ADVERTISEMENT

Women Want to Know Why Men Don't Want to Marry Anymore...Allow Me

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

"What doesn’t help — and what often isn’t discussed enough — is that women take an emotional toll on men. Men are simple creatures who tend to know what we want when we want it. We don’t lend too much time to analyzing our emotions. We’re more likely to spend time thinking about how fast a gerbil could run if we gave it horse legs than trying to connect with ourselves on an emotional level. We don’t really have that need. Hell, if we need to, we can hop into our mind’s “nothing box” and give it all a break."

Since this will definitely be one of the first stops when the Second Coming occurs, due to the immeasurable depth, width and length of intelligence exhibited by individuals on this board, though would get peoples opinions on the article.

I read it. A little too much ground to cover in such a small piece. But worth reading.

I have problems with generalizing and putting women into one group. This article seems to put all women into the described mindset. That isn't true. Some women, but not all women are like this. But there are some really fine ladies out there. The problem with THEM not finding a lifetime mate is... it is too risky for the men. If you strike out, the cost is high for the man. And I'm not just talking financially.

Even in a lifelong marriage, I've asked myself many times, "Why did I get married?" It's hard work and a big pain in the butt. Things would be so different now if I never had married... for the better. My wife had every opportunity to throw me out the door for the mistakes I've made and vice versa. But she's a fine lady, and has kept us together. Now 43 years later, we're still together, but I continue to mumble things under my breath like, "Aye yi yi. What a dumb woman", or "Why did I get myself into this?"

Like the article, I'm cramming too much into one paragraph to tell the story, but the point is - I think a lot of guys are seeing early in life (and in relationships) that it may not be worth the hassle, and decide not to get married, thanks in large part to the cultural decline brought on by the ideologies. grievances and expectations of the left. It's all on display on the Internet now. "Progressive" my ass.

My favorite quote from the article...

They (women) believe that offering their love to the man is sufficient and that men should just be grateful to have them. The idea that women suddenly make a man happier by their presence is a storybook sentiment.

Nailed it.

I read it. A little too much ground to cover in such a small piece. But worth reading.

I have problems with generalizing and putting women into one group. This article seems to put all women into the described mindset. That isn't true. Some women, but not all women are like this. But there are some really fine ladies out there. The problem with THEM not finding a lifetime mate is... it is too risky for the men. If you strike out, the cost is high for the man. And I'm not just talking financially.

Even in a lifelong marriage, I've asked myself many times, "Why did I get married?" It's hard work and a big pain in the butt. Things would be so different now if I never had married... for the better. My wife had every opportunity to throw me out the door for the mistakes I've made and vice versa. But she's a fine lady, and has kept us together. Now 43 years later, we're still together, but I continue to mumble things under my breath like, "Aye yi yi. What a dumb woman", or "Why did I get myself into this?"

Like the article, I'm cramming too much into one paragraph to tell the story, but the point is - I think a lot of guys are seeing early in life (and in relationships) that it may not be worth the hassle, and decide not to get married, thanks in large part to the cultural decline brought on by the ideologies. grievances and expectations of the left. It's all on display on the Internet now. "Progressive" my ass.

My favorite quote from the article...

They (women) believe that offering their love to the man is sufficient and that men should just be grateful to have them. The idea that women suddenly make a man happier by their presence is a storybook sentiment.

Nailed it.
The portion in bold. Doesn’t that basically describe a “princess” complex?

Interesting article, but Bill Burr said it better a few years ago. Warning: language.

Too many people get married at a young age and confuse lust for love. Your personality changes the most from from the 7 year period starting at 18 or 19 years old. It is drastic, get married young and a few years later you are not married to the same person.

I told my 2 daughters to not consider marriage until they were 26 and could support themselves. One married at 19 was divorced 4 years later. The older daughter married at 25 and is still married.

Many men do not fully grow up until they are 30, seen it a bunch.

Young women like the good looking bad boys that think they are Alpha males and might grow up by 30 when they realize playing high school sports is their greatest life achievement and no one cares anymore and they need to grow up. Young women miss the true Alpha males that are well rounded and are leaders and serious about their future but are viewed as not as much fun. Peer pressure and popularity causes High school kids and early enrollees to college to make bad decisions that are hard to correct.

Many of the women that divorce young the second time around are looking for the type of guys they ignored earlier. Both of my daughters are attractive, the oldest daughter especially and both are smart. The oldest daughter liked the bad boys in high school and had a young man pursuing her that was just unreal academically, socially, and athletically. Very rich family. She would not give him the time of day, and after she grew up and realized the bad boys were just that, she tried to connect with him and he was not receptive and had moved on and had his life moving in a great direction.

Young Women and men both, particularly in Oklahoma that leads the country in divorce, marry way too early for the wrong reasons and get divorced, mom now has kids to raise, and everyone now has baggage. How many men at 23 want to date a women with young kid(s)? How many men coming out of that want to jump back in to marriage?

Many issues why marriage does not work. I married at 30, intentionally waited. My wife brought 2 daughters to the marriage. We both had our shit seriously together by age 30. We are still married and celebrated 30 years this month.

Marriage is not for everyone. My advice to young men and women is wait until 26-30, find out who you are, learn to forgive and love yourself, and understand marriage is not a fairytale and if you are waiting for the perfect person you will never get married.

I was ok going thru life never being married, I made the decision I would only do it if I found the right person and I never put a timeline on it. Some Women in general put a timeline on what age they have to be married by and their friends put peer pressure on them to get married and if they do not something is wrong with them. It is like checking off a box and proving I am special because a man wants to marry me and you should be jealous.

Stupid young peer pressure and youthful lust phucks up young adults all the time, and it is not just marriage.

Last edited:
This story is so true on so many levels. Of course, I’m speaking from the point of view of a divorced guy who saw much of this play out in my own marriage/divorce. But, then again, i got the house, the kids, and all the stuff so im a pretty happy guy today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT