ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Spanish Grand Prix

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Both Greco and freestyle start at 2AM Saturday on 4 mats and it will be streamed live if you go o the USA wrestling website (The mat.com) It is a one day tournament with wrestling starting at 9AM Spanish time or as I indicated 2AM central time. Several US team members are entered in freestyle including several Junior team members. At 55 kg Obe Blanc is entered along with Nico Megaludis, and Frank Perelli.61kg has Daniel Dennis entered and at 65kg Frank Molinaro. At 70kg James Green is entered and at 74kg both David Taylor, Mark Hall and Anthony Valencia are entered. Zahid Valencia is entered at 86kg and Nick Gwiadowski is entered at heavyweight. Aaron Pico was entered but now reported to be injured.

Both Greco and freestyle start at 2AM Saturday on 4 mats and it will be streamed live if you go o the USA wrestling website (The mat.com) It is a one day tournament with wrestling starting at 9AM Spanish time or as I indicated 2AM central time. Several US team members are entered in freestyle including several Junior team members. At 55 kg Obe Blanc is entered along with Nico Megaludis, and Frank Perelli.61kg has Daniel Dennis entered and at 65kg Frank Molinaro. At 70kg James Green is entered and at 74kg both David Taylor, Mark Hall and Anthony Valencia are entered. Zahid Valencia is entered at 86kg and Nick Gwiadowski is entered at heavyweight. Aaron Pico was entered but now reported to be injured.
Recap of the one day tournament.
James Green wins Gold!, David Taylor wins Gold!, Wynn Michalik wins Gold, Nick Gwizadowski wins Gold after trailing 8-0 came back for a pin!, Nick Valencia wins Silver and Nate Butler wins Bronze and Mark Hall wins Bronze. He was pinned earlier in this tournament. Forgot to mention that Daniel Dennis at 61kg also won Gold winning his finals match4-4 on criteria.I did watch some of the tournament as it was free and I had the time. Probably not a strong tournament but some good wrestlers and USA did well with 5 Gold Medals, 1 silver and two bronze medals. Congrats to the USA team!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT