ADVERTISEMENT

You know what some of these millennial brats need?

Democrats never change

EeYnJDuXYAA0SW-

EeYnJDvXYAACYI3

Not to be “that guy” pretty sure it’s “R Lee,” playing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

"You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unf**k yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!"........classic classic stuff!

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
That whole segment was R. Lee playing himself. I hear the Corps has eliminated that type of training

I doubt a marine/soldier/sailor/airman of any rank would get away with choking a colleague (subordinate or otherwise) in today’s military. However, from what I understand, the verbal abuse, of varying degrees, is alive and well.
They hadn't in 1969.

When I went through the infantry school at Ft. Benning 1979, they still cursed and yelled. From time to time one of the recruits decided he wanted to take a cut at a drill sergeant and they would settle the matter out of sight.

The cracks of BS though were entering....during one of our qualification drills with M-16's we were lined up in the foxholes and heard the "ready on the right," "ready on the left," then "commence firing." Easily a second later we heard "cease fire" and I saw one of my drill sergeants (Drill Sargent Harris one of the toughest people I ever met. He had 3 tours in Vietnam as a door gunner on a huey and would still be there if we were fighting) running behind me away from the firing line. Turns out he had called a Puerto Rican in our platoon "a dumbass Puerto Rican" because he couldn't hit the target at 50 meters. So the guy turned around and started shooting at him......they hauled the guy off and gave him an article 15, but 4 days later he was in the platoon and Drill Sargent had to apologize to him.

Towards the end of the training got to know Drill Sargent Harris pretty well and asked him about that. He said not even sure why he ran, knew the kid couldn't hit anything. Was crazy to see though.

Reactions: imprimis
When I went through the infantry school at Ft. Benning 1979, they still cursed and yelled. From time to time one of the recruits decided he wanted to take a cut at a drill sergeant and they would settle the matter out of sight.

The cracks of BS though were entering....during one of our qualification drills with M-16's we were lined up in the foxholes and heard the "ready on the right," "ready on the left," then "commence firing." Easily a second later we heard "cease fire" and I saw one of my drill sergeants (Drill Sargent Harris one of the toughest people I ever met. He had 3 tours in Vietnam as a door gunner on a huey and would still be there if we were fighting) running behind me away from the firing line. Turns out he had called a Puerto Rican in our platoon "a dumbass Puerto Rican" because he couldn't hit the target at 50 meters. So the guy turned around and started shooting at him......they hauled the guy off and gave him an article 15, but 4 days later he was in the platoon and Drill Sargent had to apologize to him.

Towards the end of the training got to know Drill Sargent Harris pretty well and asked him about that. He said not even sure why he ran, knew the kid couldn't hit anything. Was crazy to see though.
When you get off the bus, do they really have footprints painted on the pavement, and do you really get a long string of expletives from the drill instructor ending with, “you’re in the Army now!!!”

So you went to a military base named after a racist? At least, that's what the BLM crowd and most of the Congress thinks. It will always be known as Ft Benning regardless of what name they change it to. How about Ft. Daffy Duck? That would placate the BLM folks as Daffy is black.

Reactions: iasooner1
Not to be “that guy” pretty sure it’s “R Lee,” playing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

"You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unf**k yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!"........classic classic stuff!

Thanks for the catch. I guess I was thinking of one of O.J.s attorneys, F. Lee Bailey.

When you get off the bus, do they really have footprints painted on the pavement, and do you really get a long string of expletives from the drill instructor ending with, “you’re in the Army now!!!”

Haha nope.....I checked in at Ft. Jackson then they bused us to Benning. When we got to Benning at about 0300 the Drill Sargent's came out and said you have 15 seconds to get off the f**king bus and it took us 10 seconds to tell you. There were people squeezing out windows, going out the emergency exit and crawling over each other to get out. Didn't matter because they still said we took to long and everyone got into "front lean and rest" for 25.

One of the more humorous things to happen was if one dropped their weapon. They make an awful rattling sound, especially on asphalt and everyone can hear it. You then get in "front lean and rest" for 25 only you have your weapon on the backs of your hands (obviously not touching the ground) and every push-up you do you have to kiss your weapon and say something "I love you, sorry for dropping you my love," " I'll never drop you again my love" etc.

The 25 limit per time is also BS. I once ran afoul of Drill Sargent Scott (he was in the unit that guarded the Tomb of the unknown previous to being a Drill Sargent). So he put me down for 25 and when you get done you have to say "Drill Sargent Pvt Me requesting permission to recover." He acted like he never heard me so I kept pushing away. Got to something like 48 and he said "Private get your ass over here," you trying to get me cross ways with the platoon leader? Said no Drill Sargent, he said then why did you keep doing push-ups? Of course you would never say "because you wouldn't let me recover," so you plead ignorance to which DS Scott said, "not get your ass back down there and give me 25 more." Some of the craziest days I've ever had in my life.

So you went to a military base named after a racist? At least, that's what the BLM crowd and most of the Congress thinks. It will always be known as Ft Benning regardless of what name they change it to. How about Ft. Daffy Duck? That would placate the BLM folks as Daffy is black.

yep, in fact last week I bought 2 tee shirts and one pullover from Ranger Joe's on base, with Ft Benning emblazoned on each. If the PC pussies get their way and change the names of bases named after Confederate Generals the PC pussies in the military will probably prohibit those items being sold on base so wanted to get in front of the curve.

I agree though, everyone will always say Ft Benning, Ft. Jackson, Ft Hood etc. Insane how dumb people are.

yep, in fact last week I bought 2 tee shirts and one pullover from Ranger Joe's on base, with Ft Benning emblazoned on each. If the PC pussies get their way and change the names of bases named after Confederate Generals the PC pussies in the military will probably prohibit those items being sold on base so wanted to get in front of the curve.

I agree though, everyone will always say Ft Benning, Ft. Jackson, Ft Hood etc. Insane how dumb people are.
I had to go to 3 grocery stores to find a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup to keep for posterity. Sold out at 2 of the 3 stores.

Reactions: windriverrange
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT