ADVERTISEMENT

MegaPoke

May 29, 2001
Tulsa
www.shipmanphotos.com
There have been 26 members of the Lynyrd Skynyrd band over the years.

That's just unreal. Still, one of history's perfectly rated (neither over nor under) rock bands. Watching the Reel to Reel documentary with Eddie Trunk called "Gone With the Wind."

Also the current lineup is the loudest concert I've ever experienced as a fan or performer, and is no doubt, part of the reason you can't see concerts at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa (Bixby) anymore.

There have been 26 members of the Lynyrd Skynyrd band over the years.

That's just unreal. Still, one of history's perfectly rated (neither over nor under) rock bands. Watching the Reel to Reel documentary with Eddie Trunk called "Gone With the Wind."

Also the current lineup is the loudest concert I've ever experienced as a fan or performer, and is no doubt, part of the reason you can't see concerts at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa (Bixby) anymore.

I just watched that doc the other today and it was pretty good. I've always been more of a casual fan and I didn't realize that there was some hard feelings about the new version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Reactions: MegaPoke
I just watched that doc the other today and it was pretty good. I've always been more of a casual fan and I didn't realize that there was some hard feelings about the new version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I've seen them live and they really do a great job of playing the songs the way they were meant to be played and the brother does a great job of fronting the band. If there is a market for it, it's really a dumb thing to criticize them for.

Saw the documentary a few weeks ago and loved it. I became a big LS fan when I first heard them right after I got out of high school. Had the great fortune of seeing them a couple of times before the plane crash. Haven't seen them live since they reunited. I'm assuming the 26 includes back up singers, but that's quite a revolving door of musicians.

Reactions: MegaPoke
Saw the documentary a few weeks ago and loved it. I became a big LS fan when I first heard them right after I got out of high school. Had the great fortune of seeing them a couple of times before the plane crash. Haven't seen them live since they reunited. I'm assuming the 26 includes back up singers, but that's quite a revolving door of musicians.

Did not include backup singers!

But to be fair, the band was usually a 3 guitar lineup with a frontman who did not play a guitar, so they had 7 guys in most band photos. Once they added backup singers, they had 10 people on stage at any given time! I love them but man that's a lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT