ADVERTISEMENT

After a couple years of this crap

AtownPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2006
Corpus Christi
*preface by saying this is an “Old man yells at sky” post (even though I’m only 36)*

And watching FCS football… I really do hope the big 2 do split away from the NCAA and everyone else. I know everyone will scream about the money and it’ll suck for awhile but something has to give and it’s the only hope that anything gets fixed imo. I think long term there will be a ton of interest in a secondary group. The Big 2 is just based on too much greed and bs to be as loved as CFB has always been

With them out of the way, we could bring everyone else together in an FCS type system that isn’t tied to the big 2 at all. Transfers wouldn’t be allowed between the 2 associations to protect against farming. It could be alot like baseball. If you want to go to the big 2 then go ahead but if you go to the FCS type group then you're committed to that group until you’re draft eligible. The old school football atmosphere and energy of the players is just so much better in these FCS playoffs. You can tell what the kid’s priorities are. It’s maintained the nostalgia of real American football imo. I know the FBS has the elite athletes but I doubt I watch a single minute of the playoffs at this point and it’s not a boycott situation or anything… I just have no interest and I truly get no enjoyment out of watching the big brands anymore. I can’t separate just how screwed up and dirty the system is. These kids at FCS are relationship driven and you can see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News