ADVERTISEMENT

Wow this board is dead...

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Wish I could still post pics easily, start a thread about home shooting ranges/ideas. I’m building up mine now with some railroad ties, logs, and not to mention the large hill on the back of my land lol.

Also, the CZ Hammer Coach is one awesome double barrel shotty. If you like old shotguns with external hammers, it’s a good buy for the price, many of those are up there in price.

Zzzzzzzzzzz wa, What. Dude. you woke me up!

I don't have a great range but can get a 200 yd shot to the pond dam in the right direction. I try not to wear out the neighbors with shooting, but go down a half dozen times a year. sometimes I like going to the real range not far from my home (called Fossil Point, in North Texas). I've been wanting to do some sporting clays of late since I picked up a nice browning over under that fits me sooooooo well!

I picked up a barely used (not a single mark on it that makes it not look like new) Browning Lightweight Feather in 12 ga. at an estate sale. It fit me so well and naturally I couldn't leave without it. They don't make them anymore, but she sure is sweet. I hunted quail for the first time in 25 or more years, but got up only about 4 coveys and had limited shots but was able to shoot 3 for 3. I was pleased with the gun. So light!
wm_5024950.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a nice Browning. I wish I could find a nice old O/U Browning for decent cash..

I got all excited when I got the green light to get into my father in laws stash of guns. Found a 53 Browning Superposed....but both barrels had big ol knots about halfway down. And the action was loose. So...unless I want to pay up quite a bit, All I found was a Belgium made paper weight...

Nice O/U. I'd like to pick up an O/U in 20 or 28g. I have too many 12g... if having too many guns is a thing..

I need to pick up a youth model 20g. My twins are 7 now, and are itching to go turkey hunting this spring. I think they could handle a 20. They're shooting lights out with the .22 I got them. Threw my suppressor on it so they don't have to mess with ear muffs, plus I can shoot it in my back lot without causing a fuss...

Oooooo....a youth model 20. Mine isn’t for sale, but I didn’t realize that my dads old Remington 870 Express Magnum 20 gauge with a parkerized finish was a youth model until about 6 months ago, like 6 months after he passed. He always liked having small guns around, I think it was a home protection gun for him.

Im sure there’s tons of them floating around, but I don’t see them often in the gun shops locally, and I was in Bills sporting goods in Claremore just yesterday morning and a guy was looking for that very thing for his boys.

My little 870 is cool, has some Rem chokes for it as well. Pretty neat little gun for what it is. I have used it to shoot squirrels and have thrown some rifled 20 gauge slugs down the barrel at some coyotes as well. I actually have a little rifle holder on my Kawasaki Mule, it rides along with me when I’m out on the back of our land doing chores.

Nice O/U. I'd like to pick up an O/U in 20 or 28g. I have too many 12g... if having too many guns is a thing..

I need to pick up a youth model 20g. My twins are 7 now, and are itching to go turkey hunting this spring. I think they could handle a 20. They're shooting lights out with the .22 I got them. Threw my suppressor on it so they don't have to mess with ear muffs, plus I can shoot it in my back lot without causing a fuss...

At the same estate sale I picked up the browning, there was an O so sweet SKB O/U - a beauty, with both 20 and 28 ga. barrel sets. I really wanted it- it was about 3K, but very nice. It didn't fit me like the browning did though. A gun that fits just right and shoots where you look will spoil you. I've got a couple of them (and more than that just don't fit that great...it's a lot more work hitting something).

Honestly, with my twins being 4 and my 2nd daughter being 15 months, I just haven’t shot much in a while. I did order a new recurve now that should be here soon. I can shoot it in the back yard and not spook the little ones. .22’s are coming soon though.

I will be spending a lot of time riding bicycles this spring and summer since the twins are transitioning from strider style to pedal bicycles. I love to ride bikes and getting the kids real bikes is pretty exciting for me. Basically, I’ve spent way too much time inside the past few years with babies so I’m ready for more outdoors.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
The little ones are real blessings, but it's nice when they get a little bigger and require less intense supervision (partly dependent on the personality of the child :) and can go with you . You'll have some great hunting and fishing buddies there! Please post a pic of your new bow when it comes in!

Reactions: Rulz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT