ADVERTISEMENT

“bots”

giphy.gif

From the link: Russians posted "derogatory information about a number of candidates," and by mid-2016 they supported Trump and disparaged Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. They bought ads and communicated with "unwitting" people tied to Trump campaign and others to coordinate political activities.

If that's illegal, lock up everyone who runs for office today.

Reactions: HighStickHarry
From CNBC. How exactly is this trying to get Trump elected?

"By in or around May 2014, the organization's strategy included interfering with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, with the stated goal of "spread[ing] distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general," the indictment said.

What I want to know is why is Mueller doing the FBI's job? I understand a special council to investigate the President or related, highly placed party members to avoid the appearance of political impropriety. But why is the special council filing indictments against a bunch of no-name foreign nationals? This really feels like one of three possibilities:

1) These individuals have connections to Trump (or his people) and thus by indicting them, Mueller hopes he can flip them for further state's evidence.

or

2) Mueller has to file some indictments to not look like a total fool in all this and to save face for those who have preached Russia, Russia, Russia for the past 16 months.

or

3) Mueller has nothing yet, but doesn't want to admit defeat so he files some simple charges in order to continue the investigation that frankly has gone kind of stale and is battling a shifting narrative that Russia Russia Russia was much ado about nothing.

What I want to know is why is Mueller doing the FBI's job? I understand a special council to investigate the President or related, highly placed party members to avoid the appearance of political impropriety. But why is the special council filing indictments against a bunch of no-name foreign nationals? This really feels like one of three possibilities:

1) These individuals have connections to Trump (or his people) and thus by indicting them, Mueller hopes he can flip them for further state's evidence.

or

2) Mueller has to file some indictments to not look like a total fool in all this and to save face for those who have preached Russia, Russia, Russia for the past 16 months.

or

3) Mueller has nothing yet, but doesn't want to admit defeat so he files some simple charges in order to continue the investigation that frankly has gone kind of stale and is battling a shifting narrative that Russia Russia Russia was much ado about nothing.
Wasn't this what he was charged with investigating? Russian interference.

All the Flynn, Manafort stuff is outside of his original mandate.

Reactions: PDT816
Wasn't this what he was charged with investigating? Russian interference.

All the Flynn, Manafort stuff is outside of his original mandate.

I thought it was Russian interference directly attributable to the Trump campaign apparatus. Why do we need a special council to investigate Russian peons? Is that not the FBI's job?

Yes, I'm sure you were quite offended at Mr. Starr.
Personally I couldn't give a shit if Clinton shot his wad all over some willing intern. He shouldn't of been such a liar about it and it would of all gone away.

I think special prosecutors are just investigations looking for a crime and that goes all the way back to Nixon.

Personally I couldn't give a shit if Clinton shot his wad all over some willing intern. He shouldn't of been such a liar about it and it would of all gone away.

I think special prosecutors are just investigations looking for crime and that goes all the way back to Nixon.

As many have stated on here many times: this is hardly the first time Russians have interfered in a U.S. election. Because of the pervasiveness of the internet and social media, the interference was more pervasive perhaps, but they have been engaged in all manner of disinformation, including around elections, for decades. And BTW, our government, or elements closely tied to our government, frequently interfere in elections in other countries.

Also, there's this, from Page 23, of the idictment: “At the same time, Defendants and their co-conspirators, through another ORGANIZATION-controlled group, organized a rally in New York called ‘Trump is NOT my President’ held on or about November 12, 2016. Similarly, Defendants and their co-conspirators organized a rally entitled ‘Charlotte Against Trump’ in Charlotte, North Carolina, held on or about November 19, 2016.”

This fits with the left's talking points. One of the things noted on CNBC by their analyst was that by doing these charges, there is now a verifiable crime, and thus any interference by Trump can be portrayed as obstruction. Without actual crimes being identified, its much harder to press an obstruction case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT