ADVERTISEMENT

1st Official OSI Libertarian Debate Thread

ThorOdinson13

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2005
This is the 1st ever nationally televised Libertarian debate. Starting now on Fox Business. Any of you watching?

I'm not sure why John McAfee is even allowed to debate. Wasn't he born in Scotland?

With the disdain for both mainstream parties, the LP is actually showing signs of organizing. I like it. Missed the debate, but plan on finding it and watching.

Because my idea of what libertarianism is and what politics may deem it is are, quite possibly, 2 different things...

Does someone mind giving a very brief snapshot of generalized positions and theory of government?

Taxes
Social Programs
The U.S. role in Foreign Affairs
Military and it's role
Social orientation
Federalism vs State

Thanks in advance. If stuff goes down the way I think it may go down this summer....I may very well not vote in a national election for a long, long time. Would like to have something other than the 2 main offering (R/D) to read about.

That seems rather lazy of me...

If one of you, more educated on proper libertarianism, and how it manifests itself in politics (or hopes to), knows of an authoritative webpage or home site, please share that. No need to write out a response to my previous request.

CBrad, when I get home from work, I will try to give a cliff's version. At least what the party gave me here in FL.

Reactions: CBradSmith
https://lpf.org/our-party/platform/

That is more Florida-specific, but the organization of other states and at the national level are essentially the same. I am so hopeful that the LP continues down this path. The fact that they have actual delegates these days is a massive upgrade. They still need to mix in to local and state governments, they/we are finally doing it the right way. I despise politics, but have actually considered joining the FL LP just to see more. I am registered as LP, I just do nothing with it other than vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT