ADVERTISEMENT

“Abolish the Senate”

Trending on Twitter after Sen. Manchin’s comments yesterday. I saw some references to a “slaver constitution” as well. Easy to see where this is going. In a few years the far-Left will openly be calling for doing away with the Constitution.

They might as well be asking for a civil war.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Ol shysterkine used to try to pin the leftist dipshittery on random professors of leftist bullshittery at podunk community colleges. It's weird how fast the dipshittery spread into mainstream Dembicile politics... lol.
Not surprising in the least. The struggle is real for that one.

Trending on Twitter after Sen. Manchin’s comments yesterday. I saw some references to a “slaver constitution” as well. Easy to see where this is going. In a few years the far-Left will openly be calling for doing away with the Constitution.

I hear like... 18% of the country's population maintains control of the Senate. Minority rule, anyone?

I still think we need one super-legislature with proxy votes from the citizenry instead of representational democracy, which is not working, but that's just me.

I hear like... 18% of the country's population maintains control of the Senate. Minority rule, anyone?

I still think we need one super-legislature with proxy votes from the citizenry instead of representational democracy, which is not working, but that's just me.
“Checks and balances on total power are inconvenient“ 🤣

Reactions: iasooner1

Gotta love mob rule.

Personally, I’d rather go back to the pre 17th Amendment days and have the senate be the voice for state governments.

I know it would probably create as many problems as it would solve, but it would be interesting to watch the shenanigans as people tried to hold onto their seats as state governments flipped back and forth.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson

If I had my druthers, we'd have a parliamentarian system like England's Parliament or Ireland's Taoiseach.

When we were over there this February, I attended a couple of local council meetings in Cork right after Sinn Fein had more ministers elected than Fianna Fail or Fine Gael, but still didn't have enough to control without making a coalition with someone else. Ministers were back in their locals discussing coalition strategy. Was really interesting.

Plus, I LOVE "question time" in Parliament. It's a hoot.

Better stick to pleading out meth possession cases in Leflore County and leave math and legislating to the educated and capable.

The parliamentary Q&A is not only highly entertaining, it should be done here.

More importantly, why were you in a council meeting in Cork?

I was there for two week vacation.

Cork for five days, Liverpool for 4 days to catch an LFC match, then 5 days in Dublin.

We happened to arrive in Cork two days after the election where Sinn Fein won more seats than any other party for the first time in the Republic’s history. I saw that a council meeting was being held and I thought it would be interesting and an awesome opportunity to experience political culture first hand given the historical implications of what was occurring. So I just showed up and watched and listened.

Afterwards, I went to a pub with several of the attendees and made a few forever friends discussing American and Irish politics and history for hours.

Cork for five days, Liverpool for 4 days to catch an LFC match, then 5 days in Dublin.

We happened to arrive in Cork two days after the election where Sinn Fein won more seats than any other party for the first time in the Republic’s history. I saw that a council meeting was being held and I thought it would be interesting and an awesome opportunity to experience political culture first hand given the historical implications of what was occurring. So I just showed up and watched and listened.

Afterwards, I went to a pub with several of the attendees and made a few forever friends discussing American and Irish politics and history for hours.

That sounds like an awesome time. I got to go to the Limerick/Shannon area a few years ago to stay at a friend's place over Christmas. We had an absolute ball, the people were great and warm, and I gotta get back and give the whole country a good going-over.

I'd have loved to hang out with that crew. I had one epic session in a pub in some small town east of Limerick with a few bullshit artists and I've always wanted to go back and catch them again. An Irish Guinness really does taste better, too. Driving through the countryside was... interesting. Surprised they don't have a reputation for those crazy/lethal roads. I can imagine hearing them all weigh in on the crazy state of Irish politics. The average man on the street seems so much more knowledgeable and opinionated about politics than about anywhere I've been. The first conversation we really had was with a Dublin cab driver that gave us an oral PhD theses about the Choctaws (Chickasaws?) sending famine relief in the 1800's and a monument they put up in Dublin to commemorate it. The guy knew more about the tribe than I did.

That sounds like an awesome time. I got to go to the Limerick/Shannon area a few years ago to stay at a friend's place over Christmas. We had an absolute ball, the people were great and warm, and I gotta get back and give the whole country a good going-over.

I'd have loved to hang out with that crew. I had one epic session in a pub in some small town east of Limerick with a few bullshit artists and I've always wanted to go back and catch them again. An Irish Guinness really does taste better, too. Driving through the countryside was... interesting. Surprised they don't have a reputation for those crazy/lethal roads. I can imagine hearing them all weigh in on the crazy state of Irish politics. The average man on the street seems so much more knowledgeable and opinionated about politics than about anywhere I've been. The first conversation we really had was with a Dublin cab driver that gave us an oral PhD theses about the Choctaws (Chickasaws?) sending famine relief in the 1800's and a monument they put up in Dublin to commemorate it. The guy knew more about the tribe than I did.

Also keep in mind that County Cork is the birthplace of Michael Collins and the home of the War for Irish Independence. The entire city is tuned in and active.

I really want to figure out a way financially to live there as an ex-Pat when I retire.

Also keep in mind that County Cork is the birthplace of Michael Collins and the home of the War for Irish Independence. The entire city is tuned in and active.

I really want to figure out a way financially to live there as an ex-Pat when I retire.
Just so full of Blarney. 😀

Did you visit the Kilmainham Gaol prison? The tour is great.

You have something more to go on than “some reference to some bullshit comment”?

My grand parents immigrated from County Mayo to Chicago.

The Senate was never meant to be the representative of the people. That's the legislature. The Senate was designed to be the representative of the State. That's why the state legislatures originally chose the Senators. It should have never been changed.

The Senate was never meant to be the representative of the people. That's the legislature. The Senate was designed to be the representative of the State. That's why the state legislatures originally chose the Senators. It should have never been changed.
This. Our entire system is based on checks and balance. By changing this you removed a piece of that. I would also like to go back to 2nd place in the presidential is vp. This is also another check. (Don't get too far off the reservation, impeachment would be realy bad) I think this would have the effect of forcing the President to be in the middle more and represet all the people.

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT