ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another Charlie's Angels remake (insert eye roll here)

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon

I'm generally not a fan of "remakes" "reboots," etc., and this one certainly won't change my mind. Just...why?!? I still remember the original (Jacqueline Smith was my favorite) and wasn't excited for a movie adaptation anyhow. Okay, honestly, it pissed me off that Drew Barrymore demanded the Angels don't use guns in the movie as she's anti-gun, but still...not everything needs to be recycled!

Edit: I will say, however, that the early part of the clip almost made me think Kristen Stewart was attractive again.

Kristen Stewart - yuck
Elizabeth Banks - hell yes
The others - meh

Side note: Farrah gone 10 years ago last Tuesday.
b247f5f9034e8d1afeab07272e177441.jpg

Reactions: CarrolltonPoke
I go to maybe one movie a year these days. I am so sick of reboots sequels and comic book movies.

There are so many great historical stories and great ideas out there that only come to life in a serial TV format now.

The world does not need another Charlie’s Angels, but it’s a safe investment for the studios and producers.

I go to maybe one movie a year these days. I am so sick of reboots sequels and comic book movies.
I usually only go to a movie theater for James Bond movies, but .... next year 2 great sequels. We have most of original cast for Ghostbusters 3. And then the most highly anticipated sequel in the history of sequels, it won’t be bogus ..... Bill and Ted’s 3!

I usually only go to a movie theater for James Bond movies, but .... next year 2 great sequels. We have most of original cast for Ghostbusters 3. And then the most highly anticipated sequel in the history of sequels, it won’t be bogus ..... Bill and Ted’s 3!
Ummm. Zombie Land 2

I'm still a little shaky on why the original TV show existed and it popularity. I know T&A but still worst plot concept ever. I guess it was the Baywatch of its time.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for screen writers in the film industry. You can't make an original piece anymore. Your ideas will be crushed unless you can write enough witty pithy dialogue for Avengers Part 16: Origins Spider-man: Under the Bleachers X-Men Wolverine Reboot Gaiden.

I feel sorry for screen writers in the film industry. You can't make an original piece anymore. Your ideas will be crushed unless you can write enough witty pithy dialogue for Avengers Part 16: Origins Spider-man: Under the Bleachers X-Men Wolverine Reboot Gaiden.

There is plenty of original content (or content stolen from a novel) every year. Those are the movies that earn academy award nomination. The franchises you listed are all about generating entertainment for the masses and ticket sales. Both types of movies fill 2 different niches and have their place. Occasionally, a movie comes along that crosses over, but it is rare.

There is plenty of original content (or content stolen from a novel) every year. Those are the movies that earn academy award nomination. The franchises you listed are all about generating entertainment for the masses and ticket sales. Both types of movies fill 2 different niches and have their place. Occasionally, a movie comes along that crosses over, but it is rare.

I might have phrased that poorly with what I'm trying to say. I'm not arguing there is original content out there, I'm talking about screen writers having to pitch these original ideas to big studios. You would not see a mass marketing ploy for movies like Alien or the Exorcist or even the original Star Wars. They will make them, but there will not be the major support that something like Marvel movies get. Those Oscar winners you are referencing usually break even at best for the studio unless it is Lion's Gate, Searchlight, etc.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT