ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling camp scholarship

GG121AND2

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Wrestling for Life is now accepting applications for the Bill Bails Wrestling Camp Scholarship. The chosen youngster will receive $200 to defray the cost of a camp (or camps) of his/her choosing. Applicants must:

Be enrolled in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the 2016/2017 school year.

Have competed for his/her middle school wrestling team in its most recent season.

Have NOT competed in any wrestling event prior to April 1, 2015.

The recipient will be chosen on the basis of academics (50%), wrestling accomplishments (30%) and citizenship (20%).

Bill Bails, a retired educator/coach, has been a good friend to Wrestling for Life. He has inspired hundreds with his courageous battle against cancer. Not only has he shared his story of tenacity with groups ranging from the University of Northern Iowa wrestling team to high school students in Illinois, but, with the cooperation of his friend Greg Murphy, he has raised thousands of dollars with their Take Down Cancer events at Coe, Cornell and UNI.

I am honored that Bill has allowed us to name this scholarship for him.

Email me at jbrown@wrestlingforlife.org to receive an application. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2017.

A Cowboy fan has come forward and funded a second $200 scholarship. I have yet to receive an application from Oklahoma. Please help spread the word among any middle school coaches or administrators you may know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT