ADVERTISEMENT

Air Force

Zacman88

Recruit
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2013
Colorado Springs
Compelled to post since I've seen a couple of comments about Air Force. I've been a season ticket holder since 2015. Bought tickets cause I love college football and they are super cheap at the Academy. We tailgate for every home game with an OSU tent and flag. Fans are great, they aren't used to Big 12 type of tailgates so they love the fact we have a TV, tent corn hole, etc. If you haven't been to a service academy game they have the best flyovers and pageantry of any game I've ever been to, and most of all there's no animosity. I've had the pleasure of playing golf with Tory Calhoun. Like Gundy he played at AF, now coaches, gets some heat every now and then about how they perform, and has his name thrown in hat for a lot of other jobs. Must say its really fun to watch the service academies play and how disciplined they play knowing they are gonna run the option almost every play. Even with Mountain West competition they are usually outsized, yet almost ever not outworked. Only bad experience was our first couple of years their stud RB was named Tim McVeigh. Obviously tough to cheer for him as on okie. Anyways, great to watch AF have success even if they end up choking game away. If anyone is every in Colorado Springs area during football season and wants to go to game or tails, just let me know

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News