ADVERTISEMENT

“Illegal immigration does not increase crime”

Consider = know it makes sense?

Pfft. TDS is an attempt to explain away Biff's lack of the basic leadership quality of credibility. If someone shows they're full of shit, they're not believed any more. This isn't "derangement," it's common sense.

Do you ever challenge yourself to consider the possibility that you simply underestimate they guy?

I predict Toon doesn't come back to this thread after that crushing post by Mega.

Do you ever challenge yourself to consider the possibility that you simply underestimate they guy?

Yes. And then: 1) I heard his supporters, 2) I heard his pathological lying, and 3) I saw the unmitigated disaster that was his cabinet and hires.

He's incompetent. Health care, the wall, infrastructure, conservative spending, drain the swamp, all failures, all zero proactive energy to get it done, now he's painted himself in a corner to back up his big talk. All he's done is make appointments and sign a republican congress' tax cut. Have I missed some legislative agenda?

And he has 40 % of the electorate under his spell, I'm not underestimating him. But if 30 million people call a dog turd a lotus blossum, it's still a dog turd.

Yes. And then: 1) I heard his supporters, 2) I heard his pathological lying, and 3) I saw the unmitigated disaster that was his cabinet and hires.

He's incompetent. Health care, the wall, infrastructure, conservative spending, drain the swamp, all failures, all zero proactive energy to get it done, now he's painted himself in a corner to back up his big talk. All he's done is make appointments and sign a republican congress' tax cut. Have I missed some legislative agenda?

And he has 40 % of the electorate under his spell, I'm not underestimating him. But if 30 million people call a dog turd a lotus blossum, it's still a dog turd.

Damn, I thought you were talking about jug-ears, but then I realized you forgot totally f*king American business with over-regulation, kiss-ass bowing to the world, etc. But as biscuit boy says, carry on, mmok, circle jerk, TDS-BR/549, Moe/Larry/Cheese...........

Speaking of propaganda, let's add some context to this often repeated claim of yours.

Let's start with the fact that all estimates of crime by illegal immigrants are underestimates for 2 very basic reasons.

1. In America, a convict released from prison has had on average 3.9 prior convictions. Illegal immigrants are departed at the end of their time served or are deported in place of serving any time, and thus have to successfully sneak back in and work extra hard to catch up to the native born American incarceration average.

2. Illegal immigrant victims of crimes rarely if ever report those crimes because they don't want to be noticed by law enforcement themselves. Most black crime victims are victimized by blacks. Most white crime victims are victimized by whites. Most illegal immigrant crime victims are victimized by ___________________ (do the math). If no crime is reported, no-one is arrested. It doesn't mean whoever did the crime isn't a criminal. It just means it isn't documented - just like the perp and the victim themselves.

For some perspective - in this DHS study, you'll see that bewteen 2005 and 2015, 1.5 million illegal immigrants who committed crimes were deported. That is 10x more than the total number of adult illegal aliens in the US prison system in 2015. If deportation wasn't a consequence, how many of those deported do you think would wind up back in US prisons?

Last year, the Crime Prevention Research Center did a study on illegal immigrants in Arizona. Read for yourself. But in this summarizing excerpt, the author says "Undocumented immigrants are at least 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime than other Arizonans. They also tend to commit more serious crimes and serve 10.5% longer sentences, more likely to be classified as dangerous, and 45% more likely to be gang members than U.S. citizens. If those figures were extrapolated nationally, illegals in 2016 “would have been responsible for over 1,000 more murders, 5,200 rapes, 8,900 robberies, 25,300 aggravated assaults, and 26,900 burglaries.”

Too partisan a source? How about the US government? Back in 2011, well before Schumer, Obama, Clinton and others realized the value of the undocumented vote and actually were against illegal immigration for what it does to the low wage job market, the US government conducted a study on illegal aliens. Of particular interest are the findings on the murder rates in Arizona, California, New York, Texas and Florida.

• Arizona: 68.57 illegals imprisoned for homicide per 100,000 illegal aliens, compared to 54.06 per 100,000 for legal citizens in Arizona (21.16% higher)
  • California: 92.7 illegals imprisoned for homicide per 100,000, compared to 74.1 per 100,000 for legal California residents (25.1% higher).
  • New York: 168.75 per 100,000 illegals imprisoned for homicide, compared to 48.12 in the legal New York population (250.69% higher).
  • Texas: 54.54 illegal aliens per 100,000 imprisoned for homicide, compared to 63.43 in the legal Texas population (14.02% lower).
  • Florida: 54.85 per 100,000 illegals imprisoned for homicide, compared to 67.8 for legal Florida residents. (19.1% lower).
  • *Note that these are rates of imprisonment per 100,000, not annual homicide rates.
So.... higher in Arizona, Cali, New York..... but you may notice - lower in Texas and Florida. I'll grant you that for sure, but lower by much less of a margin than the other 3 are significantly higher - especially New York.

Look, nobody that I know of is saying that as a whole, illegal immigrants are bad people. I would probably do the same thing if I were one. But the claim that they are better, less criminalistic people than the native population of the US is purposely misleading and wrong. That's not propaganda. It's context.

They are undocumented people who A - don't report crimes, and B - typically get deported at some point in the legal system when they do commit crimes, so they simply are no longer here to be documented committing more crimes and filling up prisons. Neither of those things mean that illegal immigrants aren't committing crimes at or beyond the national average. It should be obvious on the face of it that there is something wrong with a statistic that tells you that across the board, illegal immigrants are simply better people than Americans.

hhP3tTZ.gif

In my best Jim Rome impression: "Rack 'em".

I predict Toon doesn't come back to this thread after that crushing post by Mega.

Bingo! Beaten like a red-headed step-child riding a rented mule while eating burned cheddar biscuits!

Would’ve returned earlier if I could’ve...new user restrictions and all...

Mega forgot to fact check himself...nice try tho...

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/622540331/fact-check-trump-illegal-immigration-and-crime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT