ADVERTISEMENT

35 years of gaming for me...

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
and I still can't put the controller down. If gamers were a gang, I would definitely be an OG. At 41, I was playing video games on the first consoles from Atari (played some Pong before that), thinking I was in hog heaven pushing one stick and one button making a block shoot smaller blocks at other blocks....

But I am still waiting like a giddy little kid thinking about the new Fallout. If it gets announced at this years E3 (which there are strong rumors that it will this time....FINALLY), I will then go into goofy mode until I can get my hands on a copy and then run off the wife and kids, shut myself into the man cave...and play the hell out of that game until my fingers bleed. A few games have grabbed me over the years (the first Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Legend of Zelda....all the way back to Raiders of the Lost Ark on the old 2600), but nothing has completely turned me into a slobbering idiot like Fallout. Gawd. I'm like a fat boy eating some heavenly lasagna when I start playing those games...

The new Star Wars and possibly Fallout 4 around Christmas time....if Claremore gets a 6-8 inch snow at that time, I may have to call into work sick for like two weeks....heehee....

Bethesda has made some of my all-time favorites. Every game of theirs that I've played has gotten, minimum, of 200 hours of game play.

Waiting for The Division myself. Been really getting into the combat simulators lately.

Reactions: MegaPoke
and I still can't put the controller down. If gamers were a gang, I would definitely be an OG. At 41, I was playing video games on the first consoles from Atari (played some Pong before that), thinking I was in hog heaven pushing one stick and one button making a block shoot smaller blocks at other blocks....

But I am still waiting like a giddy little kid thinking about the new Fallout. If it gets announced at this years E3 (which there are strong rumors that it will this time....FINALLY), I will then go into goofy mode until I can get my hands on a copy and then run off the wife and kids, shut myself into the man cave...and play the hell out of that game until my fingers bleed. A few games have grabbed me over the years (the first Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Legend of Zelda....all the way back to Raiders of the Lost Ark on the old 2600), but nothing has completely turned me into a slobbering idiot like Fallout. Gawd. I'm like a fat boy eating some heavenly lasagna when I start playing those games...

The new Star Wars and possibly Fallout 4 around Christmas time....if Claremore gets a 6-8 inch snow at that time, I may have to call into work sick for like two weeks....heehee....
Would recommend Xbox one?

For me, I'm most excited for any news about Mass Effect 4. I enjoyed Skyrim, but I've never been able to finish Fallout. I just like those Bioware-style RPGs more than the Bethesda-style ones.

I don't think anything could be as glitchy as skyrimjob....oooooo...that game had me madder than hell at times with the stutters and the freezes. There's still some stupid quests I could never finish, and there's one place in the game that still creeps me the hell out because about 4-5 town soldiers from Whiterun or some such come up asking me repeatedly "what do you need what do you need what do you need" over and over with their swords drawn, and block my character into a rock or tree where I can't even move gotdammit.

I haven't played skyrim in awhile because of all that, and had become a vampire with the DLC (can't remember the vampire DLC) and my character is pretty much a hungry ass vamp that's all blood crazy now lol. I think there's some DLC I added awhile back back that I haven't even played, and I don't have time to do it right now. When I go on a Bethesda bender, I'm pretty much indisposed for a few days...so my wife made me take my consoles to my parents house for awhile....

Rulz I'm just a few years behind you in age and I'm asking my wife for a PS4 for my birthday next week. I still love gaming. Witcher3 is out now and it looks like a blast.

Witcher does look awesome, but after watching people play it on Twitch, I think I would have to play/beat the first two to fully understand the storyline. Graphically it looks amazing!

I have Witcher 3 but haven't really started it yet. I've been working on the Final Fantasy X remaster. I played Witcher 2 without playing the first one and felt like I understood most stuff; there are a lot of in-game books or journal entries to help you out. If you want to play it, here are a couple Kotaku articles that will help you out. The second one especially is pretty long, but it's very helpful.

http://kotaku.com/5898645/before-you-play-the-witcher-2-heres-what-happened-in-the-witcher
http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152

Also, if you're thinking about it, CD Projekt Red, the company that makes the Witcher games, has promised to give away 16 free DLC packages over the next year or so as a thank you for people supporting the game after its multiple delays. There will be larger pay DLC options at some point, and the free ones are supposedly pretty small things (I think the first two were different hair options and a special armor), but I think it's pretty cool they're giving away so much for free.

I'm obsessed with World of Tanks. Been a game junkie since the late 70s. It's crack to me.

I know I'm late to the party but I finally got around to playing the Last of US on ps4. Probably my favorite game of all-time.

I look at it this way....

PS4 seems to appeal to us older gamers. The way the Playstation Network is set up and just aesthetics of the console and whatnot seem to be more directed towards someone like me, an older gamer that doesn't need all the green goo gah stuff dancing around in the background and whatnot. Just my opinion. My step son likes Xbox, and it seems most of the kids his age are more inclined to be on Xboxlive. The inverse is true for many of my friends and PS4.

It's really just what your preference is, but I prefer PS4 for my gaming. The Last of Us was great, awesome story really. But Fallout tho....

I'm older than some of you guys at 45 but video games have just been part of life forever for guys my age and younger.

No different than having a pool table or putting green or anything else recreational.

I just rarely have time anymore. When I do, I love the wide open worlds in Skyrim, Fallout etc.

I really like the Assassins Creed stuff too but hate the dumb story within a story thing. Nothing more irritating than getting into being a badass pirate and then suddenly having to finish a segment where I am in a modern office building hacking a computer and riding up and down elevators.

I'm older than some of you guys at 45 but video games have just been part of life forever for guys my age and younger.

No different than having a pool table or putting green or anything else recreational.

I just rarely have time anymore. When I do, I love the wide open worlds in Skyrim, Fallout etc.

I really like the Assassins Creed stuff too but hate the dumb story within a story thing. Nothing more irritating than getting into being a badass pirate and then suddenly having to finish a segment where I am in a modern office building hacking a computer and riding up and down elevators.

Yeah I hated Assassins creed when they started that. I got turned off quick.

Sandbox style gameplay is just too awesome. I hope it stays that way with this next game for Fallout, perhaps they will release the game and get the DLC pumped out quick too. I eat that all up on Fallout. It's like getting to play a new game for a few bucks when they do which is just awesome.

It can't get here quick enough for me...

I have a friend who used to write for Joystiq, the video game site (when it existed). He has a friend who works at Bethesda and says that friend keeps teasing him with Fallout 4 stuff. I have zero doubt that Bethesda will announce it at E3 in a couple weeks.

My friend said this other guy hasn't said anything specific about the next Elder Scrolls game, only that they "have a big show planned" for E3. Given all the accolades for Skyrim, I'm sure they're working on the sequel right now. I think that was the fifth Elder Scrolls game, so I doubt they're stopping anytime soon after how well Skyrim was received.

The same guy at Bethesda apparently keeps sending my friend pictures of a Pip Boy on his desk or a picture of a disc and saying things like, "I can't wait to show off this demo."

Bethesda's conference is on June 14, so you've got less than 2 weeks to wait before you find out how much longer you have to wait.

Well they have the Elder Scrolls online game going on right now. I have played it and it was pretty meh...I'd expect the announcement to be about the online game. If.its a new off Lan game, that would he awesome.

Oh good GAWD ALMIGHTY.

I'm am stoked like a little kid!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Just watched the trailer. My initial thoughts are kinda mixed....basically because this could either be Empire Strikes Back or The Phantom Menace....Fallout 3 was awesome in its gameplay, New Vegas with its old west motif and the backstory of the Courier coupled with some amazing characters and voice acting really was a helluva follow for this series. I'm excited for what I saw in the trailer (perhaps they will expound upon the events leading up to and shortly after the bombs fell), but I'm cautiously optimistic that they don't screw with the formula too much. I didnt like the flying blimp thingies I saw, looked a little too "Destiny", and the character in the "copter" in Power Armor looked a little Gears of War or Haloish...while I'm not totally opposed to vehicles in Fallout, I enjoy the world that was created in the first two games where everything is broken to hell and you have to fight to get to places. Made it all seem more real and challenging. Perhaps I'm reading WAAAAY too much into a trailer and snippets of info, but I'm a purist when it comes to video games...I like each entity to remain separate. Like I don't want to play Resident Evil and all of sudden feel like I'm playing Grand Theft Auto lol. Anyway, the opening scene with the dog and the flashbacks to life just prior to the nuclear attack was spectacular. And I may be wrong...but wasn't that Ron Perleman as the radio announcer? That delivery in itself was a departure from their previous intros.

Definitely sounded like Ron Perlman. I guess he hasn't been a radio announcer before, but he still delivered the classic "War...war never changes" line.

I also thought it was really interesting the protagonist actually spoke for the first time.

how do you guys find the time? that's my biggest question. not in a judging way. i like games. do you sleep?

Sleep? What the F*#}}{ is that???

Honestly, I have every other weekend off for 4 days (Friday thru Monday), so I can easily go into the man cave and not come out for that length of time... 96 hours of pure nerdy bliss....

I currently work 4-10's so I have an extra day available built in to play, too. Plus, the boss is working on her masters and soon to be PhD.....so that gives me more time to play. I'm out of her hair while she works :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT