ADVERTISEMENT

@windriverrange, I Read This

Hey PD, thanks for posting. I still check in on a number of sources each day and chat with some of my friends in Ukraine fairly often.

Yes the manpower differential is a problem, but I doubt the orcs are going to overrun much of anything else in Ukraine. The orcs are losing over a 1,000 people a day and as far as being able to improvise the Ukrainians are way ahead of them. Reading some of the eastern european publications the orcs have huge issues with armor and properly equipped and trained volunteers. Enlistment bonuses are now being doubled to go serve as a scumbag mercenary for a country that could care less about you.

One thing though, is that the promised military supplies are not getting to Ukrainians in a timely manner which limits them to their number of fire missions each day for instance. I agree that drones have forever changed the war there and warfare in the future, but honestly by how much? Ultimately countries will come up with counter measures that negate some of the things you see now. As I watch videos on telegram of suicide drones blowing up individual soldiers it has to be a most stressful existence on the front lines.

That countries won't allow Ukraine to strike targets in russian with certain munitions is just dumb because if they could do that you would push the supply lines back a long way and the transportation of anything to the front lines could be impeded and give the Ukrainians a distinct advantage from a standpoint of the information they gather from irregular warriors. Targeting things/personnel at collection points deeper in russia would be a huge boost for the Ukrainians.

I still feel like that Ukrainians will continue to fight instead of giving up territory again. Maybe there will be a peaceful solution arrive, but even if a cease fire/treaty is signed how can you trust russia/putin? We shall see, but what I know for a fact is that my friends in Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkov and a few other places are not being crushed by losing electricity, inflationary prices or even the loss of friends. They are getting use to the hardships and not ready to quit.

Things seem pretty bleak currently, but they are not ready to quit fighting. So we shall see what happens when more modern and better equipment gets to Ukraine.

Have agood weekend man.

Hey PD, thanks for posting. I still check in on a number of sources each day and chat with some of my friends in Ukraine fairly often.

Yes the manpower differential is a problem, but I doubt the orcs are going to overrun much of anything else in Ukraine. The orcs are losing over a 1,000 people a day and as far as being able to improvise the Ukrainians are way ahead of them. Reading some of the eastern european publications the orcs have huge issues with armor and properly equipped and trained volunteers. Enlistment bonuses are now being doubled to go serve as a scumbag mercenary for a country that could care less about you.

One thing though, is that the promised military supplies are not getting to Ukrainians in a timely manner which limits them to their number of fire missions each day for instance. I agree that drones have forever changed the war there and warfare in the future, but honestly by how much? Ultimately countries will come up with counter measures that negate some of the things you see now. As I watch videos on telegram of suicide drones blowing up individual soldiers it has to be a most stressful existence on the front lines.

That countries won't allow Ukraine to strike targets in russian with certain munitions is just dumb because if they could do that you would push the supply lines back a long way and the transportation of anything to the front lines could be impeded and give the Ukrainians a distinct advantage from a standpoint of the information they gather from irregular warriors. Targeting things/personnel at collection points deeper in russia would be a huge boost for the Ukrainians.

I still feel like that Ukrainians will continue to fight instead of giving up territory again. Maybe there will be a peaceful solution arrive, but even if a cease fire/treaty is signed how can you trust russia/putin? We shall see, but what I know for a fact is that my friends in Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkov and a few other places are not being crushed by losing electricity, inflationary prices or even the loss of friends. They are getting use to the hardships and not ready to quit.

Things seem pretty bleak currently, but they are not ready to quit fighting. So we shall see what happens when more modern and better equipment gets to Ukraine.

Have agood weekend man.
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea who is going to win that war. The two "pro-Russian" sites I check in on from time to time have been assuring us for the last 2 1/2 years that Ukraine was going to fold any day now. You'd think they be embarrassed. What I mostly found interesting was the talk about war tactics and the future of war, the growing importance of drones, the declining importance of tanks, that organized armies are having to transition to guerilla tactics as part of a return to WW1 attrition warfare. I guess some things will never change.

Reactions: windriverrange
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT