ADVERTISEMENT

WrestleStat Week 5 Rankings - 2016-2017

andegre

All-American
May 18, 2004
Here are this weeks rankings. One thing to note, I was not able to get the Cliff Keen and Journeyman Tussle match results entered prior to the rankings running, so those are not included.

In individual rankings this week, I'll make note of some of the big movers.
At 125, Nick Suriano of Penn State continues his impressive true freshman season and moves up another 11 spots after handling [last week's] #5 Darian Cruz of Lehigh.
At 133 Scott Parker also moves up 11 spots after he knocked off #5 Jered Cortez of Penn State.
Taylor Lujan (174) of Northern Iowa moved up 7 spots after taking the title at his home schools open tournament which included a win over #12 Zac Brunson.

In Dual Rankings this week, there wasn't much change at the top. Ohio State fell 3 spots which is directly attributed to the news of Keyshawn Hayes being out for the remainder of the season, down to #6. Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska all moved up 1 spot each as a result of that change. Rutgers dropped by 10 spots this week and it looks like the reason why is because Richie Lewis (#9 at 165) is no longer set as the starter.

In Tournament Rankings, this big mover here is Oregon State out west. They moved up 27 spots to slide in at #14.

Lastly, in our weekly Hodge Watch, there really are no significat changes here. Zain Retherford, Olympic Champion Kyle Snyder, and Jason Nolf still sit in the top 3. I don't have a history/trend on this page, but I believe Gabe Dean and moved up a couple spots after he continues to bonus his way through the season.

One thing to note, I realeased an enhancement this week to the Dual Rankings pages. You are now able to see all of the wins and losses that comparised of the schools projected dual ranking record. Now you can see which teams a school won and lost to.

Individual Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/wrestler

Dual Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/dual

Tournament Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/tournament

Hodge Watch: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/hodge

Your rankings seem very out of date.

For Penn State you have:
Jered Cortez ranked #5 at 133 but he has two losses to #18 and #20; should be lower
Jimmy Gulibon ranked #13 at 141with four losses to #2, #11, #23 and #100; should be lower
Joseph Vincenso #8 at 165 but has a loss to #19; should be lower

For us
Nick has not had a close match outside of 3-2 to Eli Hale but is still ranked behind Lambert who has a loss to #11 and three 1 point wins. should be #7 or #8 ahead of Cruz
(3-0) Collica, #6 beat Mayes while #4 Solomon (4-1) lost to him (I don't care if it was the allstar)
Joe Smith has not wrestled but is still #3; should be unranked
Chandler lost to #18 and is still #4; should be lower (7)
Starter Crutchmer, #6 lower that backup Rodgers, Should be #3
Starter Weigel, #12 lower that backup White, #6 and Wiegel beat #7; he should be #6
Schafer is undefeated while beating #6 Kroells and #8 Larson; he should be #4 as #4 & #5 have no record

Your rankings seem very out of date.

For Penn State you have:
Jered Cortez ranked #5 at 133 but he has two losses to #18 and #20; should be lower
Jimmy Gulibon ranked #13 at 141with four losses to #2, #11, #23 and #100; should be lower
Joseph Vincenso #8 at 165 but has a loss to #19; should be lower

For us
Nick has not had a close match outside of 3-2 to Eli Hale but is still ranked behind Lambert who has a loss to #11 and three 1 point wins. should be #7 or #8 ahead of Cruz
(3-0) Collica, #6 beat Mayes while #4 Solomon (4-1) lost to him (I don't care if it was the allstar)
Joe Smith has not wrestled but is still #3; should be unranked
Chandler lost to #18 and is still #4; should be lower (7)
Starter Crutchmer, #6 lower that backup Rodgers, Should be #3
Starter Weigel, #12 lower that backup White, #6 and Wiegel beat #7; he should be #6
Schafer is undefeated while beating #6 Kroells and #8 Larson; he should be #4 as #4 & #5 have no record
These rankings are current as of 12/6/2016, but do not include results from Cliff Keen or the Journeymen Tussle.

These rankings are based on the ELO rating algorithm, so just because X beat Y does not mean they will jump them in the rankings. When X beats Y, their RATING will go up from the win (even more if Y was rated higher prior to the match) and down for a loss.

All wrestlers, regardless of whether they are redshirting, injured, no matches yet, etc WILL be ranked, that's the point of WrestleStat rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT