ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all hear that?

If you read his final two or three posts, you'd probably surmise that it was solely between him and the moderator. Blaming regular posters for his banning is like osuintx blaming regular posters for his threads being deleted (which he did in one of his final posts).

Maybe, but moderators acting anonymously on a politics board to remove certain opinions, regardless of extremity, is chicken-shit. And if they were doing it because they were asked to by liberal pansies, then its double-chickenshit on both parties.

The site gives us tools to ignore users who are extreme or unruly. So unless he was acting like Toon where he created a new account every 5 minutes to bypass those tools, banning is pretty cowardly.

If you read his final two or three posts, you'd probably surmise that it was solely between him and the moderator. Blaming regular posters for his banning is like osuintx blaming regular posters for his threads being deleted (which he did in one of his final posts).

I guess you missed Daves post talking about the Report button. My post above was just a jab at Davie anyway. If I don't like what someone is posting I just mosey on by it.

The same type of extremist who shames and belittles those who choose not to get the vaccine, yet those people seem to not just be tolerated, but celebrated.
Not in my view. I know a few cases where ardent deniers have gotten gravely ill, and in one case died from COVID after refusing the vaccine. That's firmly on them if that's the route they want to go.

...you don't want to get pregnant then do something to protect yourself against it...
In an ideal world a condom never breaks, the pill is 100% effective, uncles don’t molest nieces, and women aren’t raped I guess....

Last edited:
In your ideal world a condom never breaks, the pill is 100% effective, uncles don’t molest nieces, and women aren’t raped I guess....
That would be true in anybody’s ideal world, even yours I guess. In the real world condoms do break, the pill is not 100% effective and everybody knows that. They calculate the risk and are autonomously responsible for the results of their actions. Nieces do get molested and women do get raped in violation of their autonomy, but their autonomy is not destroyed forever following the violation. It’s their body, their choice. Always.

In an ideal world a condom never breaks, the pill is 100% effective, uncles don’t molest nieces, and women aren’t raped I guess....

What an unoriginal and completely dishonest retort. Did you get that BS from your Google overlords?

When more black babies are aborted in New York City than are born a thinking person knows, without question or debate, there is a problem and it has nothing to do with the things you listed.

At conception, a human being has his or her own DNA. At that point he/she is unique. He/she is a separate human life. Besides, cutting unborn babies out of the womb is a vile, macabre act, better suited to a Bosch painting, than a society of good and decent people.
So it's DNA then that defines the right to life - are you opposed to people pulling the plug on someone in a persistent vegetative state? No attempt at gotcha, just want to understand how you apply this logic across various cases. Terri Schiavo comes to mind...

So you are pro-choice then? Up to what point?
How many tomes do I have to tell you before it sinks through your thick skull? I’m not a Republican, I’m not a conservative, I’m not a Trump guy. I’m a radical libertarian. A human being either deserves autonomy over his own body or he doesn’t. A radical libertarian says he does. Every time. Even those times when he finds the choice to be disgusting beyond words.

• Haha
Reactions: Been Jammin
It’s possible he wanted to be banned. Sometimes people like him have a martyr complex that drives their actions. This may confirm to him that he is oppressed.

So it's DNA then that defines the right to life - are you opposed to people pulling the plug on someone in a persistent vegetative state? No attempt at gotcha, just want to understand how you apply this logic across various cases. Terri Schiavo comes to mind...
Fair question. I used the DNA example as to why an unborn baby is alive. At the moment of conception, he generally has his life ahead of him. He will generally develop into the person he was to become. If he is aborted, then that is snuffed out.

As to a person in a persistent vegetative state, I’m somewhat undecided. In a Louisiana “dying declaration” (living will), the person declares his wishes should he be in such a state, certified by his attending physician and one other physician. The person also declares whether he wants nutrition and hydration (feeding tube) to be administered invasively. At that point, your “software” is supposedly irretrievably gone, and your body is merely metabolizing nutrients and respirating on a machine ie. “brain dead”. The more I learn, the more I’m inclined to think 3-5 doctors should unanimously make this call. People have been known to make full and partial recoveries from such a state.

The Terry Schiavo case caused me problems for other reasons:

1. The video of her eyes following her mother’s finger. The experts say this was just a reflex, but I can’t help thinking that at least a tiny fraction of her “marbles” were still functioning in there.

2. The husband, who wanted to remove life support, had a conflict of interest because he wanted to remarry and could not divorce her in that state under state law. There is arguably an inadequacy in the state law here. It seems like a curator other than him could have been appointed for her to defend/answer the divorce petition and assert/protect her rights.

Fair question. I used the DNA example as to why an unborn baby is alive. At the moment of conception, he generally has his life ahead of him. He will generally develop into the person he was to become. If he is aborted, then that is snuffed out.

As to a person in a persistent vegetative state, I’m somewhat undecided. In a Louisiana “dying declaration” (living will), the person declares his wishes should he be in such a state, certified by his attending physician and one other physician. The person also declares whether he wants nutrition and hydration (feeding tube) to be administered invasively. At that point, your “software” is supposedly irretrievably gone, and your body is merely metabolizing nutrients and respirating on a machine ie. “brain dead”. The more I learn, the more I’m inclined to think 3-5 doctors should unanimously make this call. People have been known to make full and partial recoveries from such a state.

The Terry Schiavo case caused me problems for other reasons:

1. The video of her eyes following her mother’s finger. The experts say this was just a reflex, but I can’t help thinking that at least a tiny fraction of her “marbles” were still functioning in there.

2. The husband, who wanted to remove life support, had a conflict of interest because he wanted to remarry and could not divorce her in that state under state law. There is arguably an inadequacy in the state law here. It seems like a curator other than him could have been appointed for her to defend/answer the divorce petition and assert/protect her rights.
Greatly appreciate this reply! I would like to see more of this SiL and less of the angry name-calling one. Good job!

Last edited:
When does the state have agency? At fertilization? When does the individual lose their autonomy?
If you are pregnant you are no longer an individual. Regardless of your stance on abortion, your argument is specious.

When more black babies are aborted in New York City than are born a thinking person knows, without question or debate, there is a problem and it has nothing to do with the things you listed.
I gotta ask where you got that stat. Live births are nearly 2x abortions in New York per latest KFF data.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT