, Israel could squash them like a bug now, and yet they haven't.

The fact there there have been multiple cease fires that Israel has agreed to and followed would imply that Israel would keep the peace and not 'squash' them like a bug. I mean, Israel could squash them like a bug now, and yet they haven't.
Northern Gaza looks pretty squashed.

How many Hamas members remain from 1988?
If as you try to imply the current crop of terrorist who have been indoctrinated by the former crop of terrorist do not support the extermination of Jews why haven't they changed it?

If as you try to imply the current crop of terrorist who have been indoctrinated by the former crop of terrorist do not support the extermination of Jews why haven't they changed it?
I haven't read the Charter provided by Medic, but the document Pilt connected to seemed pretty boilerplate to me. It was written in 2017 I believe. So it's possible (not likely) Hamas began to soften its stance a little.

They did in 2017, see my previous post

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT