ADVERTISEMENT

WSOP Main Event

Ostatedchi

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
So a number of you know that I play poker and won an event a few years ago. I didn't want to say anything prior to now... But....

I just f'ing cashed in the main event. I don't have a really large stack right now but have enough to play and spin it up. But it's a pretty damn cool feeling to even get into the money.

Don't be breaking your Oreos wrong in the next round!!!

s-l640.jpg

Reactions: Ostatedchi
So a number of you know that I play poker and won an event a few years ago. I didn't want to say anything prior to now... But....

I just f'ing cashed in the main event. I don't have a really large stack right now but have enough to play and spin it up. But it's a pretty damn cool feeling to even get into the money.
Congrats used to have a passion for poker and it was my part time job in college. That is a massive accomplishment. Puts to shame my two intramural poker championships at OSU. Hope you make the final table!

Looks like you’re at a good table to do some damage. No real huge stacks. Just scanning there are lots of guys 100k or less. You have a real chance to climb.

A bit of both depending on the specific situation. I'm playing to win it all. But you also minimize risk as you can.

Get'em man. I will be cheering for you! Do they do this event live on TV now? I might have to watch one of these again.

I was trying to watch on the website. Looked like you must have been playing pretty conservative. I guess the Ostatedchi NIL will have to wait until next year

I hate the hand ace and then 6 through 9 as the kickers. Dang man but hell of a job. I know I am jelly.
I hate them too. But I was going to be basically all in during the next 3 or 4 hands. Any ace or pair at that point has to be good enough. Wasn't close to a pay jump so no need in waiting for better.

But in general I agree.

I hate them too. But I was going to be basically all in during the next 3 or 4 hands. Any ace or pair at that point has to be good enough. Wasn't close to a pay jump so no need in waiting for better.

But in general I agree.
Oh, in the spot you were in with what you had I wouldn't have played the hand different. I just loath those kickers on the Ace. Seems like every time I get "lucky" and get an ace with one of those kickers right before blinds or in the blinds while short stacked someone always comes up with the 10 to K kicker. I hate JJ I will actually fold that hand pre flop if I am sitting nice and not needing to play. I can't tell you the amount of money I have lost on pocket jacks. I love J 10 though love that shit and pocket tens.

What would a raise pre flop, then after the flop all in with representing you have the jack. Is that local poker tough or can you bluff those guys at all?

The Tulsa poker scene is very tough. Lots of sharks. As far as the raise and all in... it's all situational. It could mean a myriad if things.

What would a raise pre flop, then after the flop all in with representing you have the jack. Is that local poker tough or can you bluff those guys at all?
Were I played at after online got shut down was just donks left and right. If they had an ace they were all in pre flop. I hate all in pre-flop. I want to see a flop before I go all. I hate it even with pocket aces but I will go all in with those.

My quick skim of the players earlier this week suggested that most Oklahomans that had any success were in the general Tulsa area.

@Ostatedchi you ever play events against these guys?

Tulsa is generally where I play. It’s a pretty shallow pool of players and we all have played against each other quite a bit.

Tulsa is a pretty tough town for Poker. A break even player in Tulsa is probably a winning player most anywhere else.

No. I talked to him and he was already out but he got a 2nd place in an earlier event. He's just a bad ass.
He played a lot in a group I used to hang with 20 years ago. He was very good even then. My buddy who ran a book also played with him a lot.

In the day we had houses set up with poker games and whales out of Texas. Good times and wild stories that will never be shared out of my mouth.

Ha. I didn’t know he was an OSU grad. But I’ve never met him.

Yeah. They call it the WSOP circuit. Its actually in Durant this week and will be in Tulsa later.

I've taken 3rd in one circuit event and won another.

• Wow
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Sitting here watching WSOP single draw. What does one base their bets on? How do you get good at this? You have only your hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT