ADVERTISEMENT

Winds of Winter News (sort of)

I saw some conjecture about this the other day. It would be pretty surprising if the next book is coming out in the next 4 months or so without any kind of announcement at all.

Well, from what I have heard, from completion to publishing is about a 2 month window. He doesn't want to announce anything until he has it into the publisher. So, there is a chance...

However, I am dubious as well.

I read somewhere that the turn around for Dance was 11 weeks (turning it in to in fans hands). Also, it looks like the earliest this season will start is May.

So while I doubt it will happen there seems to be at least a chance.

Reactions: Been Jammin
does he use an editor? Assuming he does, it would make sense they have a big chunk of the book working it over? Does it not go to the publisher until it's 100% locked in?

He definitely uses an editor and gives them (I think there are 2 of them) chunks of the book as he finishes them. They then make suggestions and he will go back and revise chapters if needed. My understanding is that, for some chapters, there is a lot of back and forth before they get to the final version. But, some percentage of TWOW is completely finished and ready to go to the publisher. I don't think he submits anything to the publisher until it is 100% complete. That would probably result in too many eyes having access to parts of the book for an extended period of time (potential leaks).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT