ADVERTISEMENT

Woohoo

Wow. I'm jealous. I have wanted one of those for a long time, but I'm just not wanting to mess with all the silliness. I guess I need to get on this stick

http://www.silencershop.com

They will do all of it, including finding your most local Class 3 FFL to make the local transfer. I set up a trust but honestly am not sure if that still works the same. These guys can do all of it. You just pay for the items.

I ordered 2 in January. One was not in stock and had to be made so we could get a serial number for our application so I'm still waiting on it. I will go shoot it in the morning.

I've got an AR in .308 that I'm going to thread

I bought a a suppressor for my 300 WSM at the same time. It won't work for an AR but will for a bolt gun.

The next one will be for an AR style weapon but I have not settled on a big bore option for my AR yet so I am waiting on the suppressor until I know what I am getting

Oh, and I would like to get one for my 1911's sometime in the future. That will require new barrels and maybe some other mods so it is down the list a bit.

My bro-in-law is a rep for tactical solutions. They have been selling the crap out of their.22 cans. I'd really like to get one for a .22lr pistol to take in the tree stand with me to shoot pigs with while bowhunting.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
Alrighty...I am going to do it.

I really want one for my HK91....it's got a different thread count, I don't have it in my head at the moment but it's not the usual thread count common on many 22 calibers.

Yeah...308 with a silencer and the right ammo would be awesome.

I don't have one but was added to a friends "trust" whose name the can is under.

I wasn't able to do much shooting with the silencer this morning, just 9 or 10 rounds. I shot the pistol without the silencer and then with the silencer.

It just so happened that a coyote walked out in front of me right after I left my house. He was obviously unworried since it was dark outside. I shot once with the pistol unsilenced. Then I threaded on the silencer and was about to pull off when I saw that he'd just run about 30 yards from where I had shot at him originally. I drove around a couple trees and put the little red dot on his head and shot. pop. THWACK.

First round out of my Buckmark with the suppressor kills a coyote at 40 yards or so. Couldn't get any cooler or luckier with the shot.

The shot didn't kill the coyote instantly dead so I shot him about 7 more times in the head to finish the job. It was awesome how quiet it was.

I will take some video so you can hear the difference this afternoon. From my personal perception, it was a very significant reduction.

I shoot with hearing protection every time I shoot except wingshooting, and i have some new hearing aids for that. I have 80% loss in one ear and 60% loss in another. I never hear the full report of a rifle/pistol so remember that.

With a 22 rifle, the report is nothing. The barrel is far enough away, it doesn't feel painful or annoying. With a 22 pistol, that is not the same. The report can hurt just a bit and is definitely annoying. With the can on the pistol, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it all day long without hearing protection. It goes from a POP to a pop. I would say that it produces 1/3 or less of the sound that the unsilenced pistol produced. But that's not really the best way to describe it. What it really does is decrease the peak of the sound and spread it out over a more comfortable time period.

The best way I can describe it is a normal 22 shot is the equivalent of having 5 gallons of water dropped on you. With a silencer, it is more like it is being poured on you. You still get 5 damn gallons of water on your head, but one way hurts a little and the other is just getting you wet.

That describes the decreased maximum sound impulse and muzzle blast that is reduced or directed away from your face and ears.

In short, it's a much more pleasurable way to shoot.

I called the Silencer Shop, and they thought my other can would be here around December. That will be the true test since that is a beast of a rifle.

I'll post a pic of the pistol with silencer in a sec.

Reactions: dtspoke
Oh, that is so slick.

I'm with you on hearing loss, that was the driving influence for me to silence a couple of my firearms. My friends from the UK are always aghast when they see how liberal we are with our gun laws, but still treat suppression as FFL III like we are buying a Ma Deuce or something.

As I've been shopping for 1911's the idea of suppression has been in play for me for sure. That's caused me to look at pre-threaded barrels like the Kimber Custom TLE/RL II (TFS). I don't like the looks nearly as much as a Custom Crimson Carry II, non-threaded Warriors, or one of the Colt Combats, but putting a suppressor on a full frame 1911 makes my heart go pitter-patter.

If I suppress the .308 I built this year, it will look almost identical to this rig except mine is cerakoted OD Green.

armalite-ar-10-308-suppressed-sniper-rifle-semi2.jpg

Now someone tell me this rig isn't the cat's pajamas. That suppressed Warrior is all kinds of nifty.

Kimber-Warrior-MarLinized.jpg

I'm way less into the looks and the handling of the suppressors, but the legit benefits they offer for the pleasure of shooting and accuracy is all that matters.

The length of a hunting rifle can easily exceed 36" and can be a bit of a pain to maneuver in tight cover. If you add a silencer to the end it can add 5-8" to the end of an already long rifle. That's a prime reason I chose the 300 WSM over the 300 Win Mag. They have nearly identical ballistics in the normal operating range I work in, but the 300 WSM will be about 2" shorter. That makes the addition of a 7" suppressor only about 5", relatively speaking. And my rifle already has a 2" muzzle brake attached to the end of the barrel. I will have only added about 3" to the overall length of my rifle and only about 1" to the 300 Win Mag. I can live with that.

Additionally, with a handgun, they make the handgun handle more poorly. They hang a 1/2 pound weight out at the end of the barrel, rendering a perfectly balanced work of art 1911 into a muzzle heavy pig.

And I'd buy one for each of my 1911's without hesitation right now. It's that good.

The AR can be a pretty compact platform already and you can get a nice 16" barreled 308 and strap a pretty long can and still be relatively short. It doesn't bother as much as on a hunting rifle.

I'm vain when it comes to by firearms and my using gear for my horses.

I doubt that I suppress any of my hunting rigs due to the difficulty of use for me specifically since most of what I do firearm hunting is in the mountains and horseback. Saddle scabbard is pretty critical.

That .308 is a varmint shooter and is getting set up for shooting steel at distance.

The balance is a part of why I'm looking at full frame 1911's. I've been told that a couple of suppressors like Osprey or one of the lighter titaniums help a lot with balance and barrel harmonics making POI change less of an issue.

And I won't be more deaf.

Be sure that whatever you buy is appropriate for the firearm. Many titanium ones aren't for semi-auto use.

The inconvenience issues during a hunt are specifically what I'm trying to avoid as best I can.

Reactions: dtspoke
I went out and videod my brother shooting but you really couldn't tell a difference. I think I was too far away or maybe an I phone's microphone is just incapable of replicating the difference.

Big brother was amazed.

How would a silenced 300 blackout do for hogs within 100 yds? Would it have enough power for penetration?

I honestly cannot answer this with any knowledge

Using subsonic or regular ammo?

This would be very relevant for the overall db's produced by the firearm.

What I can tell you is there are significantly more 30 caliber cans than 50 caliber cans. I can tell you is that there are significantly less expensive 30 caliber cans than most 50 caliber cans. I can tell you the 30 caliber cans generally weigh a lot less than 50 caliber cans.

I use 50 caliber cans because in big bore AR platforms, the 50 bushmaster, 458 socom, and 50 Beowulf are all viable alternatives to 300 blackout. All would require a 50 cal can.

Personally I think I like the 458 socom the best atm. It will probably change in a few minutes, though.

Couldn't stand it any longer, so I picked up a Tactical Solutions pac-lite .22lr with a 4.5 barrel, Vortex Viper 6 MOA red dot this weekend and just ordered the tactical solutions ascent suppressor to go with it. Gonna be a long wait for that can, but stoked about the new rig.

Couldn't stand it any longer, so I picked up a Tactical Solutions pac-lite .22lr with a 4.5 barrel, Vortex Viper 6 MOA red dot this weekend and just ordered the tactical solutions ascent suppressor to go with it. Gonna be a long wait for that can, but stoked about the new rig.

Yeah, it's best just to put it out of your mind until it comes in. I ordered mine around March, and judging by the posts on the NFA tracker site, I won't be getting mine in this year, hell, maybe not even this winter.

It's total bullshit that we have to go through this garbage. The NFA is a crock of shit

When I went to Wilshire Gun yesterday to complete my registration, he said they are moving quicker, and they have started receiving suppressors ordered in January.

Yeah, just because they received the suppressor does not mean it is available to take home. Mine were at the dealer for months before I was approved. Not to be a Debbie downer.

I have a Tac Sol barrel on my Browning Buckmark and love it. Additionally, I have the Tac Sol Axiom suppressor and it works great. You'll be very pleased with your purchases. Vortex makes high quality products as well.

All around, you did good.

I should have been more clear. The approvals are coming through for the suppressor's ordered in January, so people are actually taking them home. That is for the people that registered individually, not the trust.

Have you shot subsonic and standard ammo through your gun? I'm most excited to take up it up in the tree stand with me during bow season to shoot pigs without disturbing much else.

I haven't shot any sub sonic ammo. I've been looking to thread a 22 I own that is a bolt gun for that. I don't have a lot of options out here in Guymon. Soon though.

I bought a Silencerco Osprey for my HK USP tactical 9. I got a .45 caliber Osprey so I can use it on my 1911s and the HK. It will also work with 300 Blackout, so I'm going to get a 300 Blackout upper for my AR.

My AR has a Fostech Echo trigger, not sure if the Osprey can handle FA, (the Echo trigger is a binary trigger for those that don't know, fires on pull and release, 2 shots in rapid succession).

@panhndlpoke What suppressor did you order for your rifle?

Now since my .22 can is in jail, I have convinced myself that I need to order one for my 6.8. I've looked at a few, from the budget friendly Gemtech Tracker to some AAC's and Thunderbeasts. I've recently started looking at the Sig SRD762 direct thread. It appears to be the frontrunner at the moment.

@panhndlpoke What suppressor did you order for your rifle?

Now since my .22 can is in jail, I have convinced myself that I need to order one for my 6.8. I've looked at a few, from the budget friendly Gemtech Tracker to some AAC's and Thunderbeasts. I've recently started looking at the Sig SRD762 direct thread. It appears to be the frontrunner at the moment.
Thunderbeast Ultra 7. They're the most accurate of the silencers. Something like 35 of the top 50 precision long range shooters use a TB can. I got the 7" model as a compromise between the convenience of a 5 and the maximum suppression of the 9. It is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT