ADVERTISEMENT

Woke Rebranding: Victoria’s Secret Throwing Out Iconic ‘Angels’ Imagery in Stores as It Closes Hundreds of Locations and Loses Millions

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

Victoria’s Secret CEO Martin Waters is advising store associates of the brand’s rebrand, saying “We are moving from what men want to what women want; We are going from a look to a feeling, from excluding most women to including all women, from mostly unattainable to grounded in real life.”

Wow this guy must have the most ironclad of all CEO agreements ever know....what a dumb as thing to say. I don't know of many heterosexual women that would want to emulate that olympic soccer turd verus say Heidi Klum.

Its an interesting business decision. As the CEO said, for a long time, VS was built on an image of the sexy image of what a man projects onto their girl. And I get the goal that they want to be more inclusive of other body types and are trying to shift to more of women's perspective of sexy. But to risk the market leadership position in the upscale lingerie industry in order to capture some of the "Hanes" crowd potentially seems short-sighted.

Reactions: davidallen

Victoria’s Secret CEO Martin Waters is advising store associates of the brand’s rebrand, saying “We are moving from what men want to what women want; We are going from a look to a feeling, from excluding most women to including all women, from mostly unattainable to grounded in real life.”

Wow this guy must have the most ironclad of all CEO agreements ever know....what a dumb as thing to say. I don't know of many heterosexual women that would want to emulate that olympic soccer turd verus say Heidi Klum.
When was the last time you shopped Victoria’s Secret?

Its an interesting business decision. As the CEO said, for a long time, VS was built on an image of the sexy image of what a man projects onto their girl. And I get the goal that they want to be more inclusive of other body types and are trying to shift to more of women's perspective of sexy. But to risk the market leadership position in the upscale lingerie industry in order to capture some of the "Hanes" crowd potentially seems short-sighted.
I am certain they have done their homework. I find it funny a bunch of guys who post on this board feel like they have their finger of the pulse of this particular market.

To each their own.

I am certain they have done their homework. I find it funny a bunch of guys who post on this board feel like they have their finger of the pulse of this particular market.

To each their own.

Well Dave has spoken on his preference. Fair enough.
You be you bro.
fat-brazilian-woman-199x300.jpg

To each their own.

I agree with "To each their own". But lets not pretend that some companies haven't made piss-poor decisions that have cost them dearly while trying to virtue signal to the leftist ideology. When I went back to school and got my MBA (UT-Dallas), one of my favorite classes was an Organizational Strategy course where we did case studies of significant business decisions. We studied IKEA's US expansion strategy, GM's creation of Saturn Motors, and others. I could see this VS decision being one studied in the future.

I agree with "To each their own". But lets not pretend that some companies haven't made piss-poor decisions that have cost them dearly while trying to virtue signal to the leftist ideology. When I went back to school and got my MBA (UT-Dallas), one of my favorite classes was an Organizational Strategy course where we did case studies of significant business decisions. We studied IKEA's US expansion strategy, GM's creation of Saturn Motors, and others. I could see this VS decision being one studied in the future.

Have you read Hard facts, Dangerous-Truths & Total Nonsense by Robert Sutton (also wrote one of my favorite books "The No Asshole Rule") and Jeffrey Pfeffer? Great book discussing what you talked about above. Some execs, even in the face of utter reality, still blew it.

VS will rue the day they quit wanting to appeal to men and cuddled up with the PC stuff.

Have you read Hard facts, Dangerous-Truths & Total Nonsense by Robert Sutton (also wrote one of my favorite books "The No Asshole Rule") and Jeffrey Pfeffer? Great book discussing what you talked about above. Some execs, even in the face of utter reality, still blew it.

VS will rue the day they quit wanting to appeal to men and cuddled up with the PC stuff.

I've actually read "The No Ass-Hole Rule" many years ago. Saw it on an airport newstand and needed something for a flight and the title was catchy. Was an interesting read. Not my favorite but much better than many of the 'bestseller' business/leadership books out there that I've read. I've not read the other book you reference, but I'll look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT